Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Author Topic: Elminate all other Nations  (Read 1384 times)

Pantlessman

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Elminate all other Nations
« on: July 23, 2020, 07:42:07 PM »

So I want to try a fresh, totally alone game.  My plan is to start a colony, and then obviously elminate all the others in the Core Worlds.  If I go and glass all the food production planets, this should cause enough of a failure cascade to make most settled worlds die out on their own right?

Mondaymonkey

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Elminate all other Nations
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2020, 07:05:15 AM »

No. SS economic works slight different.

But even if you eliminate all other colonies, there will be no alone game, as pirates and LP will remain what ever you do.
I dislike human beings... or I just do not know how to cook them well.

Megas

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2020, 11:17:18 AM »

To kill a planet, you either need to sat bomb them until their market disappears (which also adds Pollution if world was Habitable) or over-raid it to endure zero stability for a while until it decivilizes.

After total core kill, you need to deal with constant pirate activity and lowered income.

Removing pirate activity from your colonies is practically impossible.  The moment you kill the pirate base that is the cause of it, a new one will respawn the next day and put it back on your colonies (because there are no other worlds left to torment).  Your best bet is to befriend the pirates (before you kill their core worlds) so that they do not raid your colonies at least.

Thanks to a bug that always fail sabotage events (if stability is at least 2), Pathers can be completely ignored.

As for income, if you made a million per month with all of the core worlds alive, you now make about 100K instead.  Your only recourse (to make more money) is to farm alpha cores from Ordos and build more and more colonies to get more income from many more instances of Population and Infrastructure.

Mondaymonkey

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2020, 11:56:25 AM »

I always was curious why there are no "antizombie" mod?

How hard could it be to make one?

Goumindong

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2020, 01:05:50 PM »

There are. Varya's sector has an option (on by default!?) where if a factions planets are all decivilized any actions by them will never spawn again.

SCC

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2020, 02:51:55 PM »

It was nice in 0.9, when you could wipe the sector clean, recolonise and still have money from economy going on. Too bad internal exports are gone now to "buff" gamma cores...

Shad

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2020, 02:15:54 AM »

It was nice in 0.9, when you could wipe the sector clean, recolonise and still have money from economy going on. Too bad internal exports are gone now to "buff" gamma cores...
I treat independents as my "vassals" of sorts. They provide the export market.

Megas

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2020, 06:48:57 AM »

Part of the problem of keeping few worlds in core alive (aside from pirates) is they are highly vulnerable to pirate raids.  In case of indies, they are small, and if you do not defend them from non-stop pirate raids, they will decivilize on their own.

The main reason for me to kill all of the core worlds is to eliminate the babysitting.  Spending most of my playtime chasing pirates because core worlds cannot defend themselves, not to mention the core worlds thank me by sending their gigantic invasion fleets at my colonies (which means more time wasted either defending my colonies and/or grinding up rep), is plenty of incentive to kill-'em-all.  If I sat bomb worlds, the indies turn hostile, and rather grind rep back up (not to mention I do not want to babysit them), they join the hitlist with the major factions as enemies to be destroyed too for getting in the way.  Indies should not turn hostile due to "atrocities" unless they were hit directly.

At first, I wanted to kill all of the core worlds because I wanted my character to be either the evil overlord who kills all opposition then rules the whole sector with an iron fist, or the omnicidal maniac who wants to destroy everything.  Now, my character is simply a space settler who wants to be left alone in the wilderness minding is own business of living life, but gets eventually fed up with the constant bullying and will make it stop by any means necessary (which means total core kill).
« Last Edit: July 25, 2020, 06:52:44 AM by Megas »

Mondaymonkey

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2020, 06:59:01 AM »

There are. Varya's sector has an option (on by default!?) where if a factions planets are all decivilized any actions by them will never spawn again.

Varya is huge mod with a thick layer of unwanted content. I believe, I am not alone in this thought.

Antizombie mod would be musthave for many, if it exist.