Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Author Topic: Any edits that let you force doctrines/remove blueprints from your faction?  (Read 1543 times)

Lolpingu

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile

So, I spend like 20 minutes in the doctrine screen just messing around and customizing my patrols, and then I see these bastards using mining blasters instead of the plethora of options they can use for medium energy weapons.
It aeathetically drives me up a wall when I use mod ships as this mixing and matching thoroughly ruins the ship looks. I want to watch my beautiful blackrock fleets eradicate things with juicy, green plasma, not mine them.
It also irritates me when they use undersized guns.
They have no reason to do this as my doctrine includes low-OP options.
Also, they use weapons from other mod faction designs when they can use weapons of the same type, with the same OP as the ones I selected.
Anything to be done about this? =(
« Last Edit: August 08, 2020, 04:07:40 PM by Lolpingu »

Mondaymonkey

• Admiral
    • View Profile

There are "weapons" section in doctrine screen. You can prioritize weapons there, but not disallow. And that is for all ships in a fleet, no options for separating priorities. But it not always help. Weird magic happen, when game start to outfit your patrols.
I dislike human beings... or I just do not know how to cook them well.

DubTre6

• Commander
  • Tri-Tachyon Agricultural Rep.
    • View Profile

There are "weapons" section in doctrine screen. You can prioritize weapons there, but not disallow. And that is for all ships in a fleet, no options for separating priorities. But it not always help. Weird magic happen, when game start to outfit your patrols.

I'm pretty sure (not 100% though) that once you start prioratizing weapons it won't attach weapons not highlighted. Gonna test this in a bit to make sure
8) why fight the paragon when you can BE the paragon 8)

Megas

• Admiral
    • View Profile

Weapon and fighter priority applies not only to your patrols' ships, but also to your battlestations.

Aereto

• Captain
    • View Profile

Weapon and fighter priority applies not only to your patrols' ships, but also to your battlestations.
As someone who tried a modded run or two, those weapon priorities being reflected to stations can make battles quite interesting, especially picking the more appropriate weapons for fleets and stations alike.

Megas

• Admiral
    • View Profile

I like picking weapons on battlestations.  It is fun watching the high-tech station fire tachyon lances and erase the whole enemy fleet from long-range.

What I do not like is I cannot separate priorities of battlestations and patrols.  Priorities I set always favor the battlestation, because that is the last line of defense that can erase enemy fleets.  Patrols are unlimited and expendable, although I like to set priorities for my fleets for the free loot I get when I see debris from my fallen patrols.  It would be nice if there were separate priority settings for battlestations and fleets.

Mondaymonkey

• Admiral
    • View Profile

It would be nice if there were separate priority settings for battlestations and fleets.

It would be nice to manually refit your stations.
I dislike human beings... or I just do not know how to cook them well.