Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 26

Author Topic: [0.96a] ScalarTech Solutions 0.9.1  (Read 430833 times)

GreyEisenwolf

• Ensign
  • I need help
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] ScalarTech Solutions 0.8.5
« Reply #255 on: November 16, 2022, 11:42:00 PM »

Is there any way to spawn in this faction in an existing save with console commands?
Battle Carrier Enthusiast | Frigate spammer | Monitor, the immovable pebble | Ludd's 1# Drug Smuggler | Andrada's Worse Gas Station employee he's ever had | Doritos Cool Ranch flavor is better than Nacho cheese, you can't change my mind.

SpaceDrake

• Admiral
  • Piloting space mecha for fun and profit(?)
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: November 17, 2022, 02:55:38 AM »

Is there any way to spawn in this faction in an existing save with console commands?

At most you could give them a previously-established colony. If you want the Spindle system and all its accoutrements, you must start a new save.

Shogouki

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: November 23, 2022, 01:20:01 PM »

Not sure if this is a bug or intended but I noticed that your suspicion level for using the black market in Spindle markets doesn't seem to ever decline based on how much legal trade you do during the same visit.  If it's intended or has already been reported my apologies, just let me know and I'll delete my post.

Argentum Rhodes

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: December 04, 2022, 12:38:53 AM »

I really enjoy having ScalarTech in my games. The ships look so sleek, and the faction has a really unique identity.

Love the large missiles that fires out like a barrel. Kind of wish a small or medium variant of that missile type existed. Thank you again for your hard work on the mod Nia.

BladedQueen

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: December 07, 2022, 09:28:05 PM »

I just wanted to thank you for the immense satisfaction of using Tineola Distortion Torpedoes and Garter Heavy Bombers with Tear Hyperpulse Torpedoes. Boom. :)

FoolishBosch

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: December 18, 2022, 12:55:50 AM »

I want to say the mod is a great mod to have in any playthrough! I like the designs and the equipment, the Sateen is so far my favorite especially if you time the torpedoes right as the enemy overflux.

But I know don't if this is a bug or issue, but if I established Silvys as a contact, the option to give her AI cores disappear even if I have cores on hand. Don't know if its because I started as Spindle using Nexerelin as I can give cores to her if I don't established a contact.

Johnny_B

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: December 19, 2022, 05:02:53 AM »

Cool ships, Sateen is God tier, thanks, you are amazing.
Only question - is there a way to disable Spindle faction without Nexerelin random sector?

Nia Tahl

• Admiral
  • AI in disguise
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: December 19, 2022, 08:24:16 AM »

Only question - is there a way to disable Spindle faction without Nexerelin random sector?

I'm not sure I understand the question here
My mods: Tahlan Shipworks - ScalarTech Solutions - Trailer Moments
It's all in the presentation

e

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: December 19, 2022, 10:42:51 AM »

He only wants the ships, doesn't want the faction.

Johnny_B

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: December 19, 2022, 11:36:12 AM »

He only wants the ships, doesn't want the faction.

Right, though spindle markets have my favourite modded ships and best music in the game overall, i just didtn like place of spindle core system, cause i just want all habitable worlds in center, like vanilla, and no pit-stops middle to the edge of sector.
So is there any option to disable it?

Nia Tahl

• Admiral
  • AI in disguise
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: December 19, 2022, 12:46:17 PM »

No, why would there? The ships only spawn as part of the faction. Disabling the faction would make the whole thing pointless.

e

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: December 19, 2022, 01:21:09 PM »

No, why would there? The ships only spawn as part of the faction. Disabling the faction would make the whole thing pointless.

Blueprints exist...

But yeah, the point of a modded faction is to play WITH the modded faction.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2022, 01:27:08 PM by e »

hydremajor

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: December 20, 2022, 08:44:58 AM »

I think what they want is to start the game off with thoses ship blueprints available and have the PLAYER establish that faction

Basically they want to RP a "rags to riches" scenario with ships unique to the player faction

either that or they want to play with the mod but are VERY worried the balancing is all kinds of flawed and wind up getting steamrolled because the modded stuff can't be beat with vanilla stuff...

Then again thats just my perspective on things

Johnny_B

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: December 20, 2022, 09:57:56 AM »

Yes, i like "rags to riches" kinda thing, but also not only blueprints exists, there is a forge templates, there is a rare ship market on Prism Freeport, there is a "legends" mod, when you can find coordinates of a nice ship through the bar event, plenty of things. And all of that give some kind of satisfaction when you find a good new "toy", that what you cant just buy on black market for money. And im personally think that Sateen is OP, it can destroy half of the battlefield in mere seconds, dumping flux and pushing with it skill in the same time. Also best looking ship in the game.

So for example Songbird (Tahlan Shipworks), you can't buy it in market, cuz there no Great Houses markets, and when i found it in Prism Freeport rares shop, thought "looks nice", bought it and now its my favourite ship. Later i exchanged blueprint for it on same Prism Freeport. Sateen on the other hand its just 500k buck.

It would be nice to have an option to play Vanilla core worlds, and disable Spindle system, like you did in Tahlan, when you can disable Lethia system.
I know there was no Faction markets in that system, but still, its a great option.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2022, 10:12:10 AM by Johnny_B »

Nia Tahl

• Admiral
  • AI in disguise
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: December 20, 2022, 10:23:29 AM »

Not going to happen. Songbird also has nothing to do with Kassadar in the slightest. GH ships can spawn in any independent market.

Most importantly, Shipworks isn't a faction mod per se.

Also the Sateen isn't overpowered, just really good in player hands.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 26