Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: [0.97a] Another random SWP  (Read 24631 times)

CyberSultanVader

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a] Another random SWP
« Reply #30 on: September 19, 2021, 07:49:14 AM »

Hello any plans on updating the mod with new content? I really like the mod and everything in it so far. Idea: some more medium and small slot guns.

hydremajor

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 22, 2021, 10:24:44 AM »

any plans to make all the vanilla missile launchers behave like the ones in this mod ?
Its litterally what I want out of missile weapons....

lgustavomp

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 07, 2022, 04:42:30 PM »

Hey guys... sorry for the almost a year hiatus. But there it is... Polished almost everything and added a couple or three more. I'm also smuggling my new faction into this, because, although it's in a very WIP state, the mechanics are 99% right, I'll only change names, descriptions and art. And also, it won't be a fully fledged faction and more like Kassadar from tahlan.

any plans to make all the vanilla missile launchers behave like the ones in this mod ?
Its litterally what I want out of missile weapons....

Added an autoloading version of the Atropos, Swarmer and Locust for now.

Longtom needs a massive nerf. It has huge range, decent rof, effective against shields, armour and hull and it has an emp effect. Its also not expensive in terms of OP. It's basically an anti-everything gun. Needs drawbacks.
Reworked as a long mjolner, without any OnHit shenanigans and a expensive OP bill.

Hello any plans on updating the mod with new content? I really like the mod and everything in it so far. Idea: some more medium and small slot guns.
There it is, added some Smalls and Mediums especially to fill some range gaps (mainly 700su on small 900su on meds and 1000su on larges)

Thanks everyone for the patience, and fell free to post or DM me on discord.

DOKER

• Ensign
  • Onslaught goes BRRRRRRR
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 07, 2022, 05:45:40 PM »

OMG this looks bloody AMAZING!!!
Dumplings with sour cream is true food of the gods!

shpooky

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 07, 2022, 06:11:05 PM »

holy crap that's *** amazing. is that the salvage corvette from Homeworld i spy? truly a man of culture if reloadable missiles weren't enough to prove that

lgustavomp

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 07, 2022, 08:51:26 PM »

Thank you.. and absolutely, the faction is very inspired by homeworld. The Carrier/Freighter thingy is loosely inspired by the Hiigaran Crew Transport

Btw, updated the front page with a little bit more info. Especially about the hullmods that I completely forgot to talk about.

Fix a bug related to a Trailer Moments dependency and removed the vanilla hullmods.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2022, 10:23:16 AM by lgustavomp »

Helldiver

• Captain
  • space fruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 08, 2022, 07:30:56 PM »

Grats on the update!
Afflictor bean plushie that glows purple when you squeeze it
30$

WMGreywind

• Lieutenant
  • The circuit is one. And one is the machine.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 08, 2022, 10:25:41 PM »

Thos Lion's Guard ship skins look super nice. I like it!

Vensalir

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 09, 2022, 09:10:55 AM »

Amazing stuff, can't wait to try out those new super sleek ships.

CyberSultanVader

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 15, 2022, 07:45:41 AM »

Hello friend, I would like to say that I really like the new update. I have been playing the mod since it first came out and really like the direction it has taken. I am a big fan of the new content and the guns, missiles and ships are really on point both in functionality and in the looks, great job! It seems like just the right balance and doesnt really overlap with any other mod content which is fantastic. The best part is there is something in the mod for any kind of fleet build or playthrough and when I cant find better guns I always like creating my builds around your general purpose missiles and guns or ships (did I mention they look absolutely great?). I am having a lot of fun exploring the new content and love the descriptions that you have writtien too, hope to see more!

exelsiar

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 21, 2022, 03:15:55 AM »

Hi, would it be possible to either split the Baryonic Dynamics faction and it's ships and weapons off into it's own mod, or add a setting to disable that side of the mod? I ask because I love the new ships and weapons that fit the vanilla style, but the Baryonic Dynamics, while looking nice, doesn't fit imo.

BreenBB

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 22, 2022, 01:06:46 PM »

Really cool SWP, interesting how its goes?

I played with it, pretty cool ships and weapons, I like them, except Long Tom definitely needs some sort of buff, its looks really cool, by stats as I recall its basically Mjolnir with same damage and extra 300 range (900-1100), at the cost of lack of Mjolnir EMP, firerate and high OP cost (24 vs 30), so for me its not attractive much, especially OP seems too much, vanilla have weapons with bigger range which cost 25 OP (Gauss Cannon), as ideas, I might suggest buff its damage, from 400 to 500-600 and add EMP damage same as Mjolnir, and reduce OP count a little.

And of course another suggestion, is to split Baryonic Dynamics ships into another mod, they looks cool, but they have completely different aesthetic.

lgustavomp

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 05, 2022, 10:28:49 PM »

Thanks guys.

I made some changes, according to your requests:

12/06/2022

TLDR, removed the faction and a bunch of weapons, refined some sprites and sound effects. Added a couple of stuff.

- Removed the faction stuff, it'll be a future standalone mod.
- frank: OPs 13 -> 12, Mortar DMG 120 -> 160, minor sprite change and new SFX
- Mallet torp: dmg 2000 -> 3000, new projectile sprite and trail.
- Demo Hammer: dmg 900 -> 1000, flux/shot 300 > 500
- Scorpion Artilery: dmg/shot 300 -> 400, reload 3 -> 4, new SFX
- Leveler and Big Bertha: minor sprite change and new SFX
- Squall medium and small, rare swarmer, rare locust, rare mining laser, rare flak: gone
- rare light mortar: same stats but new name and sprite.
- Pilum Rockets: reverted to a Squall like behavior, the AI can now use it as a dollar store harpoon.
- Added a large reloadable Atropos.
- Added Tirpitz XIV
- Eagle XIV: hidden mount -> hardpoint with decor.
- Tirpitz (LC) built in hammer: range 1200 > 1600, ammo 8 -> 12
- Talisman Wing:Shield arc: 90 -> 270°, added a small salamander.
- Ascalon: Cheaper to mount, I forgot the numbers.
- Gunther: tweaked HP/Flux/Dissipation a bit, sort of a buff.
- Gunther (LG): built-in hullmod now reduces the OP cost of all large weapons by 8 (previously only ballistics).
- Gunther (LP): added a built-in hammer torp.
- Added mining data to nexerelin
- Added descriptions to a bunch of stuff.

BreenBB

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 05, 2022, 11:11:46 PM »

Looks really great! I like XIV variant of Tirpitz (XIV Grafspee is also good idea). Only my suggestion about Long Tom remains, the problems with it I wrote in my previous post, but the rest of weapons especially Big Bertha and Leveler are really good (Also I suppose these names is homage for Total Annihilation game)

Prolbo

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 06, 2022, 12:12:53 AM »

There is always not enough Eagle reskins.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4