Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: [0.97a] Another random SWP  (Read 24663 times)

lgustavomp

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a] Another random SWP
« Reply #15 on: April 05, 2021, 07:25:36 PM »

Thanks for the nice words Szasz and Chairman.

I started this mod with a dream of making boats in space, but yeah, you're right, they look boring. I'll address this issue as soon as I get some free time and creativity influx. But anyway, here we go guys, updated to the new patch and also made a long needed clean up on the mod files. There's also a papa spee that I'm still trying to make it fun and relevant in comparison with other BBs.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2021, 07:44:17 PM by lgustavomp »

Flunky

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 05, 2021, 11:28:05 PM »

Getting a crash on game load / new game with this mod: "Fatal: Weapon spec [singlnir] not found!"

But... only when a bunch of other mods are loaded as well, not when only using this mod on its own. Currently running a few dozen, and from a bit of testing couldn't find an obvious one thus far it doesn't play well with.

lgustavomp

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 06, 2021, 02:37:52 AM »

Sorry. It is fixed now

Flunky

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 06, 2021, 07:10:19 AM »

No worries, and thanks for the quick fix.

Zoro89

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 06, 2021, 09:26:03 AM »

Very cool mod. I love the design. Especially of the long tom kinetic driver! :)

Flunky

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 08, 2021, 08:35:54 AM »

After a bit of playing with the large weapons, feel I need to ask: are they intended to have a much better turn rate than similar large weapons? E.g. most of the Long Tom's competitors are far more sluggish on the turn, which gives the Long Tom a bit of an edge on top of its other characteristics like accuracy.

Zoro89

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 08, 2021, 09:55:03 AM »

After a bit of playing with the large weapons, feel I need to ask: are they intended to have a much better turn rate than similar large weapons?

Yes I thought it was a bug when I watch the combat. The Long Tom Kinetic Driver has a better turn rate (Very fast) than some of my PD weapons.

lgustavomp

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 08, 2021, 06:50:56 PM »

I really forgot to slow down that turn rate. Will fix that in the next patch. But they're meant to be fast (like hephaestus) anyway, because I want them to be effective on broadsiders. As you know, the AI tends to dance too much to mitigate hull damage.

captinjoehenry

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 11, 2021, 10:05:39 PM »

Oh man I'm really enjoying this mod a ton!  The big guns are fantastic and so are the smaller squalls!  I will admit though I ended up adjusting the Tirpitz a fair bit.  It's an awesome ship with a great turret layout.  But as it is normally I just couldn't get it to really work.  The minestrike does seem rather out of place from playing with it some.

I ended up boosting the speed, armor and shield efficiency a bit.  Just up to 1.2 to make it on the low end of low tech shields.  Instead of the extremely horrid 1.6 that it has right now.  And I ended up swapping the mine strike for a mobility ability which felt much more appropriate for the style of ship.

But man!  This is my new favorite mod!  The big guns are awesome and the hull for the Tirpitz is great :D  Just felt I had to adjust it some to make it a bit more fun in my view :P

lgustavomp

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 12, 2021, 03:31:12 AM »

...I ended up boosting the speed, armor and shield efficiency a bit.  Just up to 1.2 to make it on the low end of low tech shields.  Instead of the extremely horrid 1.6 that it has right now.  And I ended up swapping the mine strike for a mobility ability which felt much more appropriate for the style of ship....

I gave her that terrible shield eff because she used to have ammo feeder. But as the spee already has the same system, I tried something different and still "fun" to play with. You're not the only one unhappy with the mines, I'll iterate more on her system.
btw: her shield is garbage, but the flux stats are pretty insane overall, it's almost paragon level. My idea was not to make another tank (there's a onslaught already to fill that hole) but a sort of long range harasser, that would use her massive offence as defense. It still subjected to change thou, depending on the community response.

Thanks for the feedback and I'm glad you're liking it.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2021, 03:34:02 AM by lgustavomp »

captinjoehenry

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 12, 2021, 12:21:29 PM »

Yeah I really enjoy that!  Totally love the idea :D  It's exactly how I've been playing it.  Even with all the perks and everything the 1.2 shield still is only really a temporary thing.  It dies really fast to kinetics and sustained pressure. 

So I adjusted it to be decently fast and maneuverable so it's thing is keeping the enemy at range and peppering them long range fire.  And frankly it's a ton of fun :D  It just needed a little more base speed and a mobility ability and it works out great and a ton of fun :D  And even with the buff to it's armor I gave it if you mess up and let enemies get on top of you you die really really fast.

Admittedly I've probably made it's mobility a bit too op but it's so much fun XD  And I mean I do like op stuff for my own use :P  But frankly having the opness be mobility and kiting is FAR FAR more interesting and fun compared to my usual flavor of just face tank everyone and kill them with ease.

phonon5891

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 27, 2021, 01:26:12 PM »

Hello, my game crashed while using this mod, and the log seems to point to a problem with an ARSWP script:
Code
ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.AbstractMethodError: data.scripts.weapons.ARSWP_MalletEffect.onHit(Lcom/fs/starfarer/api/combat/DamagingProjectileAPI;Lcom/fs/starfarer/api/combat/CombatEntityAPI;Lorg/lwjgl/util/vector/Vector2f;ZLcom/fs/starfarer/api/combat/CombatEngineAPI;)V
java.lang.AbstractMethodError: data.scripts.weapons.ARSWP_MalletEffect.onHit(Lcom/fs/starfarer/api/combat/DamagingProjectileAPI;Lcom/fs/starfarer/api/combat/CombatEntityAPI;Lorg/lwjgl/util/vector/Vector2f;ZLcom/fs/starfarer/api/combat/CombatEngineAPI;)V

I'm still on 0.91, and tried out this mod because I was under the impression that it'd work on 0.91 as well ("If you're still using 0.91, this patch will break your save"). Is this not the case?

Value86

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 03, 2021, 06:37:00 AM »

Great mod so far!

BigBeans

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 18, 2021, 06:18:57 PM »

Longtom needs a massive nerf. It has huge range, decent rof, effective against shields, armour and hull and it has an emp effect. Its also not expensive in terms of OP. It's basically an anti-everything gun. Needs drawbacks.

Bub

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 24, 2021, 09:27:14 AM »

Longtom needs a massive nerf. It has huge range, decent rof, effective against shields, armour and hull and it has an emp effect. Its also not expensive in terms of OP. It's basically an anti-everything gun. Needs drawbacks.

Huh is it really that strong? I've been using 4 of the HEs on the tirpitz, gonna swap them out for the long toms and see how they work out
Send an AI inspection again hegies, and I swear to ludd I will make the 2nd AI war look like a slapfight
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4