Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 106

Author Topic: [0.97a] Arma Armatura v3.0.5 BETA [2/8/24]  (Read 653380 times)

hydremajor

• Captain
    • View Profile

Can someone share that front mission portrait pack ?
bonus points if there's a way to make only modded portraits show

BigBeans

• Captain
    • View Profile

Any plans for more AA fighters? Super talon would be pog haha

shoi

• Admiral
    • View Profile

Are there any plans for custom quests? like the sleeper start could maybe give you one at the beginning

I want to make one specifically for the sleeper stuff, since there's supposed to be a way to give the valk back to AA ppl on new meshan for ____________ but im trying to tweak things a bit balance wise before I delve into that. The last thing im debating is nerfing docking in some way - mostly, I think its a little cheesy to be able to endlessly repair to 100%, but I think this is only an issue for stronger strikecraft with at least 1 weapon equivalent to a medium (basically everything this mod adds, lel) so im probably going to think of the best approach to alter that without forcing submods to have to follow if they don't want to

Can someone share that front mission portrait pack ?
bonus points if there's a way to make only modded portraits show
https://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=10836.0

Quartofel added the entire vanilla roster if you wanna check that out :) there's a few other submods on the OP as well. Btw, love your ship pack!

Quartofel

• Ensign
  • No Fun, Not Ever
    • View Profile

The last thing im debating is nerfing docking in some way - mostly, I think its a little cheesy to be able to endlessly repair to 100% [...] so im probably going to think of the best approach to alter that without forcing submods to have to follow if they don't want to
It'd be really nice to have a tag, similar to strikeCraft_medium and strikeCraft_large. Additionally, methinks that it'd be quite a nerf and also it would make sense if strikecraft could not land on carriers that only have launch bays with built-in wings (since usually those are either described to be hardwired to certain LPC or just utility dronebays that probably aren't suited for refitting manned strikecraft).

Also, dunno about mechs, because it's frankly not my cup of tea, but regular strikecraft like those from my add-ons are really fragile (and I honestly think that AI is a bit too brave when piloting them and prolly should retreat for repairs earlier) and being able to repair endlessly to 100% is a good balance counterweight.

And also, still kinda wish that bug with strikecraft landing on strikecraft returned as a feature, it has some really neat potential for corvette-like strikecraft with hangar bay. It'd mix nicely with that strikeCraft_no_refit tag too.

miu

• Ensign
    • View Profile

I personally think that the docking is balanced as it is since the time it takes to repair your strikecrafts is already pretty long

FranzDenKaiser

• Ensign
    • View Profile

So minor question, I tried the Valkazard start to see how it goes, but how do I use the drugs to complete the ship? I acquired some but it still says I need drugs in order to go full power.

Brainwright

• Admiral
    • View Profile

So minor question, I tried the Valkazard start to see how it goes, but how do I use the drugs to complete the ship? I acquired some but it still says I need drugs in order to go full power.

The drugs are consumed when you first barely dodge a shot.  It's what gives you that small period of slow-motion.

Draconas

• Ensign
    • View Profile

Has anyone had issue with Arma vendor on New Meshan not resetting item market? Checked other specialty vendors and it seems its only this one. What happens is every market refresh, the items (weapons/LPC/etc) don't clear when new stock comes in, this results in dozens of all LPCs and a weapon list that is 4-5 screens deep. Did newest update break market?

CountV

• Ensign
    • View Profile

Just a suggestion, but perhaps the silversword ship systems should increase weapon ammo regeneration rate along with the existing rate of fire buff?

As it is with only modifying the rate of fire, it feels slightly disincentivizing to use the Valkazard's clip-based weapons like the machineguns or the hand/chest shotguns since they effectively do not benefit from the ship system. (They do unload faster, but the sustained DPS remains unaffected unlike the non-clip based weapons)

It's not as apparent for the Garegga/Trihander since those two have fixed non-clip-based weapons, though it might still be felt if you mount a minipulser/burst pd(or some other modded clip-based weapon) on them.

BigBeans

• Captain
    • View Profile

Quartofel added the entire vanilla roster if you wanna check that out :) there's a few other submods on the OP as well. Btw, love your ship pack!

Ah, might have to make some of my own sprites for those to get them to match your AA fighters skins then. Though those submod fighters aren't quite the same as they're as weak as regular fighters just pilotable unlike your AA fighters which have better stats and unique loadouts.

Thanks Shoi, love your mech pack haha.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2022, 04:07:50 PM by BigBeans »

miu

• Ensign
    • View Profile

How do I get this to work on the current version?

BigBeans

• Captain
    • View Profile

How do I get this to work on the current version?

How is that relevent to Arma?

Quartofel

• Ensign
  • No Fun, Not Ever
    • View Profile

Though those submod fighters aren't quite the same as they're as weak as regular fighters just pilotable unlike your AA fighters which have better stats and unique loadouts.

You'd be surprised how much of a difference a couple of hullmods and the ability to actually pilot them makes, even with regular fighter's base stats :D

Brainwright

• Admiral
    • View Profile

I want to make one specifically for the sleeper stuff, since there's supposed to be a way to give the valk back to AA ppl on new meshan for ____________ but im trying to tweak things a bit balance wise before I delve into that. The last thing im debating is nerfing docking in some way - mostly, I think its a little cheesy to be able to endlessly repair to 100%, but I think this is only an issue for stronger strikecraft with at least 1 weapon equivalent to a medium (basically everything this mod adds, lel) so im probably going to think of the best approach to alter that without forcing submods to have to follow if they don't want to

Infinite repair might be cheesy, but so is your expensive strike craft scrapped in the first Locust volley.  They're pretty vulnerable.  Most can't take a single antimatter blaster shot.  So not repairing them at all is not very feasible.

Somtaaw

• Ensign
    • View Profile

Is it possible to get the WingCom Suite (For the persistent strikecraft development) as a standalone? I quite like it but not as big of a fan with the "not-Mobile Suits"

That being said, still having quite a lot of fun with it.
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 106