Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 75 76 [77] 78 79 ... 106

Author Topic: [0.97a] Arma Armatura v3.0.5 BETA [2/8/24]  (Read 654008 times)

hydremajor

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Arma Armatura v2.2.3 - Mechs/Fighters, wings with personality
« Reply #1140 on: March 06, 2023, 06:15:07 AM »

So that comic got me thinking, ever thought of making this into a full fledged faction mod ? with quests and the likes like UAF and the like ?

MrNage

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Arma Armatura v2.1.3 - Playable Fighters, wings with personality
« Reply #1141 on: March 06, 2023, 06:56:47 AM »

- WINGCOM
   - Pilots have a small chance to level past threshold for max officer level, up to level 12
   - Level up chance increases as number of engagements (consecutive battles before victory/retreat) ship is involved in increases

I have a question concerning this mechanic. Is it influenced by the number of DP the enemy fleet has, or is it based solely on the # of consecutive engagements? I've faced numerous endgame-sized bounty fleets, and almost all my pilots have so far reached level 6 a while ago, but so far no higher than that. I guess that engagements where the enemy orders a full retreat would definitely count; not sure concerning a player retreat. If it's the former, then the enemy fleet/s themselves would have to be big enough for them to retreat then re-engage multiple times, and in my case their size is already pushing it.

shoi

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1142 on: March 07, 2023, 11:45:50 PM »

So that comic got me thinking, ever thought of making this into a full fledged faction mod ? with quests and the likes like UAF and the like ?

the tl;dr is that I doubt i'll ever go the full faction route, but I do want to expand to at least include some quest content and possibly expand the presence of the arma corp on the campaign layer.  if / when that happens, ill make an arma lite or something for the ppl who just want wingcom/strikecraft support

- WINGCOM
   - Pilots have a small chance to level past threshold for max officer level, up to level 12
   - Level up chance increases as number of engagements (consecutive battles before victory/retreat) ship is involved in increases

I have a question concerning this mechanic. Is it influenced by the number of DP the enemy fleet has, or is it based solely on the # of consecutive engagements? I've faced numerous endgame-sized bounty fleets, and almost all my pilots have so far reached level 6 a while ago, but so far no higher than that. I guess that engagements where the enemy orders a full retreat would definitely count; not sure concerning a player retreat. If it's the former, then the enemy fleet/s themselves would have to be big enough for them to retreat then re-engage multiple times, and in my case their size is already pushing it.

I walked back on this almost immediately, I think, but never added it to the changelog maybe. Level 6 pilots is pretty strong as is, but letting them go all the way up to twelve (even with a minuscle chance per pilot) quickly proved to be absurdly OP, especially since you can convert them to officers...

Normal level up chance is still increased by number of consecutive engagements, though (it probably should be affected by amount of DP destroyed as well in some way though)

MrNage

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1143 on: March 08, 2023, 09:56:19 AM »

By the way, does OVERLORD account for drone conversions for crewed fighters?

Chynya

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1144 on: March 11, 2023, 11:14:29 PM »

https://imgur.com/a/p0mLOiX
Found a bug. If you name a callsign "C", C part of the "Callsign:" which comes before the callsign name becomes highlighted instead of the "C" callsign itself.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2023, 11:16:08 PM by Chynya »

Requiemfang

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1145 on: March 13, 2023, 06:19:20 PM »

I would like to thank you Shoi, had planned on watching Macross and this mod reminded me of it so much that I finally went and started watching it and it's other animes  ;D lmao

Killsode

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1146 on: March 14, 2023, 01:38:23 AM »

I just found a "BA assault pod" Large missile in a blackmarket weapon dealer's blueprint list, quite amusing. Would it be safe to use at all?
Edit: Sidenote, noticed in the files a 'valkazard emp smg' i dont know if its future or cut content, but i'd like to say my 2cents that i'd love to see it in use.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2023, 11:54:43 PM by Killsode »

SpaceDrake

• Captain
  • Piloting space mecha for fun and profit(?)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1147 on: March 14, 2023, 05:20:29 AM »

I love the revision to the Valkazard start. That's how you start a campaign of that sort!

However, are all strikecraft meant to get half-off their maintenance costs now? I don't see that anywhere on the tooltip, but it seems to be getting applied.

hydremajor

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1148 on: March 15, 2023, 01:50:41 PM »

It may sound like I'm being a armchair game designer here but how about a quest-line that eventually culminates in the player gaining control of the AA corporation and go full sieg Zeon on they ass ?

Daredevil

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1149 on: March 15, 2023, 05:44:35 PM »

BA-Pod + Venture + Fast Missile Racks = Fun Times

It also annihilates your framerate if you keep spawning more of them, naturally.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2023, 05:47:53 PM by Daredevil »

SpaceDrake

• Captain
  • Piloting space mecha for fun and profit(?)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1150 on: March 16, 2023, 12:53:03 AM »

Also, just a note, the new spawn for the initial TT attack in Sleeper mode can actually spawn small enough that it won't always move to aggress you due to point differential. Had that happen on a new game.

Deshara

• Admiral
  • Suggestion Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1151 on: March 16, 2023, 06:08:29 PM »

just tried this for the first time, it's much higher quality than i could have expected. genuinely amazing work. it doesnt fit my playthru but it make me realize that a 2d topdown armored core game would be amazing
Quote from: Deshara
I cant be blamed for what I said 5 minutes ago. I was a different person back then

AudaciousBS

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1152 on: March 16, 2023, 08:43:03 PM »

Is it known that the WINGCOM Suite doesn't work in modules of large ships? Only the core section will actually function as intended while any other modules will say that an officer needs to be assigned to the ship.

Killsode

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1153 on: March 17, 2023, 02:00:18 AM »

Huh, found a weird little... bug? with the Combat Drone Replicator you get from the Valkazard start, it doesnt stack with other Combat Drone Replicators.

MrNage

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1154 on: March 17, 2023, 09:10:08 PM »

By the way, does OVERLORD account for drone conversions for crewed fighters?

I guess a more pointed suggestion would be to count carriers whose Crew Loss Multiplier is at least 100% as having completely automated fighters and thus compatible with OVERLORD. From the mods that I use, hullmods that automate crewed fighters usually do so by setting the "fighter_crew_loss_mult" to zero.
Pages: 1 ... 75 76 [77] 78 79 ... 106