Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60] 61 62 ... 106

Author Topic: [0.97a] Arma Armatura v3.0.5 BETA [2/8/24]  (Read 653449 times)

Chryvrius

• Ensign
    • View Profile

Hopefully I'm not asking a repeat question-- but I didn't see this in the PAQ/FAQ or the credits:

What's the source for the track that plays when docking at New Meshan?

Quartofel

• Ensign
  • No Fun, Not Ever
    • View Profile

New Meshan population be like:

swop

• Ensign
    • View Profile

Minor question:

Is it supposed to be that no special variations of the algarve are spawning in the Arma Armatura submarket?

dk1332

• Commander
    • View Profile

https://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=10836.0

How do I get this to work on the current version?

How is that relevent to Arma?

I think he is asking if the portraits pack works with the Wingcom Pilot system. If so, Then yes it works. Most portraits packs, if not all, still works with the game. As long as you manually update them. It should be simple since it's just a portrait mod. You just need to edit the mod_info.json to match the current version and delete some .faction files for factions that are no longer around. Just don't share it.

Back on topic, VX custom is starting to warm up to me. I did some spawn tweaks to make them appear more around the game. My only gripe is the locked LPC but since I was thinking of making an Anti-ship version. You know, swap the VX LPC with a Bomber and you got yourself an Anti-ship squad.

Draconas

• Ensign
    • View Profile

Minor question:

Is it supposed to be that no special variations of the algarve are spawning in the Arma Armatura submarket?
They did originally, but the Altagrave EX version is bounty only I believe.

Ramiel

• Commander
    • View Profile

Apologies if it was already answered.
I just found a ruined Valkazard mech near a destroyed research station, and there was mention of reward if you go.....somewhere.....I found New Meshan, but there was nobody to talk to about the mech. Is it just a place holder for a future quest, or do I have to travel somewhere else to learn more about this?

swop

• Ensign
    • View Profile

Minor question:

Yeah i mean the (C) and (G) versions. They aren´t spawning for me. is this wanted or is my mod bugged.

shoi

• Admiral
    • View Profile

It'd be really nice to have a tag, similar to strikeCraft_medium and strikeCraft_large. Additionally, methinks that it'd be quite a nerf and also it would make sense if strikecraft could not land on carriers that only have launch bays with built-in wings (since usually those are either described to be hardwired to certain LPC or just utility dronebays that probably aren't suited for refitting manned strikecraft).

Also, dunno about mechs, because it's frankly not my cup of tea, but regular strikecraft like those from my add-ons are really fragile (and I honestly think that AI is a bit too brave when piloting them and prolly should retreat for repairs earlier) and being able to repair endlessly to 100% is a good balance counterweight.

And also, still kinda wish that bug with strikecraft landing on strikecraft returned as a feature, it has some really neat potential for corvette-like strikecraft with hangar bay. It'd mix nicely with that strikeCraft_no_refit tag too.

I'll hold off on doing anything with refits but i'll add this tag for corvettes or whatnot that could have fighter bay.

Is it possible to get the WingCom Suite (For the persistent strikecraft development) as a standalone? I quite like it but not as big of a fan with the "not-Mobile Suits"

That being said, still having quite a lot of fun with it.

i've thought about doing this but its not worth maintaining as a seperate mod atm. you should be able to reduce their already small spawn rate to 0 by deleting the faction files in the mod folder, if you want. That said, I think i'll end up splitting the mech stuff up eventually.

Hopefully I'm not asking a repeat question-- but I didn't see this in the PAQ/FAQ or the credits:

What's the source for the track that plays when docking at New Meshan?
the source is in the music folder, but it probably should go on the credits here too. Anyway, the track was made by +TEK
Apologies if it was already answered.
I just found a ruined Valkazard mech near a destroyed research station, and there was mention of reward if you go.....somewhere.....I found New Meshan, but there was nobody to talk to about the mech. Is it just a place holder for a future quest, or do I have to travel somewhere else to learn more about this?
Placeholder for future content - I thought I removed that text hook, but obviously didnt. Sorry about that :(

Minor question:

Yeah i mean the (C) and (G) versions. They aren´t spawning for me. is this wanted or is my mod bugged.

G doesn't spawn anymore since the default version can swap to its weapon now, making it mostly obsolete. C isn't obtainable from the market but can be found by the historian / as a rare BP.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2022, 04:48:45 AM by shoi »

Draconas

• Ensign
    • View Profile

Has anyone had issue with Arma vendor on New Meshan not resetting item market? Checked other specialty vendors and it seems its only this one. What happens is every market refresh, the items (weapons/LPC/etc) don't clear when new stock comes in, this results in dozens of all LPCs and a weapon list that is 4-5 screens deep. Did newest update break market?
Just confirming, am I only person experiencing this? I had to buy out entire inventory and jettison to space because it alongside my own storage was getting big and every month-end market update was lagging for a few seconds, and I have a pretty good computer too. I've tried going through config files to see if I could find cause and I have been unable to do so.

Space Cowboy

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile

Love this mod, I'm looking for build suggestions for a carrier capital with wingcom suite. I have been having issues fitting in an extra 25 op since carriers are so strapped for op as it is. Does anyone have a set up that works well? I wanted to have a fleet carrier with nav/ecm/command center and then a bunch of officers in fighter wings/ frigates/ destroyers but I haven't been able to make it viable.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2022, 09:59:15 AM by Space Cowboy »

shoi

• Admiral
    • View Profile

Has anyone had issue with Arma vendor on New Meshan not resetting item market? Checked other specialty vendors and it seems its only this one. What happens is every market refresh, the items (weapons/LPC/etc) don't clear when new stock comes in, this results in dozens of all LPCs and a weapon list that is 4-5 screens deep. Did newest update break market?
Just confirming, am I only person experiencing this? I had to buy out entire inventory and jettison to space because it alongside my own storage was getting big and every month-end market update was lagging for a few seconds, and I have a pretty good computer too. I've tried going through config files to see if I could find cause and I have been unable to do so.

no, i fixed in the update
v2.1.1
  • uncommented loc that prevented weapons from being pruned on arma market (oops)
  • removed debug text that appeared when allied strikecraft were landing
  • added skin swap for vx custom since I can't decide if the high-techy blue or red is better
replaced references of dollars to credits in some dialogue lines
  • Added "strikecraft_with_bays" tag

if wingcom is equipped fighters will launch directly from the ship
Added combat dialogue for enemy wingcom squads relevant to players acheivements/actions during the run

used transverse jump
war crimes
Janus device
working/worked w/ baird
-Valkazard
SILVERSWORD
System now increases ammo regen of clip based weapons[/li]
[li][/li]
[/list]
« Last Edit: July 29, 2022, 09:23:35 AM by shoi »

Brainwright

• Admiral
    • View Profile

G doesn't spawn anymore since the default version can swap to its weapon now, making it mostly obsolete. C isn't obtainable from the market but can be found by the historian / as a rare BP.

I'd really like the G to get the weapon swap.  I tend to find it the most survivable of the not-broken Altagraves (not a coincidence it has a special system like the EX).

But just the grenade launcher is really awful.

Somtaaw

• Ensign
    • View Profile

Is it possible to get the WingCom Suite (For the persistent strikecraft development) as a standalone? I quite like it but not as big of a fan with the "not-Mobile Suits"

That being said, still having quite a lot of fun with it.

i've thought about doing this but its not worth maintaining as a seperate mod atm. you should be able to reduce their already small spawn rate to 0 by deleting the faction files in the mod folder, if you want. That said, I think i'll end up splitting the mech stuff up eventually.

Thanks I'll give that a try.

SpaceDrake

• Captain
  • Piloting space mecha for fun and profit(?)
    • View Profile

Anyone who doesn't like "the mech stuff" has a soul far too weighed down by gravity.

Space Cowboy

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile

The Altgrave EX is amazing but I can't use it bc of the reloading sound effect. I'm not sure if it is bugged but it's really loud and gets spammed every 0.5 seconds. Even if I'm not piloting it I can't escape the sound effect.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2022, 11:56:37 PM by Space Cowboy »
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60] 61 62 ... 106