Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7

Author Topic: [0.95a] Capture Officers and Crew  (Read 144906 times)

cjuicy

• Captain
  • Figuring out how the hell to wear heels (She/it)
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Capture Officers and Crew
« Reply #15 on: July 29, 2020, 12:33:48 PM »

While its nice to see a new source for sourcing skilled officers, I would figure that bribery should be an option for most situations. You can already bribe an entire expedition or AI inspection in vanilla, so why not a random pirate you scooped up from the stellar drink? Perhaps base the bribery cost off of the faction and the skill level, which would make pirates/indies easy to pick up but Sindrian officers far more stubborn?
It's been a long time, but I still love ya!

- Pfp done by Sleepyfish!

shoi

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 29, 2020, 01:23:16 PM »

I like this mod, especially with nex. I don't run capital heavy fleets, so my officers frequently die..and I can actually recruit HVB officers!

However, I think the "break officer" could be split into two different approaches, mainly because it doesn't make sense in some context

1. Aggressive - broad category of methods like intimidation, brainwash, torture, etc. Same behavior as now. Instant conversion if succesful, High risk/reward
2. Friendly -  Lower risk, but takes longer. Attempt to persuade the officer to join you. Only can be done once per month(?) After IDK, like 5 nonconsecutive succesful persuasion attempts, they join.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2020, 01:24:51 PM by shoi »

Transuni

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 29, 2020, 07:18:00 PM »

ai can use it?

yourleader

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 29, 2020, 09:10:55 PM »

That's quite alot of demand for a smol mod.

So far to complete the first milestone is to make use of slaves.

- Slave can be sold to the black market, but the market have no use of them, so they just keep slaves there and devalue anytime you sell more of them.

# we should be able to have labor camp that market can make use of, which increase income in exchange for whatever.
(Nice hint of interaction: kingdom of terra use slaves for a planet called "big stink", and some vanilla faction: Sindrian Diktat, use labor as war workforce, luddic path, use slaves as "redemption method", pirate of course, for drug and organ production)

- Slave are people, you should be able to harvest organs from them.

#Well of course, we should be able to butcher them.

After the slave system is done. We can wish for whatever next.

Ah by the way, remnant officer STILL can be captured from faction fight with defense station that have AI core. That should be patched.

As always, very nice mod

« Last Edit: July 29, 2020, 11:20:01 PM by yourleader »

Chikanuk

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 30, 2020, 01:58:00 AM »

I think what indeed, this mod need some ways for markets to utilise slaves. And option to disable officer part, so if player want, he can avoid this whole "I break AI core to serve me" situation.
In general - pretty interesting mod, good job.

Mondaymonkey

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 03, 2020, 01:15:46 AM »

Suggestion:

Different player skills affect amount of prisoners captured, resource gained from butchering, officer brake probability etc.
I dislike human beings... or I just do not know how to cook them well.

Kentington

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 04, 2020, 08:40:12 AM »

Just updated! You can now repatriate officers for a slight boost in faction relations, or bribe them to join your fleet. The bribe amount depends on their original faction - a Luddic Path fanatic will require much more incentive than a pirate. Slaves also now count as an economic commodity.

mora

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 04, 2020, 11:15:43 AM »

This mod currently crashes the game with a NullPointerEx when Nexerelin is enabled. Apparently it crashes when a commodity is picked for a procurement mission. Any idea what is causing this?

Aldazar

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 04, 2020, 12:15:28 PM »

So it's not me then. I have the old version of the mod and it works fine but this updated one crashes my game on generation. I spent the last hour narrowing it down with the 6 mods I downloaded and after resorting to my yesterday daily bbakckup folder I found it that the recent update today is doing it.

Kentington

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 04, 2020, 01:44:56 PM »

Well, crap. Can one of you please post your starsector.log? It's almost certainly related to changes in how slaves are handled, but I need to see precisely where the glitch is occurring.

Aldazar

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 04, 2020, 02:06:05 PM »

https://www.mediafire.com/file/9rnqpff29iflg9h/starsector.log/file might be a bit large with the mods but I've been playing none stop the past few days and no crashes except this mod if I try to create a new game.

RoquetheRogue

• Commander
  • personal text.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 04, 2020, 02:32:45 PM »

Will it cause relations to drop if you butcher someone while in dark mode? I rather it didn't that way!
A mind that opens itself to a new idea never returns to it's original size.

Kentington

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 04, 2020, 02:35:02 PM »

Nexerelin bug should be fixed now - can you guys check to see if your games are working?

Aldazar

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 04, 2020, 02:47:56 PM »

Yep that works and I can now generate a new game.

Aldazar

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 06, 2020, 06:07:19 PM »

I raised the max  officer level to 29 since ai also gets it so increases the challenge but I notice I have not gotten any captured officers for a while.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7