Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 26

Author Topic: [0.96a] ScalarTech Solutions 0.9.1  (Read 424786 times)

Jet Black

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a] ScalarTech Solutions 0.6b - Ready for the future
« Reply #135 on: April 22, 2021, 07:08:22 AM »

I was wondering why scalar was losing planets left and right, then I saw the "strike fleet". Its 90% tankers and freighters lol.
How do I make them stop this madness?

ApolloStarsector

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: April 22, 2021, 11:07:55 AM »

The mass tankers / freighters sent to attack other systems are due to a nexerelin bug

DaysOfDoom

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: April 22, 2021, 04:35:20 PM »

Hey, I think I might have noticed a bug with the Tousle Flechette gun not generating hard flux on shield hits. I can try to grab a recording if you want.  It only seems to happen close to the weapon's maximum range.

Grabbed a recording just in case.

https://streamable.com/b8hyza
« Last Edit: April 22, 2021, 04:51:43 PM by DaysOfDoom »

Nori

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: April 22, 2021, 05:45:33 PM »

Heya, I'm playing Nex with random sectors and I'm wondering if I should be seeing the Gown ever show up in markets or well anywhere? I can't have a agent "procure" it, I can't search for it with a search mod, none of the spindle bases have one and I've checked them many times. Prism hasn't ever had one either. Haven't found a blueprint either. It seems like it doesn't exist except for a Codex entry. Am I missing something?

DaysOfDoom

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: April 22, 2021, 06:33:32 PM »

Nori, the Gown does show up at the main planet (I forget the name), I currently have one as my flagship. It's ~2.3 mil. Its not always available but if you keep checking it should show up. It also might be a later game ship so depending on what year you are in it might not show up yet. I am playing on standard sector so I don't know if that will affect it.

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #140 on: April 22, 2021, 06:46:09 PM »

I was wondering why scalar was losing planets left and right, then I saw the "strike fleet". Its 90% tankers and freighters lol.
How do I make them stop this madness?
Most recent Nexerelin versions (IIRC it's 0.10.0c and later) limit and cap the tanker amount, so Spindle fleets aren't tanker-bloated from having a far-off star system.

Although it shouldn't dramatically affect their invasion/raid "remote" autoresolve power (player not near system), and their patrols shouldn't be affected at all, so it's probably not the underlying cause of their losing wars.

Nori

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: April 22, 2021, 06:51:26 PM »

Nori, the Gown does show up at the main planet (I forget the name), I currently have one as my flagship. It's ~2.3 mil. Its not always available but if you keep checking it should show up. It also might be a later game ship so depending on what year you are in it might not show up yet. I am playing on standard sector so I don't know if that will affect it.
Ok thanks. I'll keep looking.  :)

Sir_Meower

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: April 23, 2021, 12:07:45 AM »

I'm just going to leave this here because I tried Scalar Tech and really like the designs and playstyle: I'm feeling the capital ships such as the Filament and Corset need a little flux limit increase and slightly increased flux dissipation rate. I tried using them to fight vanilla capital ships such as the Conqueror (with a flux limit of 17,000 and flux rate of 1,200) and due to the flux rate of 900 and flux limit of 15,000 (granted it's a battle carrier, I know) as well as the corset with a flux limit of 16,000 and flux rate of 900. Although the Onslaught only has a 600 flux dissipation rate and 17,000 flux with the range of those built in thermal cannons it's been very difficult to defeat (with a few of it's smaller friends of course) just using a Corset or Filament with weapons such as tachyon lances or stitch beam lances. I personally adjusted the the Filament flux limit to 17,000 and flux dissipation rate to 1,000 along with adjusting the Corset's flux limit to 18,000 and flux dissipation rate to 1,000. By doing that I found they played and felt more like capital ships, but hey I'm new to this mod and just might not know how to actually use the ships to their fullest potential.

Anyhow that's my two cents on the matter and as mentioned above overall I love the mod due to it's ship design, unique weaponry, art style of the ships. I just personally feel that the capital ships such as the Filament and Corset are a little wimpy and need a little buff even with the unique Scalar Tech bonuses initially given to them. That or I just suck at using them -_-.

Flacman3000

• Commander
  • A man cannot put his shaft into the unknown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: April 23, 2021, 12:22:19 AM »

Will you be creating broken-down pirate variants or ones sold abroad? It will emphasize less exclusivity because they are bound to have ships stolen and redesigned.
Ryzen 7 2700x, 1080ti, 16GB DDR4 RAM and playing SS on a SSD - Always stay ahead because when you're ahead you're rear anatomy is open to interpretation.

Hellya

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: April 23, 2021, 03:05:08 PM »

I'm just going to leave this here because I tried Scalar Tech and really like the designs and playstyle: I'm feeling the capital ships such as the Filament and Corset need a little flux limit increase and slightly increased flux dissipation rate. I tried using them to fight vanilla capital ships such as the Conqueror (with a flux limit of 17,000 and flux rate of 1,200) and due to the flux rate of 900 and flux limit of 15,000 (granted it's a battle carrier, I know) as well as the corset with a flux limit of 16,000 and flux rate of 900. Although the Onslaught only has a 600 flux dissipation rate and 17,000 flux with the range of those built in thermal cannons it's been very difficult to defeat (with a few of it's smaller friends of course) just using a Corset or Filament with weapons such as tachyon lances or stitch beam lances. I personally adjusted the the Filament flux limit to 17,000 and flux dissipation rate to 1,000 along with adjusting the Corset's flux limit to 18,000 and flux dissipation rate to 1,000. By doing that I found they played and felt more like capital ships, but hey I'm new to this mod and just might not know how to actually use the ships to their fullest potential.

Anyhow that's my two cents on the matter and as mentioned above overall I love the mod due to it's ship design, unique weaponry, art style of the ships. I just personally feel that the capital ships such as the Filament and Corset are a little wimpy and need a little buff even with the unique Scalar Tech bonuses initially given to them. That or I just suck at using them -_-.

I am grooving on this mod. That beings said, I agree. The current rework of the fighter system has made carriers less effective. I think it is going to take mods a few cycles to get caught up to the new middle ground.

ApolloStarsector

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: April 24, 2021, 10:52:46 PM »

Also agree. Simply go into a simulation and watch any of these beautiful capital ships be destroyed by *any* vanilla capital ship, with almost any loadout.

Gorgeous mod with great sound effects though.

Nia Tahl

• Admiral
  • AI in disguise
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a] ScalarTech Solutions 0.7 - Ready for the future
« Reply #146 on: April 25, 2021, 03:37:17 AM »

Update time!

Hope you enjoy!

Changelog here:
Spoiler
- Camise
    - Now civilian-grade
    - Lowered supply cost to 9
    - Lowered burn level to 8
- Culotte
   - Now civilian-grade
    - Lowered supply cost to 6
- Percale
   - Can no longer overload from phasing
- Sateen
   - Slightly reduced system duration
   - Increased DP from 40 to 45
- Corset
   - Lowered DP from 45 to 40
   - Increased armor from 1000 to 1200
   - Increased dissipation from 900 to 1000
   - Improved shield efficiency from 0.8 to 0.6
- Belt
   - Increased shield efficiency from 0.9 to 0.8
- Filament
   - Increased shield efficiency from 0.8 to 0.7
   - Increased armor from 900 to 1000
   - Increased flux capacity from 15000 to 18000
   - Tripled system duration
   - Halved system flux cost
- Strand
- Tress
- Midi
   - Increased shield efficiency from 0.9 to 0.8
[close]
My mods: Tahlan Shipworks - ScalarTech Solutions - Trailer Moments
It's all in the presentation

Jet Black

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: April 25, 2021, 04:27:23 AM »

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Sarissofoi

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: April 25, 2021, 05:30:06 AM »

Just wanted to say thank you for CHEMO THERAPY mod.
Phase is enough cancer without mines.

ApolloStarsector

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: April 25, 2021, 05:22:15 PM »

Hell yeah, buffs!
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 26