Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 26

Author Topic: [0.96a] ScalarTech Solutions 0.9.1  (Read 425021 times)

JohnDoe

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a] ScalarTech Solutions 0.7 - Ready for the future
« Reply #150 on: April 25, 2021, 05:38:27 PM »

Well deserved buffs. My Filaments were getting destroyed by end game threats because they couldn't win the flux wars against other capitals of similar cost.

Sir_Meower

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: April 28, 2021, 06:05:46 AM »

Oh thank you so much for those changes! I'm going to download the latest version of the mod and start going ham!

Stalkar

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: May 06, 2021, 05:06:39 PM »

Like the design
But theres is the faction supposed to have only one star system?run in a problem where i either cannot find the ship i want or weapons are just not there
« Last Edit: February 25, 2024, 10:15:42 AM by Stalkar »

Excel.exe

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: May 07, 2021, 03:17:26 AM »

Easily my favourite faction mod, and goddamn the music for them though, i literally sat a station listening to the music while outfitting my ships and realised a whole hour had passed, where is it from?

Nia Tahl

• Admiral
  • AI in disguise
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: May 07, 2021, 06:13:30 PM »

Easily my favourite faction mod, and goddamn the music for them though, i literally sat a station listening to the music while outfitting my ships and realised a whole hour had passed, where is it from?

The faction music was made by MesoTronik. He certainly did a great job with it.

First things first,i love the designs and the ship overall concept,thumbs up for making them
But theres one thing that was constasntly bothering me,the faction is supposed to have only one star system or i am just unlucky?
when i start with their faction and move to buying bigger ships(verge+) i constantly run in a problem where i either cannot find the ship i want for hours(when i clearly remember seeing it there an hour ago),or just unable to fully equip them with faction weapons bcs....weapons are just not there(and i feel really bad for slapping other weapons instead),which is reaaaaly sad,any chances that will be tweaked for them to have at least a little cluster of 2-3 stars nearby?or like a military base in that area?getting their equipment is just painfull even if you already have max standing and full access to things
this becomes even more sad when they have a bad start and their economy drops,getting gown took me quite a while when they where raided by pirats and other factions bcs RNG

ehhh...i miss ships like gown....big ships with big guns go brrrr

and if it comes to suggestions....hm....i would probably consider one thing besides adjusting the faction status

adding some sort of heavier fighter type that would be just one wing in slot,but like....small frigate sized?(with apropriate stats and weaponry)
as in my testing everything else besides the garter was nearly useless and couldnt do much later,with garter just shining a very bright light due to naturally being a heavy bomber with one shot at decent range
while anything else that tries to engage in CC just gets demolished and you have to replace it to not lose crew and combat performance later on
or,make fodder tiers to be complete automatic and not require crew for them to do their job as a complete wall of meat, but you wont lose your crew now

The faction is and always has been meant to mix vanilla weapons with their own. I'm not a fan of adding vanilla equivalents when they aren't needed. Imho the faction aesthetics mesh well enough with vanilla weapons.
My mods: Tahlan Shipworks - ScalarTech Solutions - Trailer Moments
It's all in the presentation

MesoTroniK

• Admiral
  • I am going to destroy your ships
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: May 09, 2021, 12:18:08 AM »

:)
Ambient music is underappreciated, always makes me smile when I find someone who agrees.

Nia Tahl

• Admiral
  • AI in disguise
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: May 09, 2021, 02:27:14 PM »

I'm not adding more systems for them. Wouldn't fit their lore. Weapons are available enough between their two planets and the extra market at Charkha.

luckish

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: May 10, 2021, 01:52:21 AM »

I'm not adding more systems for them. Wouldn't fit their lore. Weapons are available enough between their two planets and the extra market at Charkha.

i only did a lil cursory look over the page, but is the station music posted anywhere? its pretty amazing

Madskills

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: May 10, 2021, 05:53:35 AM »

I had a good modded playthrough with lots of 0.95a mods along with this one. I'll leave a mini-review here to make sure the author knows there are players who care and maybe some feedback.

First of all, the art is hands down amazing. Not only the best art in the entire starsector modding community, it might be better art than what vanilla starsector has. Holy sweet little baby jesus, gotta love it.

Compared to tahlan shipworks, this mod's ships are a little bit more generic mechanically, I wish they had more special/unusual/interesting stuff going on with subsystems or skills. But I don't know how to do that without making them too strong.

Another thing I wish this mod had is tighter integration with the game: give pirates torn apart variants of scalar ships, have maybe some random deep space encounters with their experimental tech, have some interesting interaction with vanilla factions, etc. I understand that the point of this mod is being just a faction mod and this is what faction mods often do, but I know the author can go so much deeper than this after playing tahlan shipworks!

As for weapons, I think their weapons are a little bit too strong for how easy they are to obtain (just land on their planet and buy). I don't mind them being stronger, but I wish they were harder to obtain.

Gotta re-iterate how amazing the art, because it really sells the entire mod. I really like how pixel-art smoothly blends with conventional art in its ships, what a great job with that!

The_White_Falcon

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: May 11, 2021, 07:23:58 AM »

Just a heads up; the version checker is saying this version is 0.0 even though it should be 0.7.  In other words: the version checker is saying I have version 0.0 and should have 0.7 (even though I DO have 0.7 installed).

MesoTroniK

• Admiral
  • I am going to destroy your ships
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: May 12, 2021, 02:12:30 AM »

i only did a lil cursory look over the page, but is the station music posted anywhere? its pretty amazing
It will get uploaded to my SoundCloud not yet but soon. In the meantime you can dig them out of the mod folder for listening.

Warnoise

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: May 19, 2021, 01:52:08 AM »

This faction has an amazing design but balance-wise it is too strong. Their ships themselves aren't that op (except their battle carrier which is nimble like a destroyer and hits like a truck) but heir weapons are insanely powerful and their fighters (and especially bombers) are utterly broken.

I am curious about what is their weakness?

« Last Edit: May 19, 2021, 02:01:39 AM by Warnoise »

Chairman Suryasari

• Captain
  • The Deployer of John Lennon's.
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: May 19, 2021, 03:25:01 AM »

Well, lore-wise, they're isolated for so long and have to develop superior weaponry to keep their independent from both Persean league and Hegemony so it's probably a design choice. But in the campaign they mostly just sit there doing nothing, and in Nex as long you're not actively hostile toward them they can't be bothered with you.
"Kids under 13 shouldn't have access to the internet. if 10yo me were on tumblr and read about suicide and depression 5 hours a day, every day, god knows i would jump off a bridge if my parents ever yell at me."

-Some random Youtube comment on video about Sonic OC.

Nia Tahl

• Admiral
  • AI in disguise
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: May 19, 2021, 11:26:59 PM »

This faction has an amazing design but balance-wise it is too strong. Their ships themselves aren't that op (except their battle carrier which is nimble like a destroyer and hits like a truck) but heir weapons are insanely powerful and their fighters (and especially bombers) are utterly broken.

I am curious about what is their weakness?

I'd need a bit more detail on how the weapons are supposed to be any different in power from vanilla and the fighters are "utterly broken". Don't really have much to go on here.

Their weaknesses are the same as normal hightech

KDR_11k

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: May 20, 2021, 04:10:05 AM »

Wait, that balance wasn't intentional?
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 26