Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7

Author Topic: [0.95a] Capture Officers and Crew  (Read 144902 times)

Dragoth

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a] Capture Officers and Crew
« Reply #75 on: June 14, 2021, 09:53:28 AM »

Just like in rimworld... War crimes are fun!

Nicegye00

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: July 01, 2021, 06:00:36 PM »

I think I should put this down as it was stated very early on and also is somewhat noticeable.

This mod is really fun to play around with and use as I like the idea that with each human battle I fight I can take on the captive crew in a fight and then convert or slaughter them for reasons, but the actual implication of officers has, with 0.95a, been unbalanced like mad. Most AI that spawn in fleets now usual can carry a fair number of max level officers around with more respectable factions having them with steady and cautious leaving the need to hire officers and leveling them up entirely unnecessary as I can grab a level 5 officer and the chance they break right to start is 80%. Ok so maybe I can forgive that, because then of course said officers seem to be a common thing right? maybe I don't want to leave it to a 1 in 5 chance they resist? Well the cost of hiring the person on is also extremely dumbed down too as the leveling system doesn't account for level 5 being the max level. Now again, forgivable.

Small thing I noticed is that officers from mods that seem to clearly use AI that aren't normal for instance still is a problem. I'm not saying that they're broken or overpowered mind that, but I think it's a bit strange the nanite mass of strange pixel's (Hazard Mining)can be brought on as well, and now for really cheap.

The next unbalance is in the form of higher level officers. Sometimes certain fleet's might contain an above level cap officer in their ranks and of course any officer above level cap is rather good to have. With how the present system is though, I capture a level 7 or 8 officer? Super cheap still and now I have an anointed god of tactical prowess flying in my fleet.

Perhaps updating this to be a bit more balanced and compatible with other mods maybe? Considering the later has already been brought up, I'd have thought it would have been looked at before.

Darktrooper119

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: August 22, 2021, 01:10:14 AM »

My only hope for this mod, is that there will somehow be a way to put a more streamlined UI to it
cause if you forget to filter your officers for a while.....
100+officers is pain to filter XD

AustinK

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: October 08, 2021, 01:13:22 PM »

Just a note, but it seems that always recover script from SWP and Vayra's Sector prevents capturing officers in unique ships.(IBB or HVB) So if you want that specific officers, you can workaround by disabling that scripts. SWP's script can be disabled by editing SWP_OPTIONS file in the main SWP mod folder, and VS' script can be disabled by editing each HVB files located in (mod folder)/config/vayraBounties/unique_bounty_data and change chanceToAutoRecover to 0. But since capturing them are not guaranteed, you might have to try several times to get them.

If you also want the ships, you might have to get it by other means.(like Prism market in Nex)

And I don't know if author's active anymore, but it would be nice if there's setting for crew capture amount or officer capture chance.

SpaceDrake

• Captain
  • Piloting space mecha for fun and profit(?)
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: October 08, 2021, 02:05:46 PM »

Kentington has kind of vanished, so yeah, chances for an update feel slim.

ShiroNeko

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: November 01, 2021, 02:04:21 PM »

What about adding slaves or captives as loot when raiding planets?
Or like for nexerelin's (now more complex) invasion mechanics?like getting actual captives and prisoners after taking over the planet?
I think it would be hard to tie it to actual numbers of enemy militia units eliminated in battle,but still a suggestion i suppose

VerruxLunox

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: November 12, 2021, 11:49:40 AM »

Can you add non Google Drive mirrors for this mod, please?
Edit: for ALL of your mods. They're so shiny, so close and yet so distant from my grasp. You're my only hope, Obi-Wan!
« Last Edit: November 12, 2021, 11:55:05 AM by VerruxLunox »

JUDGE! slowpersun

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: November 12, 2021, 11:57:57 AM »

Can you add non Google Drive mirrors for this mod, please?

A gitHub or Gitgud link would be nice, but quite frankly not that big of a deal (full disclosure, I will prolly fork this mod at some point, so I'm kinda biased regarding the outcome; I have an idea for trying to combining this mod with the ore refinery mod's resource conversion code so that the conversion process takes time, and maybe add some code relating to the heat level at the next port a player visits after conversion).  Also would be nice if mod author drops off the grid again.

However, people sometimes freak out on this forum when mods are posted on Google Drive, since they don't know exactly what code is in the mod, and someone borrowing your code from Github/Gitgud without acknowledgement only barely rises to any level of IP theft (more *** move than legally actionable...).  But since most of the mods posted here are pretty lightweight, unlikely to include some coin generation code...
I wasn't always a Judge...

Nox

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: January 03, 2022, 11:16:41 AM »

ugh there's some QOL stuff that needs doing here. 

the captured officers need announced when captured
captured officer menu needs cleaned up and needs to present [personality], {skill list}

fork it!  don't make me do that.  if I start modding I'll stop playing and I am enjoying playing.
--
No good deed goes unpunished.

Argonautis

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: February 05, 2022, 12:22:26 AM »

Can you add a "repatriate all officers" button as well?

Justinkid

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: March 24, 2022, 06:06:39 PM »

Is there any way you can add to the config a way for me to adjust the chance of capturing both crew and officers?

I love the idea of the mod but I've found that I recover wayyyyyy too many officers and overtime it actually becomes a chore to deal with. I'd like the option to make it to where recovering an officer is a very rare and exciting occurrence, rather than a routine one. 

MapleDaddy__ TTV

• Ensign
  • Twitch.tv/MapleDaddy__ I stream often
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: April 29, 2022, 09:12:09 AM »

Because there isn't anything stated here, I'll do so for the good of anyone coming to download this mod in the future, from what a few have pointed out, the Author is MIA and it likely won't be fixed (If it is fixed down the line I'll delete this, maybe.) But currently, Capture crew has a memory leak bug where EVERY officer gets loaded into memory. That doesn't sound too bad on the outset until you realize most fleets have about 6 or so officers, sometimes more, which will add up fast. I'd seen a post a while ago, think it was on the discord, where someone posted a crashlog and it was capture crew eventually just killing their save. If you download this mod, you're loading a ticking time bomb into your mods, there's no telling when it'll go off, much like Beyond the Sector, which, unsurprisingly is also made by the same author.

bigwheel

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: June 17, 2022, 11:43:20 AM »

Thanks for the heads up. A bit harsh... but point taken :P

NuclearStudent

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: July 15, 2022, 11:41:47 AM »

Working on my own reimplementation of the officer capture mechanic - would like to credit Kensington for doing it first. Best wishes on his future work.

edit: too slow on my part, Matt Damon beat me to it with a better implementation
« Last Edit: November 21, 2022, 09:15:08 AM by NuclearStudent »

SurplusDOS

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: July 16, 2022, 08:41:36 AM »

Working on my own reimplementation of the officer capture mechanic - would like to credit Kensington for doing it first. Best wishes on his future work.
Looking forward to it!
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7