Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7

Author Topic: [0.95a] Capture Officers and Crew  (Read 144922 times)

ZeCaptain

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Capture Officers and Crew
« Reply #30 on: August 08, 2020, 02:18:53 AM »

There is another problem. If you are commissioned and you repreate the officer, your faction gets the rep bonus, but not your commission, which means when the relations re-sync you don't get the rep bonus.

Iris Vin

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 08, 2020, 06:58:49 AM »

I raised the max  officer level to 29 since ai also gets it so increases the challenge but I notice I have not gotten any captured officers for a while.

It's 5% at level 20, and that's fairly rare already. If difficulty to break goes up ad infinitum, level 29 is going to be even rarer.

majorfreak

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 08, 2020, 08:52:59 PM »

awesome. i'm usually at wits end trying to score more 'timid' officers for my "saturated ordnance" technique. i hate using the console so this is a very welcome addition.

majorfreak

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 09, 2020, 01:13:12 PM »

oh crap. i can't see the icon to manage this ingame...do i need to start a new game? i get the captives but i can't find the button anywhere. am i blind?

NephilimNexus

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 09, 2020, 08:38:37 PM »

oh crap. i can't see the icon to manage this ingame

Manually add it to your hotbar.

majorfreak

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 09, 2020, 08:43:19 PM »

oh crap. i can't see the icon to manage this ingame

Manually add it to your hotbar.
suhweet! cheers. i feel like such a n00b. lol.

majorfreak

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 10, 2020, 05:32:22 AM »

uhm...i'm getting ALOT of 'reckless' officers. can we get an option to bias the RNG towards 'timid' please, in the config file? thx. it's [redacted] to think the pirates aren't cowards. Not alot of folk believe all pirates absolutely have to be Captain Jack Sparrow
« Last Edit: August 10, 2020, 05:34:09 AM by majorfreak »

Aldazar

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 13, 2020, 07:37:52 PM »

I'd prefer if we can get repatriate all at a reduced gain.

majorfreak

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 16, 2020, 11:11:49 AM »

i'm definitely getting a bias for reckless officers. i'm assuming this is something the mod author coded deliberately, not something hardcoded. i was hoping to use this mod as a way to introduce more options to add officers without resorting to using the console to add personality specific officers.

mora

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 16, 2020, 02:19:23 PM »

The personalities of officers depends on what faction you fight. The pirates and luddic path that you will most likely be destroying alot has their officer aggression set to 4 and 5 respectively.
So if you want steady or something else, its time to turn off your transponder and go ambush some other faction.

majorfreak

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 16, 2020, 04:31:58 PM »

The personalities of officers depends on what faction you fight.
huh. intriguing. so it is hardcoded. cheers.
is there a faction that spawns timid officers?

If there is i can hopefully get commissioned by their enemies, eh? *taps forehead*

Kakroom

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 16, 2020, 05:21:47 PM »

So far, the mod implement new item called "slave". It has quite good value, however, the economy system doesn't know what to do with it, so they keep stacking and lower it's value down.
Because no industry use slave, so there is no slave demand.
There should be a way a slave can be used, as i can think of, there are two methods

1: create an industry called "labor camp" that use slaves as  demand and produce universal items.

2: let the player directly harvest organs from slaves for profit.

Any of these options should help

As an alternative to this, you could simply make industrial buildings in slaveowing factions produce demand for slaves.

If that warrants 'simply.' Actually it might not.

As a means of making slave demand more prominent, there are several factions with the game whose distaste for slavelabor seems oddly placed. Specifically the Diktat and to a lesser extent the Luddic Path, who I can headcanon as playing fairly loose with the human rights of profligates.

« Last Edit: August 16, 2020, 05:25:46 PM by Kakroom »

mora

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 16, 2020, 07:01:31 PM »

huh. intriguing. so it is hardcoded. cheers.
is there a faction that spawns timid officers?

If there is i can hopefully get commissioned by their enemies, eh? *taps forehead*
Sadly, the limit on how cautious officers can get in faction doctorine is Cautious. The game states that Timid officers are only available from hire on the Doctrine intel tab.
You can just install Automatic orders mod and enable personality overrides for a better QOL.

mora

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 17, 2020, 05:47:28 PM »

So I found having alot of mods which we probably all have, installing this mod will allow the player to be friendly with many of the meant-to-be-hostile factions(blade breakers, all the new HMI factions, etc) which I found problematic. Decompiling the code revealed that adding factions aren't as easy so I added functions so that faction data will be read from a CSV file, with some other minor stuff.(and fixed AI cores from stations being captured)
Any chance you will review the code and make this official? And sorry in advance if you felt uncomfortable with someone decompiling your code.

Caymon Joestar

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 18, 2020, 07:38:47 PM »

Installing this mod will allow the player to be friendly with many of the meant-to-be-hostile factions

I see nothing wrong with this. Would finally allow me to befriend Blade breakers.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7