Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]

Author Topic: [0.95.1a] Torchships And Deadly Armaments V0.17rc1 (2023/01/08)  (Read 289333 times)

AnXel LG

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Torchships And Deadly Armaments V0.17rc1 (2023/01/08)
« Reply #105 on: April 04, 2024, 11:36:50 AM »

You'll have to go into the mod folder, then data>wolrd>factions, then open the ".faction" files and lower the rates you see there to ensure they're in line with the new vanilla weights. I'd probably suggest removing the Niagara from the priority ships and see if that fixes the issue (haven't tested myself, but worth a try)

Works well, thank you! I had to do a lot of tuning including with other mods to make things look like I wanted, but that's probably just my own standards and the mod loadout I've got.

Wait, What??? I wonder what you guys consider an "adequate spawning rate" because we clueless mortals are bound to get things going downhill if we mess with game files. So PLEASE, some RECIPE for adjustments would be VERY MUCH appreciated. Take pity on us, you GODS'N GODDESSES of coding  ;D

From what I see, the big problem is just factions having Niagaras and such shoved in the "prioritize" category. This means that especially for factions that don't have other prioritized ships there these ships will just be far too common, so commenting those lines out with a # solves most of the problem. The other thing to keep in mind is that most ships have all their probabilities sum to 10, which means that if you want them to be less common just lower those probabilities a bit.

Thanks for the tip. I'll take a careful look at it and tinker myself a little bit, see what I can do to fix the Niagara spam and tune it down in Luddic fleets
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]