Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Very specific question about "Ship and Weapon Pack"  (Read 941 times)

JohnVicres

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Very specific question about "Ship and Weapon Pack"
« on: July 25, 2020, 12:30:20 PM »

Hey there, fellow humans
I am in the process of creating a mark.II version of the Excelsior for my not-as-good-as-HELMUT's skills. That not being the point, I created a variant of the swp_arcade_empbomb to install in my unholy creation, and whereby using the same (SWP_EMPBomb.java) script for the weapon, I noticed a weird visual artifact on top of the weapon sprite, whenever I have it selected and have loaded ammunition.
Basically wtf is the weird artifact-hole you get when equipping a weapon that uses the emp bomb script? It's weird and annoying, but I have no faint idea of what coding is besides retro-engineering other people's work, so I have no idea what makes it happen... Or, well, how anything happens in the script.

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
Re: Very specific question about "Ship and Weapon Pack"
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2020, 03:05:18 AM »

The tiny black spot? (a few pixels) It seems to appear even on the original EMP bomb on the Helios, but only when the weapon is selected.
Not sure it has a fix.

JohnVicres

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: Very specific question about "Ship and Weapon Pack"
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2020, 09:17:48 AM »

precisely that black spot. Oh well, if it ain't just me seeing it, then I guess that's alright