Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 77 78 [79] 80 81 ... 106

Author Topic: [0.97a] Arma Armatura v3.0.5 BETA [2/8/24]  (Read 653894 times)

Killsode

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Arma Armatura v2.2.3 - Mechs/Fighters, wings with personality
« Reply #1170 on: April 28, 2023, 05:09:55 AM »

Currently, there are 4 new destroyers (technicaly, one is a skin of an existing mech, tho) that will be added.

OOOOOOOO i'm very much looking forwards to this, are they all new mechs or might there be a AA carrier-destroyer in there?

Zr0Potential

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1171 on: April 29, 2023, 05:54:39 AM »

Currently, there are 4 new destroyers (technicaly, one is a skin of an existing mech, tho) that will be added.

OOOOOOOO i'm very much looking forwards to this, are they all new mechs or might there be a AA carrier-destroyer in there?

Hooo yeah more AA original ships & fighter conversions pls

Brainwright

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1172 on: April 30, 2023, 11:14:23 AM »

I’d be tickled pink if the Watchdog got the P treatment.

hydremajor

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1173 on: April 30, 2023, 02:25:59 PM »

I’d be tickled pink if the Watchdog got the P treatment.

what would that even have ?

quad thumpers on the arms ?

and maybe a couple missile points in the chest ?

Killsode

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1174 on: May 01, 2023, 04:42:13 PM »

The return of the watchdog nipple cannons! XD

Brainwright

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1175 on: May 01, 2023, 06:51:48 PM »

what would that even have ?

quad thumpers on the arms ?

and maybe a couple missile points in the chest ?
Storm needler on one arm, devastator on the other.  The fortress shield can go for something like accelerated ammo feed.  Better for something more aggressive, anyway.

hydremajor

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1176 on: May 02, 2023, 10:37:37 AM »

Storm needler on one arm, devastator on the other.  The fortress shield can go for something like accelerated ammo feed.  Better for something more aggressive, anyway.

Eh feels like a Hegemony refit moreso than pirate

Mikey D. Honk

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Aleste's Anti-Ship Quadruple length Moonlight Sword [BUG]
« Reply #1177 on: May 02, 2023, 03:04:01 PM »

I believe to have found a bug for the Aleste's Moonlight sword. Which at least quadruples in its length and makes it absurdly useful in fights.

Conditons: In my fleet I heavily utilize UAF warships and civilian utility ships such as 2 large UAF freighters and a single Wo-class fuel ship. However these ships are only modded with logistic hull mods. My warships on the other hand consist of a single Reisen with Integrated Targeting Unit. 2 Akatsuzuma's with ITU, 2 Exoria's (carriers) with ITU, and 4 Lovela destroyers also with ITU.

The Aleste has 5 built-in S-mods; Armored Weapon Mounts, Auxiliary Thrusters, Blast Doors, Flux Distributor, and Hardened Subsystems. On the left arm is a laser rifle and on the right is an additonal laser blade. On its shoulders are 2 railguns. I utilize Better Deserved S-Mods for extra effect on all my ships. I use an Alpha Core and a Plasma Dynamo on the Aleste, followed with Integrated Targeting Unit.

From what I've gathered, once deploying into battle by itself, the Aleste's Moonlight swords are of normal length plus the meagre 10% range from ITU. However, when all the other ships are deployed suddenly the Aleste's Moonlight sword has quadrupled in length and thus making the mech absurdly useful at wiping out anything.

And I just did some testing and the Quadrupled effect only seems to happen when the carriers are deployed. Which porobably means the Aleste's Strikecraft feature is shared with the carriers somehow. Edit: -with the ITU effect stacked or combined somehow
« Last Edit: May 02, 2023, 03:08:31 PM by Mikey D. Honk »

Killsode

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Aleste's Anti-Ship Quadruple length Moonlight Sword [BUG]
« Reply #1178 on: May 03, 2023, 08:38:39 AM »

when the carriers are deployed.

Your UAF carriers must have some kind of fighter weapon range increasing ability. i havent used the mod myself yet, but you'd do well to check through their hullmods and ship systems for any mentions of fighter weaponry.

Brainwright

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1179 on: May 03, 2023, 02:15:47 PM »

Eh feels like a Hegemony refit moreso than pirate

Freeing up the weapon slots is what was done with the Einhander (P), so I’d love to see it for the Watchdog, too.

Yoshiquest

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1180 on: May 03, 2023, 02:48:36 PM »

To the person who made the Diable Avionics addon: it no longer seems to be working. The game crashes as soon as the loading bar is full.

Mikey D. Honk

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1181 on: May 03, 2023, 04:38:47 PM »

when the carriers are deployed.

Your UAF carriers must have some kind of fighter weapon range increasing ability. i havent used the mod myself yet, but you'd do well to check through their hullmods and ship systems for any mentions of fighter weaponry.

So I think its coming from the Better Deserved S Mods. On my carriers I have both of them running a Fleet Tactical Relay (Dealmaker Holosuit), and its passive ability is that it extends the range of nonmissile weapons by 10%. When linked with another that has a FTR increases the range by a maximum of 50%.

But 50% max increase still wouldn't lengthen the blade by 4 of itself.

Brainwright

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1182 on: May 03, 2023, 06:03:13 PM »

Quote from: Mikey D. Honk link=topic=18751.msg394136#msg394136
By the way, it's a long-standing bug/feature that a combination of PDAI hullmod and point defense skill with elite status will do this.

Frankly, I thought the blade was made standard to give the Aleste a good PD option.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2023, 06:07:36 PM by Brainwright »

hydremajor

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1183 on: May 03, 2023, 11:08:38 PM »

Quote from: Mikey D. Honk link=topic=18751.msg394136#msg394136
By the way, it's a long-standing bug/feature that a combination of PDAI hullmod and point defense skill with elite status will do this.

Frankly, I thought the blade was made standard to give the Aleste a good PD option.

*laughs in flamer/blade/Atropos interceptor*

SpaceDrake

• Captain
  • Piloting space mecha for fun and profit(?)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1184 on: May 06, 2023, 11:58:19 AM »

So, because I know my fellow mech-heads are probably curious:

Arma will boot and sort of work cleanly in Starsector 0.96a, so long as you use the last version MagicLib released for 0.95.1 (which was 0.46.1), which does work in .96a.

However, Wisp is making some serious (and fairly necessary) heavy changes to MagicLib's structure for the new series of updates to MagicLib that are going to be in .96a, and the current release version of Arma is completely incompatible with that. So using the current version of Arma also locks you out of any updates to MagicLib, as well as any updated-for-.96 versions of MagicLib-dependent mods, until Arma is updated.

There are also a few bugs. Most notable is that you can't get strikecraft to dock with carriers; the rest of the fighter-like behavior still works, but trying to dock just makes the strikecraft drift past and then go into normal auto-battle behavior. Perhaps relatedly, the Strikecraft and SILVERSWORD hullmod tooltips will crash when brought up via mouseover. Needless to say, this defeats some of the purpose of the Strikecraft-based ships.

(EDIT: One more big thing is that, predictably, WINGCOM isn't quite working right; it's another crashing tooltip on refit, and pilots don't show up on the intel screen (though it doesn't crash). They do seem to mostly work in combat, though, and it doesn't... seem like they cause crashes? Oh my god I'm so stupid for even trying this.)

Everything else, though, functions basically how it should; Cataphracts still help with raids, all of the selectable weapons on various mechs work fine, the actual SILVERSWORD ship system on the Valkazard and Garegga works fine, the Valka's drug-dodge works, et cetera. If you can get around those problems (by sticking to mobile armors, for example), then the mod is mostly functional.

Still, what's needed to make it work will limit your other modding options, so unless you just absolutely cannot live without the mod (hi hello), it's best to wait until a proper .96 update with new MagicLib compatibility comes out, or just stick to .95.1 for now.

(But then how am I supposed to get my mechs involved with the Sindria stuff, which is just about the most Mecha Politics Starsector's ever gotten)
« Last Edit: May 06, 2023, 03:02:20 PM by SpaceDrake »
Pages: 1 ... 77 78 [79] 80 81 ... 106