Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 26

Author Topic: [0.96a] ScalarTech Solutions 0.9.1  (Read 424714 times)

Nia Tahl

• Admiral
  • AI in disguise
    • View Profile

I have found a bug with the filament, should I post it here, or somewhere else?

Where else would you post it?

Love the ships so far.Only minor problem i have found is the Filament even with an aggressive officer wont directly engage and tries to stay out of cqb and only use fighters.Havent noticed that with other battlecarriers playing nex,they usualy charge right in with cruisers etc.Even when i give them a direct attack order they hang back and wont move up to use main weapons.

Will be fixed next update. Carrier tags are weird.

A quick clarification question about the Tousle; am I correct in thinking that it's really doing 5x100 (for the total 500 damage) per shot because the main round splits into 5? It's been a pretty fun weapon to use and I think it's definitely a solid 1k range KE, but assuming that's how the damage calculation works then I do wonder if it could use a slight boost given its 14OP cost.

That's correct, it's 5x100 damage. I'm buffing its stats a bit with slightly increased dps and efficiency.
My mods: Tahlan Shipworks - ScalarTech Solutions - Trailer Moments
It's all in the presentation

Mondaymonkey

• Admiral
    • View Profile

Strand hight fuel consumption was already mentioned. (and answered)

However Gown (12) and Filament (15) are also strange values. Not sure if Gown is too low or Filament is too hight, tho'.
I dislike human beings... or I just do not know how to cook them well.

Nia Tahl

• Admiral
  • AI in disguise
    • View Profile

Logistics values in general are getting a pass with the next update. Since my focus was getting the faction ready for the tournament, those were some of the aspects I somewhat rushed.

Mondaymonkey

• Admiral
    • View Profile

Oh! Good to hear that.

BTW would there be any ScalarTech logistic vessels? (Not for next update, I mean. Generally in plans?)

Nia Tahl

• Admiral
  • AI in disguise
    • View Profile

Eventually, yes. They started out as a logistics corp in lore

Mondaymonkey

• Admiral
    • View Profile

Great.

Also, just noticed ScalarTech is hostile-by-default to Hegs, pirates and LP, but not LC. I really does not read a lore, is it intended to be neutral with LC?

And currently all ScalarTech fleets are so D-moded. Maybe they deserve at least corrupted NF? (Off course if lack of it is not lore based. AIAS didn't read it.)

Nia Tahl

• Admiral
  • AI in disguise
    • View Profile

Great.

Also, just noticed ScalarTech is hostile-by-default to Hegs, pirates and LP, but not LC. I really does not read a lore, is it intended to be neutral with LC?

And currently all ScalarTech fleets are so D-moded. Maybe they deserve at least corrupted NF? (Off course if lack of it is not lore based. AIAS didn't read it.)

They aren't hostile to Hegemony. Their default is -0.3 with hegemony and -0.2 with church

Mondaymonkey

• Admiral
    • View Profile

Sorry. My bad. Mixed Hegs with PL. (I hate them both equally, so never split in mind)

-0.2 with church is reasonable. Didn't noticed that because game doesn't show it.

Hold on a while... Non hostile with Hegs? With two Alpha AI cores in use?
Spoiler
[close]

Probably a lot of bribes, enough to build a personal golden Onslaught for High Hegemon!  ;D Or because Kusanagi-san is too kawaii to satbomb her!

Spoiler
If seriously, -0.3 is fine. I just kidding.
[close]

Yubbin

• Lieutenant
  • i just play mods
    • View Profile

The bug with the Filament:
The ship's system description says that it will "replace all lost fighters". What happens for me when I use it is the fighters are replenished to full strength (and maybe a couple extra like the description says), then all of the new fighters land again, and the ship has the original number of fighters again. Another bug I got is that sometimes some fighters will launch, move around for a bit, then at full health land again for no apparent reason (later, the ship would get full fighter strength again). This has only happened with the Filament, so I assumed it might have something to do with the ship system.

Wyvern

• Admiral
    • View Profile

Bug: When you make a nex start aligned with scalartech, you get the hull blueprint but not the weapon blueprint.  This can be fixed by replacing
Code
    "startSpecialItems":[
        [["tahlan_scalartech_hull_package", "tahlan_scalartech_weapon_package", ""]],
    ],
with
Code
        [["tahlan_scalartech_hull_package", ""]], [["tahlan_scalartech_weapon_package", ""]],
    ],
(Yes, that's a slightly egregious supply of brackets.  Not sure why it's formatted like that, but that's what works.)

Might-be-a-bug: I'd originally thought the weapon blueprint was broken entirely, as no scalartech weapons were available for sale in any of the markets (including the STDF Requisitions market), nor were any installed on any fleets I inspected.

Further investigation (restarting the game several times to track down the issue with the missing starting blueprint) revealed that they do have access to scalartech weapons, they're just really really rare due to the number of blueprint packages the faction has available and the lack of anything set as 'priority' weapons.

(The scalartech elite sub-faction fleets do seem to properly prioritize scalartech weaponry, though, so maybe the lack of such things in the general market is intended?)
Wyvern is 100% correct about the math.

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile

I understand Nia has fixed that issue in dev.

If you're wondering how it works:
Code: json
        [["special_item_a", "params"]],  /* gives one special_item_a, with the specified params */
        [["special_item_b", ""], ["special_item_c", ""]],  /* also gives one special_item_b OR one special_item_c (picked at random) */
],

Nia Tahl

• Admiral
  • AI in disguise
    • View Profile

It's already fixed, yes

The Second Wave description will also be updated to reflect that it functions as an enhanced Reserve Deployment.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2020, 04:15:33 AM by Nia Tahl »

NaitNait

• Ensign
    • View Profile

Small quirk with the Thread "drone", it currently has 1 crew.

Nia Tahl

• Admiral
  • AI in disguise
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] ScalarTech Solutions 0.2 - Now with some extra polish
« Reply #43 on: August 01, 2020, 02:56:51 PM »

Update 0.2

A bunch of polish and tweaking for this update. Also adds an IBB (which will require a future SWP update)

Changelog:
Spoiler
- Changed faction name to "Spindle Protectorate" to better convey its political nature
- Added Vestige-class IBB
- Updated faction nex alignments
- Updated faction relationships
- Updated ship logistics stats
- Added a Corrupted Nanoforge to Charkha's Orbital Works (only applies to new saves)
- STDF Requisitions market now always offers scalartech weaponry for sale (only applies to new saves)
- Fixed some weapon sounds
- Fixed second wave system spawning extra fighters for single fighter wings
- Removed carrier tags from Filament so it fights properly
- Lowered String Pulser projectile velocity
- Lowered Strand DP to 24
- Increased Tress DP to 14
- Tousle
   - Increased dps to 200
   - Increased efficiency to 1.1
- Lace
   - Increased efficiency to 1.1
   - Lowered range to 600
- Verge
   - Reduced top speed to 60
   - Increased shield efficiency to 0.7
   - Lowered shield upkeep to 0.3
   - Increased armor to 1000
- Skye
   - Reduced shield efficiency to 0.8
   - Increased shield upkeep to 0.4
- Hanakaze
   - Can no longer be found as BP
   - System changed to Energy Surge
[close]

Mondaymonkey

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] ScalarTech Solutions 0.2 - Now with some extra polish
« Reply #44 on: August 01, 2020, 10:38:14 PM »

YAY!

1. Something wrong with Spindle Protectorate market music. There are no smooth transition between the music themes when entering market. And if you stay inside the market long enough - it just stops at some point and relaunch after a few seconds of silence.

2. Spindle protectorate military requires a commission to buy advanced things. STDF requisition - not, and you able to buy there some serious stuff, like Gown, I never seen in military. Is that intended?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 26