Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Crew effect  (Read 1200 times)

BreekiJack

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Crew effect
« on: July 07, 2020, 05:04:41 AM »

Hi i'm new to the game

I wanted to ask something about crews. I see that some ship mods increase the crew you have on your ship (additional berthing). What's the point of this, but paying more wages ? Does crew size influence ship performance ?

Thanks !
« Last Edit: July 07, 2020, 07:02:10 AM by BreekiJack »

Mondaymonkey

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Crew effect
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2020, 07:23:37 AM »

There are situations, where you loose your crew. Taking hull damage, losing ships, losing piloted fighters, salvaging and etc...

So, yes, having a few more spare crew is not a bad thing, until you able to pay them salary. Sometimes you better pay more, than find yourself at the middle of nowhere with less than skeleton crew required, especially if your main power is carriers...

Additional berthing used either on battle ships to slight increase of crew limit (not to have a logistic crew ships in your fleet) or on a crew ships to maximize crew capabilities, usually for transporting marines for raids.

So, yes, it is a useful hullmod, but if your playstile does not require that - ignore it.

P.S. Welcome to the forum.
I dislike human beings... or I just do not know how to cook them well.

ubuntufreakdragon

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2020, 07:32:19 AM »

while exploring your total crew should be greater that 1000 and you should have at least 850 more than skeleton crew. (a freshly founded colony costs 1000 crew and offers ~150 crew as stockpile)
For raids you need many marines especially without skills, and there is a point when you wish for capital blueprints and a pristine nanoforge, this may require up to 6000 marines if you don't want a full war.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2020, 07:33:58 AM by ubuntufreakdragon »

BreekiJack

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2020, 09:24:12 AM »

Ok thanks a lot for your help !