Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 106

Author Topic: [0.97a] Arma Armatura v3.0.5 BETA [2/8/24]  (Read 653107 times)

Killsode

• Captain
    • View Profile

The Altgrave EX is amazing but I can't use it bc of the reloading sound effect. I'm not sure if it is bugged but it's really loud and gets spammed every 0.5 seconds. Even if I'm not piloting it I can't escape the sound effect.

it is an amazing ship, i think you could possibly fix it by either deleting the sound "Shotgun_cock.ogg" in ss-armaa-2.1.1\sounds\armaa, or by adjusting the sound's audio.

Space Cowboy

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile

The Altgrave EX is amazing but I can't use it bc of the reloading sound effect. I'm not sure if it is bugged but it's really loud and gets spammed every 0.5 seconds. Even if I'm not piloting it I can't escape the sound effect.

it is an amazing ship, i think you could possibly fix it by either deleting the sound "Shotgun_cock.ogg" in ss-armaa-2.1.1\sounds\armaa, or by adjusting the sound's audio.

That gives me a fatal error saying shotgun_cock.ogg not found of failed to load  :( It was worth a shot though.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2022, 08:38:42 AM by Space Cowboy »

Brainwright

• Admiral
    • View Profile

That gives me a fatal error saying shotgun_cock.ogg not found of failed to load  :( It was worth a shot though.

Download Audacity, use it to open shotgun_cock.ogg, and use the slider next to the sound file to modify the gain by -15dB.  Then export it back to the original folder, overwrite the original, and it should be significantly quieter.

The sound the EX uses sounds distorted compared to the file in /sounds/armaa, so this may have been a matter of that distortion causing the volume to increase.  It may make the shotgun racking sound inaubible in other areas.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2022, 09:39:35 AM by Brainwright »

Space Cowboy

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile

Download Audacity, use it to open shotgun_cock.ogg, and use the slider next to the sound file to modify the gain by -15dB.  Then export it back to the original folder, overwrite the original, and it should be significantly quieter.

The sound the EX uses sounds distorted compared to the file in /sounds/armaa, so this may have been a matter of that distortion causing the volume to increase.  It may make the shotgun racking sound inaubible in other areas.

That did the trick, thank you!

shoi

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Arma Armatura v2.1.1 - Playable Fighters, wings with personality
« Reply #904 on: August 01, 2022, 01:26:19 PM »

thats really weird cause I remember someone telling me about this earlier (like months ago), and replacing the sound..srry about that, it'll just be removed in the next update

G doesn't spawn anymore since the default version can swap to its weapon now, making it mostly obsolete. C isn't obtainable from the market but can be found by the historian / as a rare BP.

I'd really like the G to get the weapon swap.  I tend to find it the most survivable of the not-broken Altagraves (not a coincidence it has a special system like the EX).

But just the grenade launcher is really awful.

I'll add it in next update.

Brainwright

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #905 on: August 01, 2022, 01:30:24 PM »

I'll add it in next update.

Maybe add the Valkyrie CV into the Arma Armatura market's rotation, too?  Pretty please?

shoi

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #906 on: August 01, 2022, 02:32:15 PM »

It already is, though that was a very recent change - probably within the last 1-2 updates.  :)

Killsode

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Arma Armatura v2.1 - Playable Fighters, wings with personality
« Reply #907 on: August 01, 2022, 05:36:59 PM »

G doesn't spawn anymore since the default version can swap to its weapon now, making it mostly obsolete. C isn't obtainable from the market but can be found by the historian / as a rare BP.

I'd really like the G to get the weapon swap.  I tend to find it the most survivable of the not-broken Altagraves (not a coincidence it has a special system like the EX).

But just the grenade launcher is really awful.

The Vajra didnt seem all that great to be either, but it back when i last used it the shots were pathetically easy to stop. Now it's got some juicy DPS, but an equally heavy flux cost.
Sidenote, moonlight++ is awesome, although its currently limited to just the base altagrave which pretty much just uses it to swat fighters or over-eager frigates, could we see it on some of the other altagrave variants too?

Brainwright

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #908 on: August 01, 2022, 08:47:15 PM »

It already is, though that was a very recent change - probably within the last 1-2 updates.  :)

Yay!   ;D

The Vajra didnt seem all that great to be either, but it back when i last used it the shots were pathetically easy to stop. Now it's got some juicy DPS, but an equally heavy flux cost.
Sidenote, moonlight++ is awesome, although its currently limited to just the base altagrave which pretty much just uses it to swat fighters or over-eager frigates, could we see it on some of the other altagrave variants too?

The Vajra is good because it's a PD weapon.  The Altagrave is already vulnerable enough with its fairly weak shield arc, something to pick off those Salamanders and fighters is a must.  Then the other slots are free to be whatever.  It's pure utility.

For which, the Moonlight++ is also a good addition!  Really, there needs to be more swords all around.

I might even make a few new ships myself...

Killsode

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #909 on: August 02, 2022, 12:30:11 AM »

The Vajra is good because it's a PD weapon.  The Altagrave is already vulnerable enough with its fairly weak shield arc, something to pick off those Salamanders and fighters is a must.  Then the other slots are free to be whatever.  It's pure utility.

hehe, a 1167 (525) energy/s, 1283 (578) flux/s pd weapon? off those stats along the vajra is actually an incredible main weapon, the base altagrave juuustt doesnt quite have enough flux to use the thing in combat.

Brainwright

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #910 on: August 02, 2022, 05:55:06 AM »

hehe, a 1167 (525) energy/s, 1283 (578) flux/s pd weapon? off those stats along the vajra is actually an incredible main weapon, the base altagrave juuustt doesnt quite have enough flux to use the thing in combat.

And all of the other mounts are fixed forward, leaving only the built in PD weapon, which is not sufficient.  Lots of ships are built in sub-optimal ways.  What's your point?

Killsode

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #911 on: August 03, 2022, 12:17:03 AM »

And all of the other mounts are fixed forward, leaving only the built in PD weapon, which is not sufficient.  Lots of ships are built in sub-optimal ways.  What's your point?

er, that its like using a storm needler for PD? i'm having a laugh mate. And remember the altagrave has its hunter-killer drones too, as little as they do XD.

More seriously, my point is that the vajra seems too flux-intensive for the base altagrave, its continuous flux of 578 is literally only 22 short from the ship's max vent of 600. in practical terms if you're using it you need to mount missiles in your synergy and universal slots, because you simply do not have the flux to supply anything else without overloading under minimal fire.

Sidenote, are there any plans to give the other altragrave variants the moonlight++ or the extra 2 small missile slots the base variant has?

Brainwright

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #912 on: August 03, 2022, 07:57:27 AM »

er, that its like using a storm needler for PD? i'm having a laugh mate. And remember the altagrave has its hunter-killer drones too, as little as they do XD.

More seriously, my point is that the vajra seems too flux-intensive for the base altagrave, its continuous flux of 578 is literally only 22 short from the ship's max vent of 600. in practical terms if you're using it you need to mount missiles in your synergy and universal slots, because you simply do not have the flux to supply anything else without overloading under minimal fire.

Sidenote, are there any plans to give the other altragrave variants the moonlight++ or the extra 2 small missile slots the base variant has?

Yeah, I ain't laughing because you're not funny.  The Vajra does a handy job of taking down fighters before they start disabling systems, like the engines which seem to flame out in a light breeze.

Killsode

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #913 on: August 03, 2022, 08:34:30 AM »

Yeah, I ain't laughing because you're not funny.  The Vajra does a handy job of taking down fighters before they start disabling systems, like the engines which seem to flame out in a light breeze.

cool... i dont care?

I find myself overload more than i flame out. The grenade launcher can pop fighters with similar ease if you have range indicators turned on.

Although on the note of fighters, could the KARMA system have an effect against them? It could 'absorb' some energy or hull from fighters, or perhaps just smack them with a bit of EMP. Kind of like Apex Design Collective's Mamba.

Gundamfan

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #914 on: August 04, 2022, 07:29:10 PM »

Does anyone know where can I edit the WingCom Suite hullmod?
40% reduction range to Fighters is a bit too much...
Can it be 15%?
« Last Edit: August 04, 2022, 08:17:12 PM by Gundamfan »
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 106