Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Dear modders, re: faction specific hullmods  (Read 485 times)

Troika

• Commander
    • View Profile
Dear modders, re: faction specific hullmods
« on: March 18, 2024, 08:37:18 PM »

These things clog up the hullmod menu something fierce. If you aren't going to let people use them (or only make them useful on your OC don't steal faction), either let us use them, or hide them unless the player actually owns a relevant ship.

Dazs

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Dear modders, re: faction specific hullmods
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2024, 08:52:08 PM »

These things clog up the hullmod menu something fierce. If you aren't going to let people use them (or only make them useful on your OC don't steal faction), either let us use them, or hide them unless the player actually owns a relevant ship.
Hello there, I agree to an extent which is why I tore out all the hull mods from JYD and CFT into their own mod. They way I handle it is that I just turn off all the tabs at the bottom of the refit screen and only enable the ones from factions I want to see hull mods from.

bananana

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2024, 09:49:49 PM »

simple laziness
it is neither hard nor time consuming to make the hullmod just not appear in the list at all if it is not compatible with a specific ship
3 lines of code, at worst
Any and ALL sprites i ever posted on this forum are FREE to use. even if i'm using them myself. Don't ever, EVER ask for permission, or i will come to your home and EAT YOUR DOG!!!
i do NOT want to see my name appear in the credits section of any published mod and will consider it a personal insult.

Princess_of_Evil

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2024, 12:00:46 AM »

Even vanilla hullmod list is nearly unusable if you don't filter?
Proof that you don't need to know any languages to translate, you just need to care.

prav

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2024, 03:51:32 AM »

The base game does not hide unapplicable hullmods, it just blocks them and marks them red, cf phase mods on non-phase ships, converted fighter bay on ships without BI fighters, assault package on combat ships, etc. Following the vanilla style is not wrong.

Even vanilla hullmod list is nearly unusable if you don't filter?

Yeah this is more of what I like to think of as an Alex-level problem.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2024, 02:26:58 PM by prav »

ctuncks

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2024, 06:19:02 AM »

Is using Manufacturer and Custom tabs enough? Even though my hullmods are all faction neutral I'm still concerned about clutter even after utilising multi part modules. I have toyed with the idea of hiding unapplicable hullmods, but have concerns that people might just think it's bugged after the learn them and don't see them there.