Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7

Author Topic: [0.95a] Capture Officers and Crew  (Read 144909 times)

Kentington

• Ensign
    • View Profile
[0.95a] Capture Officers and Crew
« on: July 19, 2020, 10:50:15 AM »

Capture Officers and Crew is a lightweight mod which allows the player to rescue a small number of enemy crew and officers from disabled vessels, then decide their fate. Captives are treated as cargo until they are either ransomed, broken, or butchered.

Simply use this ability icon () to access the captives menu.

Crew

Crew can be either ransomed (sold at port) for a small sum, broken (which will convert some percentage of them into crew, and the rest into valuable slaves which can be sold on the black market), or - for the RimWorld players out there - butchered for their organs and meat. Every 15 captives produce one unit of organs and two of food.

Officers

Officers can be either ransomed for 100*level^2 credits or broken to convert them to your fleet. Higher-level officers are more difficult to break, and if the process fails, they will be left as a slave. If you'd like to intentionally provoke hostilities with a faction, you can also butcher an officer for one unit of organs and an instant drop to Hostile reputation with that officer's faction.

Download (0.95a)
Download (0.9.1a)

Changelog

Spoiler
  • 1.0.4: Now compatible with 0.95a-RC11.
  • 1.0.3: Fixed an incompatibility with Nexerelin.
  • 1.0.2: Added options to bribe or repatriate officers. Made slaves an economic commodity.
  • 1.0.1: Added config file and option to ransom all captive officers at once. Also prevented [REDACTED] officers from being captured.
  • 1.0.0: Initial release
[close]

In the unlikely event that Alex & crew want to implement any aspect of this mod into vanilla Starsector, they are free to do so.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2021, 06:05:22 AM by Kentington »

Hiroyan495

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Capture Officers and Crew
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2020, 03:05:01 PM »

That is what I was waiting for. The third option.

Caymon Joestar

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2020, 09:03:36 PM »

Im liking the mod but i do have a couple of questions

1. What is the persuasion rate for Officers? It seems very low
2. How does one actually change the rate? I dont see like a setting/config for it in the mod files.

Kentington

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2020, 08:24:34 PM »

2. How does one actually change the rate? I dont see like a setting/config for it in the mod files.

The persuasion rate changes based on level. A level one novice is almost certain to be successfully broken, while you have around a 5% chance to break a level 20 veteran. There's currently no config setting to change this but I can add one if there's sufficient interest.

Mondaymonkey

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2020, 09:12:33 PM »

Can it capture [REDACTED] AI officers?
I dislike human beings... or I just do not know how to cook them well.

Mayu

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2020, 09:16:54 PM »

The persuasion rate changes based on level. A level one novice is almost certain to be successfully broken, while you have around a 5% chance to break a level 20 veteran. There's currently no config setting to change this but I can add one if there's sufficient interest.

I am using your mod and I enjoy it! I am also interested on increasing the chances of breaking an officer since I want to recruit those unique officers from IBB.  8)

Caymon Joestar

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2020, 11:35:15 PM »

Adding one would be welcomed. 5% seems very low when the max is 29

Rohzdear

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2020, 12:11:38 AM »

This mod looks like a great concept; why isn't it on the Mod Index?

A config file to edit breaking chance, reputation loss, and the number of Organs and Food obtained from Butchering (would prefer it if more organs and no food was obtained from butchering) would be greatly appreciated. Version Checker compatibility would also be great.

yourleader

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2020, 02:30:34 AM »

The mod works great! However, there are some... weird events...

- This mod forbid you from capturing [Redacted] Officer, however, doesn't exclude the one from Battle Station where factions put AI core in. This resulting you having a very cool Officer that you shouldn't have. it's not supposed to happen, but i love it! (Welcome to the team, "Alpha Core C3")

- Consequently this mod "let" you capture Officers from mods (which you shouldn't have) too, so somehow, we have "Immortal Light Core X14" (From Approlight) and "Blade Breaker Core B7" (From Dassault-Mikoyan Engineering). So say hello to my "little" friends, human pilot!

-One downside from this mod is that you have to manually check each officers you have. This become a problem when you do "deluxe bombing" all around the sector and forget about those you captured, resulting 78 officers you have to manually click to choose their fate. The should be an option so we can "ransom all", "break all" or "butcher all", that would be cool.

« Last Edit: July 24, 2020, 02:44:26 AM by yourleader »

Kentington

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2020, 04:48:51 PM »

The people have spoken! I've added a config file and the ability to ransom all captive officers at once.

For the moment, [REDACTED] officers (even those added by other mods) can no longer be captured, but I have a few ideas regarding salvaging "rogue AI cores" and methods of... erm... persuading them.

yourleader

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 25, 2020, 01:01:07 AM »

Oh no... my AI pilots... my superior AI pilots! nooooo!
but hey, isn't this the right moment to use unused "necro core" from star sector? noice!

BTW, after i deluxe bombing Hegemony, i realized... all administators from the planet die with them...

maybe... just maybe... we can capture them and break them for good use? so instead of dying by fuel like the rest, they can live up and do something useful> >:]

And... from unquestionable methods, maybe... we can break their personality, to turn a timid girl into a reckless woman? >:]

But first, let's mass genocide and harvest organs from all officers right here lol

yourleader

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 27, 2020, 01:07:19 AM »

So far, the mod implement new item called "slave". It has quite good value, however, the economy system doesn't know what to do with it, so they keep stacking and lower it's value down.
Because no industry use slave, so there is no slave demand.
There should be a way a slave can be used, as i can think of, there are two methods

1: create an industry called "labor camp" that use slaves as  demand and produce universal items.

2: let the player directly harvest organs from slaves for profit.

Any of these options should help

Jaghaimo

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 29, 2020, 03:47:19 AM »

Fantastic little mod. With all those ideas coming in this mod may not stay small for long  ;D

Here're few more:
  • Repatriate officer - forsake credits for reputation improvement
  • Brainwash officer - alternative to breaking, risk lowering level if unsuccessful (and minor rep hit), can repeat till level 1
  • Option to disable Slaves (at which point failed break should "kill" the officer, and majorly lower relationship (not as much as butcher))
  • Version checker support

Doing anything to a prisoner should lower relations (as you're breaking Geneva convention) depending on severity. Break and brainwash are a form of torture after all.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2020, 03:49:00 AM by Jaghaimo »

Caymon Joestar

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 29, 2020, 12:05:58 PM »

Fantastic little mod. With all those ideas coming in this mod may not stay small for long  ;D

Here're few more:
  • Repatriate officer - forsake credits for reputation improvement
  • Brainwash officer - alternative to breaking, risk lowering level if unsuccessful (and minor rep hit), can repeat till level 1
  • Option to disable Slaves (at which point failed break should "kill" the officer, and majorly lower relationship (not as much as butcher))
  • Version checker support

Doing anything to a prisoner should lower relations (as you're breaking Geneva convention) depending on severity. Break and brainwash are a form of torture after all.

eh for that last point, if they do that, they should do add an non-torture method of persuasion that wont lower rep and maybe involves money or an "favor".
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7