Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 76 77 [78] 79 80 ... 106

Author Topic: [0.97a] Arma Armatura v3.0.5 BETA [2/8/24]  (Read 653666 times)

abcellm

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Arma Armatura v2.2.3 - Mechs/Fighters, wings with personality
« Reply #1155 on: March 18, 2023, 07:05:20 AM »

Love the BA Assault Pod, need more of similar weapons!!! ;D

Killsode

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1156 on: March 18, 2023, 11:46:59 AM »

Got a hullmod conflict question. I just found a salvage Aleste mk II that had safety overrides and Advanced Optics (not AA) built in. because its got AO built it, AO-AA is always applied as well, so it has BOTH... how is this resolved?

Ranger Dimitri

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1157 on: March 20, 2023, 09:48:36 AM »

Pretty sure the Arma Armatura version of Advanced Optics is just a one off thing, if you ask me it should have it's own modspec item properly included so you can use it aside from the normal Advanced Optics mod. As it stands you can't really remove it or anything like that and expect to be able to apply it again. It's a somewhat weaker version of the standard Advanced Optics mod in that it has less of a range bonus, but not as much of a malus to turn rate either. Not sure how well that applies to the swordsman Aleste you get in Nekki though.

Killsode

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1158 on: March 20, 2023, 01:00:55 PM »

Pretty sure the Arma Armatura version of Advanced Optics is just a one off thing, if you ask me it should have it's own modspec item properly included so you can use it aside from the normal Advanced Optics mod. As it stands you can't really remove it or anything like that and expect to be able to apply it again. It's a somewhat weaker version of the standard Advanced Optics mod in that it has less of a range bonus, but not as much of a malus to turn rate either. Not sure how well that applies to the swordsman Aleste you get in Nekki though.

No it's meant as a complete replacement to AO because the moonlight only has a range of 80... with normal AO the moonlight gets some extreme ranged compared to without.
Btw, it appears that both mods will stack ontop of each other, my moonlights have a range of around 350.

I would like to request that this interaction with Built in AO isnt overridden. its very rare to find an aleste with AO built in, and tbh its a quite fun reward for getting so lucky.

Killsode

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1159 on: March 22, 2023, 02:02:34 AM »

It would appear that the BA assault pods can hold up combat, they count as enemies and dont seem to have a timer on how long they'll stick around. But i suppose they are in development content aye? XD

Maethendias

• Commander
  • Esteemed Warlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #1160 on: April 13, 2023, 01:39:45 AM »

this looks really cool, but also like it could introduce a TON of bloat into my game

how bloaty is this mod?

are the, uh, "crewable fighters" exclusive to their respective wings? or are all wings now crewable and have to be managed manually?

SpaceDrake

• Captain
  • Piloting space mecha for fun and profit(?)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1161 on: April 13, 2023, 02:38:26 AM »

this looks really cool, but also like it could introduce a TON of bloat into my game

how bloaty is this mod?

are the, uh, "crewable fighters" exclusive to their respective wings? or are all wings now crewable and have to be managed manually?

The player-pilotable fighters are essentially frigates with fighter-like properties. The "crewed" fighters that the WINGCOM system provides have their own little Intel screen tab, but you can just ignore it entirely if you like and let the pilots that get assigned to a given officer do their thing.

The mod really isn't very bloaty at all, compared to most. It adds a good assortment of frigates, a few somewhat larger vessels, no capitals, and exactly one system to the Core Worlds and one system to the "fringe" of the Core Worlds. It's smaller in that regard than most faction mods; certainly it's more svelte than something like, say, UAF or Interstellar Imperium.

Lessyloo

• Ensign
  • Susky Husky
    • View Profile
« Reply #1162 on: April 20, 2023, 09:39:52 PM »

I cam across the BA Assault Pod for sale from the High-End Seller at Prism Freeport, but given it's functionality or lack thereof I'm gonna take a wild guess it's not suppose to be for sale?

shoi

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1163 on: April 21, 2023, 01:49:09 AM »

it is not

SpaceDrake

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1164 on: April 21, 2023, 08:59:24 AM »

Speaking of, had a bug report and some feedback.

So, w/r/t Nexerelin support, during the "tutorial" invasion at least, it appears that the Cataphract Strike option is available even without a Fenris in the fleet. I haven't had a chance to try a full invasion without one just yet, so I'm not sure if the bug is omnipresent. But it's definitely there in that circumstance - I was able to repeat it across multiple saves.

For feedback, I have to say that I'm... definitely not a fan of the Valkazard's defense fleet on non-Valk starts being as big as it is now, because in the end? The reward isn't worth the effort.

Like, make no mistake, I'm a huge fan of the Valkazard, it's one of my favorite mod superfrigates (well, essentially-frigate) and its start is the exact flavor of start I love, but it isn't so impactful that it needs to be locked behind a 300+ DP fleet of Redacted. At that point, you've essentially assembled your end-game fleet already and are mostly picking it up as a vanity item, which especially given that there appear(?) to be plans to attach a bit of a Questline™ to it, doesn't feel especially rewarding or impactful. Remember that the Planetary Shield colony item, a huge power multiplier for colonies, is guarded by only about 100-150 DP of ships, albeit one that's guaranteed to be a nasty Redacted capital. If anything, I feel like that's where the sweet spot for Valkazard acquisition would/should be; guarded by a Big Nasty Thing to make jetting over immediately to pick it up a dicey proposition at best, but not so huge and powerful a force that you can only contemplate going for it in the late game.

Still, this is all just from where I sit, and I don't have any idea what your long-term plans are or anything; this might all be part of an intended larger plan! But as the mod exists right now, in the moment, it doesn't feel great.

Malice

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1165 on: April 23, 2023, 05:19:39 PM »

Hello, this mod really made me addicted to crazy boi Valkazard-class cataphract and he's carry me through nearly 3 runs, but I encountered the issue [not a skill] with WIGCOM hullmod  disappearance  I have unlocked probably all schematics but none of them are show up and I have Fenris(D) class with officer and fighters but it's just not appear, if someone probably know some mod conflicts or something about this, please help me.   

SpaceDrake

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1166 on: April 23, 2023, 05:23:51 PM »

It's something a bit stupid with how the game sorts faction hullmods. Do you see that "Arma Armatura" tab under the list of hullmods? You've got to click that to make the Wingcom hullmod (and the OVERLORD hullmods) show up.

Don't feel bad if you missed it; it's incredibly easy to overlook and the interface isn't very clear about it.

Malice

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1167 on: April 23, 2023, 05:34:57 PM »

It's something a bit stupid with how the game sorts faction hullmods. Do you see that "Arma Armatura" tab under the list of hullmods? You've got to click that to make the Wingcom hullmod (and the OVERLORD hullmods) show up.

Don't feel bad if you missed it; it's incredibly easy to overlook and the interface isn't very clear about it.
Wow, actually I didn't think about that I have other 15 + hullmods for entire 100 hours for certain lmao, big thanks.

Brainwright

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1168 on: April 23, 2023, 06:48:02 PM »

I've been having a problem for the past two versions where the einhander (p) flames out while phased and the ship still takes damage from incoming fire.  Quite annoying, really.

Also, the changes to docking make installing safety overrides a bit ridiculous.  Strikecraft keep returning to dock because the PO is still running down.

It's a shame, because SO feels so right on these craft, even the Einhander.

shoi

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1169 on: April 26, 2023, 06:17:11 PM »

Speaking of, had a bug report and some feedback.

So, w/r/t Nexerelin support, during the "tutorial" invasion at least, it appears that the Cataphract Strike option is available even without a Fenris in the fleet. I haven't had a chance to try a full invasion without one just yet, so I'm not sure if the bug is omnipresent. But it's definitely there in that circumstance - I was able to repeat it across multiple saves.

For feedback, I have to say that I'm... definitely not a fan of the Valkazard's defense fleet on non-Valk starts being as big as it is now, because in the end? The reward isn't worth the effort.

Like, make no mistake, I'm a huge fan of the Valkazard, it's one of my favorite mod superfrigates (well, essentially-frigate) and its start is the exact flavor of start I love, but it isn't so impactful that it needs to be locked behind a 300+ DP fleet of Redacted. At that point, you've essentially assembled your end-game fleet already and are mostly picking it up as a vanity item, which especially given that there appear(?) to be plans to attach a bit of a Questline™ to it, doesn't feel especially rewarding or impactful. Remember that the Planetary Shield colony item, a huge power multiplier for colonies, is guarded by only about 100-150 DP of ships, albeit one that's guaranteed to be a nasty Redacted capital. If anything, I feel like that's where the sweet spot for Valkazard acquisition would/should be; guarded by a Big Nasty Thing to make jetting over immediately to pick it up a dicey proposition at best, but not so huge and powerful a force that you can only contemplate going for it in the late game.

Still, this is all just from where I sit, and I don't have any idea what your long-term plans are or anything; this might all be part of an intended larger plan! But as the mod exists right now, in the moment, it doesn't feel great.

Avanitia  pinged me about the huge DP fleet guarding valk a while ago, I think I lowered the amount in dev for now, but i'll probably end changing how you can acquire it if you don't start w/ valk.

Thanks for the report about the fenris ability bug. more than likely, im checking for ships with cataphract hullmod and skipping the check for fenris somehow. Maybe I can preserve the behavior but buff the ability if you have Fenris present.

For a small progress report, i've been implementing a bunch of stuff Selkie (co-author of Iron Shell) has given me. It's taken a bit longer than I would have liked since i've had to split my attention between modding and a few other things, but most implementation is complete, and i'm currently doing a bit of testing before I let it loose to a wider audience for more feedback. Hopefully, this shouldn't take much longer. Currently, there are 4 new destroyers (technicaly, one is a skin of an existing mech, tho) that will be added. In the meantime, somoene showed me this cool fanart of valkazard made by Government-Monkey on reddit. cheers

I've been having a problem for the past two versions where the einhander (p) flames out while phased and the ship still takes damage from incoming fire.  Quite annoying, really.

weird, ill look into it when i get a chacne
Pages: 1 ... 76 77 [78] 79 80 ... 106