Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.95a is out! (03/26/21); Blog post: A Tale of Two Tech Levels (05/28/21)

Author Topic: [0.95a] Unpack Blueprints  (Read 3081 times)

Yunru

• Admiral
    • View Profile
[0.95a] Unpack Blueprints
« on: May 26, 2021, 05:20:29 AM »

I don't remember if I ever released this for 0.91, but I can confirm it still works in the latest version, so here we go:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/19QVals0-Q_PsGjyn1nWTf2Roa6CQroI3/view?usp=sharing

This simple mod changes how packages work. With the mod installed using a blueprint package unlocks nothing. Instead, it gives you a single blueprint for each item in the package.

By default the only packages that are affected are those that are in vanilla, although it should be relatively easy to manually adjust mod-added packages just by changing the script they call.

6chad.noirlee9

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a] Unpack Blueprints
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2021, 09:51:25 AM »

REALLY hope the other creators pick this up.

VERY nice idea.

Yunru

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a] Unpack Blueprints
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2021, 09:59:33 AM »

REALLY hope the other creators pick this up.

VERY nice idea.
As long as the added package still calls [...]MultiBlueprintItemPlugin in the special_items.csv, you can manually change it to "data.scripts.UnpackBlueprints" and it should work without issue (although I haven't personally tested it).

If it doesn't call MultiBlueprintItenPlugin then it's doing something special and I would advise against changing it.