Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: I wanted to share my experience with nexerelin  (Read 2722 times)

Burvjradzite

• Commander
    • View Profile
I wanted to share my experience with nexerelin
« on: July 12, 2020, 05:12:10 AM »

List of mods
[close]
So, it's my second playthrough of Starsector, the first one was purely on vanilla, there I saturated bombard all other factions and claim "victory" — took a lot of fuel, btw.
And then I open mods for myself, read post about many, but picked few none a less balanced ones — later on I catch myself on a thought the only one who uses ships from mods is ai, but I like variety anyway, new weapons are 10/10 tho.
Final score
[close]
Got alliance with pirates and 9th bg — I regret nothing.
Remained factions
[close]
My fleet doctrine. Prototypes in ai calculations seem not working, but assisting a friendly fleet is super pleasing
[close]
Many of my planets, gotta do more ai-ones next time
[close]
My flag-ship. It a little bit too OP, but this ship showed me that player can do a lot with red skills on. Equipped with PEPPA-gun and a pirate Smart-gun, it can hunt down frigates, it can destroy capitals, it can even tank damage, super pleasant to pilot it
[close]

Okay, the story short, I started on a desert planet with income around 50k (own faction). I sold some useless for now industries like high command and bought some explorational fleet. I am already knew that exploration in this game is the most rewarding of them all — if not in terms of values, but in terms of good planets to colonize. After selling some blueprints and goods, I bought 1000 crew and two nebulas. Things went good, volanities and organics made me a first million credits, while agents (10 civ6 out of 10) build up relations with pirates and 9th bg. Then expeditions start happening and also — you know it, inspections.
A couple of colonized planets later, income grow up to 300k, nanoforge with orbital works.

Soon enough, I made an alliance with pirates and 9th bg, and I gotta say, they really helped a lot while I not having massive fleet to fight back or doing assaults. Church have invaded a good station in my core system belonged to remnants and I cannot do anything about it for a long time. Relations with other factions start to decrease rapidly.
I have scavenge and recover two Astrals with couple of d-mods, but with sharped with daggers and some modded bombers with trident-alike design — the beginning of the end. Also, I have repaired three Valkyries from raids against me.

The first to fall was PL because of randomness with relation changing — they sent about three extremely chonky revenge fleets after their factions was no more on the map. I grabbed their capital and send lesser planets to my alliance mates — mistake btw, it is better to give them to independents to not allow it to swap. Sierra-ai mvp.

Above conquest was the hardest, the deal with remaining factions was cat and mouse alike game. Only hegemony manage to retake couple of planets, but inevitably falls.

I wish if starsector has a difficulty scaler to give me more challenges beside a very start of the game.

P.S. Any mod addition suggestions for a 3th run?

Null Ganymede

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: I wanted to share my experience with nexerelin
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2020, 07:43:50 PM »

Faction-only runs can get difficult in the lategame. Ditto if you impose fleet theme or similar restrictions on yourself. Things like being selective with colonization, aligning yourself with specific factions only, etc.

Seita

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: I wanted to share my experience with nexerelin
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2020, 12:36:04 AM »

Can also try ruthless sector in starfarer mode if you’re using nexerelin. Second way options (mod) also adds time-scaled difficulties etc so even late game feels like you started with solo frigate. It is self harm and I love it.