Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 26

Author Topic: [0.96a] ScalarTech Solutions 0.9.1  (Read 424680 times)

sanya02

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] ScalarTech Solutions 0.3 - More botes? More botes!
« Reply #60 on: September 13, 2020, 06:26:04 PM »

Yes, I did it. Now I will be an author and make tons of money.

Chairman Suryasari

• Captain
  • The Deployer of John Lennon's.
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: September 14, 2020, 01:04:39 PM »

calm down, lad.
"Kids under 13 shouldn't have access to the internet. if 10yo me were on tumblr and read about suicide and depression 5 hours a day, every day, god knows i would jump off a bridge if my parents ever yell at me."

-Some random Youtube comment on video about Sonic OC.

sanya02

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: September 14, 2020, 07:40:25 PM »

;D

ErrantSingularity

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: September 15, 2020, 07:25:41 PM »

Just started using these this morning, man this is a great mod! The battlecarrier especially is so great, it's leagues ahead of the Legion. Just need to get my paws on that beautiful big one...

Warhydra

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: September 18, 2020, 12:16:59 PM »

I am 90% certain it is intended, but it's worth noting that Second Wave doesnt work with solo fighter/bombers the way Reserve deployment does.
My dream of 8 Scoralius is sadly not to be :(

e

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: September 18, 2020, 03:31:28 PM »

I got this mod with the sole intent of having a mock faction to smash into pieces, but after seeing their diplomacy traits, they actually make the best possible allies i could ever ask for... it's not fair.  :(

Warhydra

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: September 25, 2020, 12:36:15 PM »

AI Gown doesnt seem to ever engage its fighters, even when set to aggressive or reckless, probably because it thinks it only has plaids.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2020, 03:49:39 PM by Warhydra »

Neuneu

• Ensign
  • Beam me up, Scotty! I beg you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: October 02, 2020, 09:25:16 AM »

The mod is just great: ships system ,design, lore. Good job!!

Yeah, had the same problem with the gown fighters. They never leaves the carrier.
I feel like the gown has to much OP around 50 for the main ship and maybe around 20 for each wing, I could put  weapons in all slot and still manage to set up a lot of system ( main part I even added almost everything targeting, maneuvering jets, shield mod and many more).

In the end my Gown can go easly toe to toe against an Atlas and 2 Onslaughts and win whitout a sweat.

I am just giving you my feedback, I usually spend a lot of time in the hangar, and try to max out the ship, I don't mind it being powerful but usually you have to choose between very good weapons and few system or medium weapons and few more systems. Here I just slapped everything on the bad boy :)

« Last Edit: October 02, 2020, 09:46:15 AM by Neuneu »

Nia Tahl

• Admiral
  • AI in disguise
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: October 02, 2020, 01:49:27 PM »

Next patch will remove the built-in wings on the Gown and give it a modular slot instead. This will also effectively reduce the available OP. That said, the OP values are about right, I think, but I'll have another look at it.

It's always a bit tricky with this many mounts since OP can balloon easily if a lot of expensive weapons are used, especially in the small slots.
My mods: Tahlan Shipworks - ScalarTech Solutions - Trailer Moments
It's all in the presentation

Neuneu

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: October 02, 2020, 03:07:57 PM »

Very true, I usually go for cheap PD weapons on small slot to saves those OP for main guns on capital ship.
But I do so on most ship, also to save flux, and I don't  have the same feeling as this ship ( usually go for 2/4 system) not targeting, shield, more missiles, maneuvering jets and so on).

I think part of the explanation is coming from the fact that system cost more on bigger ship but since they don't go up between a 45Dp ship and this 100Dp ship...

The other ship I played with more than 100Dp was the one from occulian Armada and it felt bit less free on OP spending. Granted it had several modules and 2 of which had mounted weapons with built in hight flux forcing you to spend op on flux generation.  Same with the moving orbital station ship, can't remember the mod, ship was powerful but more in line in terms of OP management ( was around 85dp). Both these ship had 4/5 modules and the op were split and for some system you had to spend 4/5 times the cost to have them on all parts of the ship.

When I get access to my computer, I will try to give a more detailed account of what I slapped there.

Again, very good work, I am just trying to help in my own way by giving infos to reflect on  ( I will buger off now)

Nia Tahl

• Admiral
  • AI in disguise
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: October 02, 2020, 04:45:50 PM »

The other big factor here is the Loadout Design which gives a proportional OP boost. Hard to balance around that so all OP values are balanced around not having any skills.

Neuneu

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: October 02, 2020, 05:21:41 PM »

Oh, didn't thought of that!

Ofc I have all max skills... And loadout design and another dirty secret that I am ashamed to even mention.
*cough* Extreme modification *cough*

But so do I on every ship and I don't have the same nb of hullmods. Usually it is a struggle to put Extended missiles racks and targeting system on same ship while having max capacitor and vent).

Again, your mod,  and you already said you will look into it and a ship can be better than others.
If this ship is one or even the best in modded sector then so be it ( it looks freaking cool anyway).

Might have been to rash on the amount of op that I claimed being too much, the truth might be in between.

That why I want to access my game to see if I remove stuff like extreme modification, how much mod I will be able to fit ( not gonna happen until tomorrow)

Modo44

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: October 02, 2020, 09:20:48 PM »

Most vanilla ships feel like they have too little ordnance points before you unlock the right skills, or put a good officer in them. Many modded ships start good without any skills, get spare points for some faction specials, and then you "wonder" how they end up so strong compared to vanilla.

Nia Tahl

• Admiral
  • AI in disguise
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: October 03, 2020, 07:24:14 AM »

Most vanilla ships feel like they have too little ordnance points before you unlock the right skills, or put a good officer in them. Many modded ships start good without any skills, get spare points for some faction specials, and then you "wonder" how they end up so strong compared to vanilla.

Except that isn't true. The vast majority of mods use the same budget allocation for OP as vanilla. The Gown is simply a complicated edge case due to being on a scale that doesn't exist in vanilla.

Either way, I've decided to drop the OP by 20 and 10 for the main hull and modules respectively.

Neuneu

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: October 04, 2020, 08:39:09 AM »

Thinks that should balance the ship better.

I actually checked my ship, i put very cheap or smaller misssiles in mount dedicated to them.
That explain around 50 OP, minus the 20 you removed and the 30 i get from extreme modification.

We are looking at 100 OP out of 188 I dedicated to the Hull mods, smaller capital i usually go for around 40/60 OP for hull mods.

Since it is bigger, you have more room than usual to actually go for cheaper weapons for more hull mod.
My feeling was actually biased by how i fitted that ship.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 26