Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 ... 106

Author Topic: [0.97a] Arma Armatura v3.0.5 BETA [2/8/24]  (Read 654121 times)

Scourge

• Ensign
    • View Profile

Thanks! it looks like the script crashes when trying to access some data from the officer in question. I'm not 100% sure why that is  :o

Instead of uploading the crash log, could you upload your save to pastebin instead for me? I'm pretty sure I can fix it by removing some bits related to arma from it.
(it's campaign.xml under \saves\save_yourCharName_xxx\)

I tired to upload the file buuuut... its 80 mb and around 200k symbols or so. So Pastebin & co croak a bit when copy pasting.

And as long as I don't let the captain command any of the arma ships is it fine, so I think I will be able to live with some random code in my save for as long as it doesn't effect the gameplay. Which it doesn't as far as I can tell. You still can take a gander at the savefil if you want
https://mega.nz/file/XfpW2JRK#5q8QPDrpbsLjKFdjJaCZUdOcS-s6iH8obeTCH7tr7qM

Maybe it will help or something.

jetster

• Ensign
    • View Profile

Hello! Having an issue where valkazard doesn't turn towards the cursor no matter what settings I apply. It started happening midfight and only happens on Valk, so I figured it may be worth asking you here. Could I just be really dumb and its a keybind that I missed? I'm still pretty new LOL.

P.S - noticed guns still aim towards the cursor when using them in a selected weapon group! The ship just won't turn.

Thanks,
Jet
« Last Edit: July 18, 2022, 10:15:13 AM by jetster »

shoi

• Admiral
    • View Profile

Can't say i've seen/heard about that happening. Do you happen to have the steps to get it to happen consistently?

Also, small update with mostly balance tweaks and a fix to the bug that disables system use until venting. you can get it on the main page.

Arthur_The_Ok

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile

I don't know what happened, I was just fighting a bounty and the game suddenly crashed and, according to the log, it has somthing to do with Armaa

13677082 [Thread-3] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.NullPointerException
java.lang.NullPointerException
   at data.scripts.ai.armaa_combat_docking_AI.init(armaa_combat_docking_ai.java:667)
   at data.hullmods.armaa_strikeCraft.checkRefitStatus(armaa_strikeCraft.java:708)
   at data.hullmods.armaa_strikeCraft.advanceInCombat(armaa_strikeCraft.java:846)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.entities.Ship.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatEngine.advanceInner(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatEngine.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatState.traverse(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$1.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748)

SpaceDrake

• Captain
  • Piloting space mecha for fun and profit(?)
    • View Profile

At a glance, I'd say that happened when a fighter tried to dock for refit. What Arma-compatible strikecraft were you running when this happened, and what carrier(s)?

Arthur_The_Ok

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile

At a glance, I'd say that happened when a fighter tried to dock for refit. What Arma-compatible strikecraft were you running when this happened, and what carrier(s)?
For strikecrafts: I deployed A LOT of Raphuses, a Basque, a Saber (all three from Starfighter Intrastellar Modification Program <SIMP>), a few Greatswords and a Phosphor (both from Plunderin Strikecraft)
Since strikecraft can land on anything with a fighter bay, I'm just going to list every ship on my fleet that has a fighter bay: 2 Audacious, a Vengeance (both from Iron Shell), a Storm (Diable Avionics), 2 D'Erlons, a Normandie (both from Dassault Mikoyan Egineering), 3 Herons, a Briliant, 2 Cetans (Caymon's Ship Pack), a Minuano, 3 Syrigmas (both from Symetrical Ship Pack) and 3 Formicas (Stopgap Measures)
« Last Edit: July 19, 2022, 06:59:00 PM by Arthur_The_Ok »

shoi

• Admiral
    • View Profile

I don't know what happened, I was just fighting a bounty and the game suddenly crashed and, according to the log, it has somthing to do with Armaa

13677082 [Thread-3] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.NullPointerException
   at data.scripts.ai.armaa_combat_docking_AI.init(armaa_combat_docking_ai.java:667)

this part of the script checks for fighterbays assigned to a fighter wing to find the landing location; looks like it picked a fighter with a nonexistent wing and thus NPE'd. its weird because I already check for that....
anyway, added more nullchecks for this edge case. redownloading should contain the fix.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2022, 07:43:31 PM by shoi »

Katsumi

• Ensign
    • View Profile

Where do you even find the VX Custom anyways?

Arthur_The_Ok

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile

So, I redownloaded Armaa, went to fight the same bounty, and the game crashed again with the same log. I could send you my save, so you could figure out what is going on, but I feel like trying to find what is causing the game to crash on a +100 mods save is near impossible
« Last Edit: July 20, 2022, 10:22:10 AM by Arthur_The_Ok »

shoi

• Admiral
    • View Profile

Did it crash on the same line? The log(even if its the same crash) would be helpful, since there's a null check for everything prior to accessing stuff now.

Where do you even find the VX Custom anyways?

Besides finding the BP, they show up in the illegal arms dealer bar event, merc company from nexerelin usually always has one, and theres a small chance for them to appear in merc fleets. you can also start with it
« Last Edit: July 20, 2022, 12:42:50 PM by shoi »

Arthur_The_Ok

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile

I don't know about "crash on the same line", but it was for the same reason. And I noticed something, it only happens when the enemy fleet has a strikecraft

anyway, here's the crashlog:

14731259 [Thread-3] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.NullPointerException
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.entities.ship.A.C.getLandingLocation(Unknown Source)
   at data.scripts.ai.armaa_combat_docking_AI.init(armaa_combat_docking_AI.java:659)

shoi

• Admiral
    • View Profile

I don't know about "crash on the same line", but it was for the same reason. And I noticed something, it only happens when the enemy fleet has a strikecraft

anyway, here's the crashlog:

14731259 [Thread-3] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.NullPointerException
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.entities.ship.A.C.getLandingLocation(Unknown Source)
   at data.scripts.ai.armaa_combat_docking_AI.init(armaa_combat_docking_AI.java:659)

Thanks, the crash is from the same script but it's actually not being caused by the same thing.

Anway, there's another hotfix on the main page with a few other things added.

v2.10
------------------
- Added null checks to prevent some crashes
- Revised strikecraft hullmod text
- Tweaked arma submarket hull frequency once again
   - Stock is halved but the rarer hulls should appear more often instead of once every 10 cycles (at best)

S

• Ensign
    • View Profile

ONE : THANKS FOR YOUR AMAZING WORK !

TWO :  I GOT  2 CRASHES THO !

The first when i was trying to play simulation or "mission" with your "units/ships"   the second  when a intel event telling me to approve or not a modification for the ships ( though i think it's linked to the starship legend mod too so but was with your ship )

Also is it just me or the AA variant of regular wings are kinda weak and almost useless ? Do they need specific things to work ?
« Last Edit: July 20, 2022, 11:45:22 PM by S »

shoi

• Admiral
    • View Profile

The first when i was trying to play simulation or "mission" with your "units/ships"   the second  when a intel event telling me to approve or not a modification for the ships ( though i think it's linked to the starship legend mod too so but was with your ship )

Also is it just me or the AA variant of regular wings are kinda weak and almost useless ? Do they need specific things to work ?

What ships were you using during the crash? What mission was it that crashed?

Also, the crash log would help.

miu

• Ensign
    • View Profile

Are there any plans for custom quests? like the sleeper start could maybe give you one at the beginning
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 ... 106