Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.95.1a is out! (12/10/21); Blog post: The Pilgrim's Path (07/19/22)

Pages: 1 ... 108 109 [110]

Author Topic: [0.95.1a] Dassault-Mikoyan Engineering v.1.6a - Update for 0.95.1  (Read 837949 times)

HammerheadEnjoyer222

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Dassault-Mikoyan Engineering v.1.6a - Update for 0.95.1
« Reply #1635 on: July 29, 2022, 06:23:58 AM »

When trying to do the Smuggling X units of Y mission to a Dassault-Mikoyan colony the game refuses to properly complete the mission, even if there are no patrols in sight. Even after using console commands to make sure it was impossible for anyone to see me, the game still refuses and just shows the "avoid patrols and turn off transponder" message in the colony screen. Quitting the game or destroying the station via console commands didnt fix this. I dont know if this happens normally in the mod, but patrols ignore me with my transponder off.

I don't know if its there's something wrong with the mod or if its a incompatibility issue with other mods i have downloaded but here's the mod list i have:

Slightly Better Tech-Mining, New Level Of Confidence
Apex Design Collective, Arma Armatura
Arsenal Expansion, Autosave
Brighton Federation, Additional Console Commands
Combat Chatter, Commisioned Crews
Common Radar, Console Commands
Dassault-Mikoyan Engineering, Diable Avionics
Diktat Enhancement, ED Shipyard
HMI Supervillains, Hazard Mining Incorporated
High Tech Expansion, Interstellar Imperium
Iron Shell, Junk Yard Dogs
LowTech Armada, LazyLib
Machina Void Shipyards, MagicLib
Mayasuran Navy, Nexerelin
Outer Rim, Alliance P9 Colony Group
Roider Union, ScalarTech Solutions
Scy Nation, Shadowyards
SpeedUp, Substance.Abuse
Tahlan Shipworks, Terraforming & Station Construction
Star Federation, Underworld
Unknown Skies, VIC
Xhan Empire, Midline Expansion
YunruCore, Graphicslib

Edit: The problem is occurring at the novy mir starforge in the martinique star system
« Last Edit: July 29, 2022, 08:30:28 AM by HammerheadEnjoyer222 »

stormturmoil

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1636 on: July 29, 2022, 07:30:35 AM »

Do you have the Ziggurat in your Fleet? If so, you will always be identifiable regardless of transponder or sensor profile - the ship is too easily recognisable.

If this is so, try storing the Ziggurat somewhere and doing it again.

HammerheadEnjoyer222

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1637 on: July 29, 2022, 07:40:31 AM »

I just started a new playthrough, i only have a hound and a modded ship, the hailfyre. The modded ship doesnt seem to be causing the problem since selling the ship does nothing to help.

Harmful Mechanic

• Admiral
  • Secret Beef Cultist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1638 on: July 29, 2022, 07:41:24 AM »

When trying to do the Smuggling X units of Y mission to a Dassault-Mikoyan colony the game refuses to properly complete the mission, even if there are no patrols in sight. Even after using console commands to make sure it was impossible for anyone to see me, the game still refuses and just shows the "avoid patrols and turn off transponder" message in the colony screen. Quitting the game or destroying the station via console commands didnt fix this.
That's a really weird error. Thanks for actually trying to figure out what was going on; I'll try loading up a smuggling mission myself this weekend and see if there are problems.

I don't know if its there's something wrong with the mod or if its a incompatibility issue with other mods i have downloaded but here's the mod list i have:

Slightly Better Tech-Mining, New Level Of Confidence
Apex Design Collective, Arma Armatura
Arsenal Expansion, Autosave
Brighton Federation, Additional Console Commands
Combat Chatter, Commisioned Crews
Common Radar, Console Commands
Dassault-Mikoyan Engineering, Diable Avionics
Diktat Enhancement, ED Shipyard
HMI Supervillains, Hazard Mining Incorporated
High Tech Expansion, Interstellar Imperium
Iron Shell, Junk Yard Dogs
LowTech Armada, LazyLib
Machina Void Shipyards, MagicLib
Mayasuran Navy, Nexerelin
Outer Rim, Alliance P9 Colony Group
Roider Union, ScalarTech Solutions
Scy Nation, Shadowyards
SpeedUp, Substance.Abuse
Tahlan Shipworks, Terraforming & Station Construction
Star Federation, Underworld
Unknown Skies, VIC
Xhan Empire, Midline Expansion
YunruCore, Graphicslib
I'll see what can be done. I don't run most of those regularly, so it's possible there's some weird interaction happening with another mod on that list, but I won't rule out having done something stupid on my end.

Do you have the Ziggurat in your Fleet? If so, you will always be identifiable regardless of transponder or sensor profile - the ship is too easily recognisable.

If this is so, try storing the Ziggurat somewhere and doing it again.
That would make sense! Looks like it's not that, though.
People need societies, but they don't necessarily need nations.

UMA

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1639 on: August 11, 2022, 11:57:27 AM »

hey. absolutely love your mod! escpecially the blade breakers. quick question tho, can a player build the blade breakers station on their colony? i planned on doing a deserter ships only playthrough and having the breakers station on my colonies would be thematically correct for it. thanks

Harmful Mechanic

• Admiral
  • Secret Beef Cultist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1640 on: August 11, 2022, 12:04:56 PM »

Unfortunately, no - I wouldn't necessarily object, but it's really only intended as an NPC enemy station. If I were going to fix it up like that, I'd probably have to remake it a couple of different ways; more modules, more slots, a style-neutral core hull.

Right now my priority is minimum viable completeness for both my faction mods, so that's something I consider an optional extra for later, if ever.

UMA

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1641 on: August 11, 2022, 12:22:19 PM »

understandable. hopefully "minimum viable completeness" includes more ships for the blade breakers and the deserters. again, thanks for making this awesome mod!

Harmful Mechanic

• Admiral
  • Secret Beef Cultist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1642 on: August 11, 2022, 12:30:26 PM »

understandable. hopefully "minimum viable completeness" includes more ships for the blade breakers and the deserters.
Well... kinda. My philosophy right now is that if I can redesign something old to get more gameplay out of it, instead of create something new, I should be doing that.

So for example, I've been working on some new Sigma Tech weapons to feed into my planned research system, and I've also taken a couple things I didn't think were working out of the mod to compensate.

I'd say I'm more likely to redesign or replace an existing Breaker ship that's currently non-recoverable, in order to make it work as a recoverable hull, than I am to just add more. Ditto Deserter ships; I've made a pretty aggressive set of changes to the Ifrit, for example, to make it a better ship with more gameplay, rather than just introducing a new ship alongside it.

Not to say I wouldn't still do that; but I'm trying to avoid it. And, of course, I might decide once I have some missions in that I need a new ship here or there...

again, thanks for making this awesome mod!
I'm absolutely doing it for completely selfish reasons (my own enjoyment and learning). I think that's the best way for me, and results in the most enjoyable end product. But you're welcome.
Pages: 1 ... 108 109 [110]