Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 74 75 [76] 77 78 ... 106

Author Topic: [0.97a] Arma Armatura v3.0.5 BETA [2/8/24]  (Read 653215 times)

shoi

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Arma Armatura v2.2.2 - Mechs/Fighters, wings with personality
« Reply #1125 on: February 23, 2023, 03:02:26 AM »

I'm a little confused, are you talking about the crash you had previously, or the one that quote of mine is talking about?

If it's about the portrait, this update should fix it. :) This is basically the dev build, with what is hopefully the portrait fix + dealing with another bug that may potentially appear in the future
V2.23

v2.2.3
------
- fixed filename issue with ceylon decos that could cause a potential issue when another mod updates
- Kouto
   -Minigun firerate has been lowered considerably
- added illustration for new meshan
- fix bad portrait name for Ceylon HVB
- added new hullmod icon for wingcom
- fixed buggy spriggan wing
- revised valken sprite, again
- fixed spriggan lpc not being sold
- fixed valken(p) not being sold
- added spriggan to cataphract bp
- added cataphract bps to arma sleeper start
- garegga dp: 10->9
- watchdog dp: 10->11
- fixed log clutter while iterating through dialogue keys
- fixed CTD that could occur due to misnamed deco weapon
- made initial encounter in valkazard start more FUN

Melcyna

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1126 on: February 23, 2023, 04:02:54 AM »

that is a good art...

Melcyna

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1127 on: February 23, 2023, 04:25:28 AM »

hmmm???
shoi, is it the wrong version by any chance?

the version file on the package says 2.2.1???

I thought I made a mistake or something but I downloaded it again just to double check and that seems to be the version on the link?

Requiemfang

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1128 on: February 23, 2023, 08:02:21 AM »

I'm a little confused, are you talking about the crash you had previously, or the one that quote of mine is talking about?

If it's about the portrait, this update should fix it. :) This is basically the dev build, with what is hopefully the portrait fix + dealing with another bug that may potentially appear in the future
V2.23

v2.2.3
------
- fixed filename issue with ceylon decos that could cause a potential issue when another mod updates
- Kouto
   -Minigun firerate has been lowered considerably
- added illustration for new meshan
- fix bad portrait name for Ceylon HVB
- added new hullmod icon for wingcom
- fixed buggy spriggan wing
- revised valken sprite, again
- fixed spriggan lpc not being sold
- fixed valken(p) not being sold
- added spriggan to cataphract bp
- added cataphract bps to arma sleeper start
- garegga dp: 10->9
- watchdog dp: 10->11
- fixed log clutter while iterating through dialogue keys
- fixed CTD that could occur due to misnamed deco weapon
- made initial encounter in valkazard start more FUN

sorry bout that, I quoted that post in my post to point out I was using the dev version.

shoi

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1129 on: February 23, 2023, 08:32:17 AM »

Ahh, okay!

hmmm???
shoi, is it the wrong version by any chance?

the version file on the package says 2.2.1???

I thought I made a mistake or something but I downloaded it again just to double check and that seems to be the version on the link?
Just downloaded to verify, but im not seeing that. Shows in 2.23 in .version file and mod list

hydremajor

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Arma Armatura v2.2.3 - Mechs/Fighters, wings with personality
« Reply #1130 on: February 24, 2023, 01:54:51 AM »

So wich mech is it in the picture ?

hydremajor

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1131 on: February 25, 2023, 01:43:52 PM »

Altagrave in mission refit is all kinds of mangled right now, its missing a leg and showing pieces of the spriggan and showing a missile mount from the spriggan

shoi

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1132 on: February 26, 2023, 08:31:51 AM »

Altagrave in mission refit is all kinds of mangled right now, its missing a leg and showing pieces of the spriggan and showing a missile mount from the spriggan

Was that in the showcase mission? I wasn't able to reproduce just now, but i'll try again later.

Anyway, someone showed me this earlier and I figured i'd share. very cool!
credit:10taiSenshi

dk1332

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1133 on: February 26, 2023, 05:52:27 PM »

Heya Shoi, I have been running with the new update and i noticed something, I promoted at least 3 wingcom pilots into ship commanders , It took me a while to realize that after promoting them, their spots are now empty, Making the wingcom wings just regular fighter wings. I tried hovering my cursor to the wingcom hullmod and its still empty unlike the previous versions where doing it assigns a new pilot.

Spoiler

Was that in the showcase mission? I wasn't able to reproduce just now, but i'll try again later.

[close]

Also, nice comic.

atom_02

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1134 on: February 28, 2023, 12:08:09 PM »

hiya,

i really enjoy the squadron levelling aspect of this but the engagement range reduction is something i would like to remove (i basically just want this to add some personality to my squadrons with the levelling up feature, chatter etc etc). I'm not worried about things being 'op' or whatever, i'm just having fun with the game sandbox.

I've dug around the files and changed the values of the reduction in the script file to test etc, but i can't seem to get it to work - could anyone suggest a way to achieve this? is there another file to change? i can't find a reference to one in the hullmod file

thanks in advance!

Chryvrius

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1135 on: March 03, 2023, 04:51:54 PM »

Hey hey! Reporting in a mild English error on the Overlord Suite hullmods

On the first line of the details, it reads
"Assigning an AI Core to this vessel will grant it's wing all the skills the core possesses"

The highlighted "it's" reads as "it is", which would make the sentence awkwardly read as "grant it is wing".  The corrected sentence would read like the following;

"Assigning an AI Core to this vessel will grant its wing all the skills core possesses."

Hopefully I presented this is a non-offensive way that isn't too confusing. Thanks for the awesome mod!

Baren

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1136 on: March 05, 2023, 06:31:59 PM »

There is a peculiar bug with the weapon 'BA assault pod'. First thing to note. I'm not sure if I'm supposed to be able to get this weapon. I got it from an illegal arms trader. But it has no description so maybe its just isn't fully implemented yet.

Regardless. Whenever I completely destroyed the enemy fleet. The game still won't let me claim victory if the pods spawned by the weapon are all still alive. I found this out by manually destroying every pod by myself. When the last pod was destroyed. The the message 'the enemy is defeated' appeared.

shoi

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1137 on: March 05, 2023, 09:58:32 PM »

Heya Shoi, I have been running with the new update and i noticed something, I promoted at least 3 wingcom pilots into ship commanders , It took me a while to realize that after promoting them, their spots are now empty, Making the wingcom wings just regular fighter wings. I tried hovering my cursor to the wingcom hullmod and its still empty unlike the previous versions where doing it assigns a new pilot.

Spoiler

[close]

Also, nice comic.

mmm, strange, i wasnt able to reproduce, but I will look into it.

hiya,

i really enjoy the squadron levelling aspect of this but the engagement range reduction is something i would like to remove (i basically just want this to add some personality to my squadrons with the levelling up feature, chatter etc etc). I'm not worried about things being 'op' or whatever, i'm just having fun with the game sandbox.

I've dug around the files and changed the values of the reduction in the script file to test etc, but i can't seem to get it to work - could anyone suggest a way to achieve this? is there another file to change? i can't find a reference to one in the hullmod file

thanks in advance!

you need to compile the modified script and then replace the current one that lives in the armaa.jar

Hey hey! Reporting in a mild English error on the Overlord Suite hullmods

On the first line of the details, it reads
"Assigning an AI Core to this vessel will grant it's wing all the skills the core possesses"

The highlighted "it's" reads as "it is", which would make the sentence awkwardly read as "grant it is wing".  The corrected sentence would read like the following;

"Assigning an AI Core to this vessel will grant its wing all the skills core possesses."

Hopefully I presented this is a non-offensive way that isn't too confusing. Thanks for the awesome mod!

thanks!

There is a peculiar bug with the weapon 'BA assault pod'. First thing to note. I'm not sure if I'm supposed to be able to get this weapon. I got it from an illegal arms trader. But it has no description so maybe its just isn't fully implemented yet.

Regardless. Whenever I completely destroyed the enemy fleet. The game still won't let me claim victory if the pods spawned by the weapon are all still alive. I found this out by manually destroying every pod by myself. When the last pod was destroyed. The the message 'the enemy is defeated' appeared.

thats a wip  not meant to be obtainable, it causes that issue since the pod 'missile'  spawn a ship under the enemies side (hence battle never ending until they explode)

dk1332

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1138 on: March 06, 2023, 12:03:56 AM »

Weirdly enough it fixed itself. Still not sure what caused it.

Also found this "Weapon", Not gonna lie its pretty interesting. I found one on some salvaged station and got curious. The Drone fighters in it are pretty cool, wish we can get an LPC version of those. I stopped using it after the bug you mentioned, besides, the weapon's description did mention that you shouldn't be able to have one.

Another thing I found is that strike-wing units don't launch from ships with "Converted Hangar bay" hull mod, they can still land to repair themselves. This isn't much of an issue mid-late game but one of arma's starter ships is the Valkyrie(CV) which has that hullmod. Is this intended?

Baren

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1139 on: March 06, 2023, 05:07:59 AM »

I'm still playing around with the BA assault pod (because goddammit. They are too thematically perfect with my fleet of fenris carriers) and I feel like its worth noting that the bug only happens when you're going against enemies that are programmed to never retreat (remnants, bounty fleets, blade breakers, etc). If you're going against a normal enemy. The battle goes on just fine. Though there will be a wacky thing in the end which I guess relates to what shoi said. Where all your surviving pods will simultaneously retreat instantly.
Pages: 1 ... 74 75 [76] 77 78 ... 106