Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Author Topic: Questions about settings.json  (Read 1520 times)

Hiroyan495

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Questions about settings.json
« on: July 14, 2020, 12:39:45 AM »

I've encountered various settings in settings.json, and thought "hey, maybe I should look through Google for 5 hours", which gave me about a 75% success rate at finding what I want to know.
Now for the other questions I couldn't answer, I'm making this post here.

Can someone explain the functions of the following settings to me?

Spoiler
stockpileShortageCostMult

baseFleetSelectionRadius

noDeployCRPercent
noDeployCrewPercent
[close]

Additionally, I would like to know whether tweaking the range of "accessibilityDistFromCOM" or having, in theory, a shitton of comm sniffers installed, could cause much lag at all?

Da5id

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: Questions about settings.json
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2020, 09:29:41 PM »

Just a guess, but I bet  stockpileshortagecostmulti  is about how many goods a world of a given size needs to have available to fulfill a shortage they're experiencing.

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2020, 01:44:29 AM »

Without actually testing, here are my guesses:

stockpileShortageCostMult: Multiplier for the credit cost of commodities consumed with the colony's "use stockpiles during shortages" option

baseFleetSelectionRadius: Base size of a fleet circle on the campaign map? Dunno

noDeployCRPercent, noDeployCrewPercent: CR % and % of skeleton crew on ship (when fleet has insufficient crew) at which the ship cannot be deployed in combat

majorfreak

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2020, 05:54:42 PM »

base fleet selection radius is fun. well, for me i have 80 ship maximum so i find it hard to navigate the narrows between hyperspace storms. i think that's a fair trade off. it feels a bit ungainly for sure, but the nice thing is you get to see your ships spin about in a wider arc...sadly you don't see MORE ships doing that.

i do alot of settings.json tweaking.

as for multiple com sniffers, i'm definitely doing that. i have 7 currently ingame with a setting maximum of 10. after a while you tend to ignore the spam, and actually to tell you the truth, doing it this way allows one to realize that some systems are better left well alone (like aztlan. omg. 10000000 UNITS OF BLAH! [/exaggerate])...and i'm actually going to limit com sniffers back to default and focus on systems that ask for less (like corvus or galatia)