Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 106

Author Topic: [0.97a] Arma Armatura v3.0.5 BETA [2/8/24]  (Read 653422 times)

Baren

• Ensign
    • View Profile

Okay. So this time instead of just sending a single cathapract and a carrier i send in multiple cathapracts along with it in simulation. And turns out it was the flagship that was having the problem. I think whenever i do simulation. The ship that i pressed simulation on will be regarded as the flagship regardless wether it was the commander in there or not. Because when i test a cathapract that was not piloted by the commander and deployed said commander in the simulation as reinforcements in the simulation (piloting a cathapract). It engaged the enemy just fine. While the "flagship" runs off to refit.

So to conclude. Flagship cathapract AI is f***ed

Brainwright

• Admiral
    • View Profile

Liking this mod a good deal.  Most of the content is even fairly balanced within the vanilla parameters.

Gotta ask, though, shouldn't the AA Valkyrie be able to launch cataphracts?  I've only used it in sim, but it doesn't deploy cataphracts like other carriers do.

envenger

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile

I am a bit confused on howbdoes the wingcomsuite work?

I had add this on a carrier and then on the strike craft.
but the menu only showed carrier officer on it, and ibside its squadrons it had 2 for the equipped fighters, i had 3/4 strike crafts but i couldn't find them in the menu.

Does it allow to manually make squadrons of a partocular number of carriers and strikecrafts?

IGdood

• Commander
    • View Profile

but the menu only showed carrier officer on it, and ibside its squadrons it had 2 for the equipped fighters, i had 3/4 strike crafts but i couldn't find them in the menu.

Does it allow to manually make squadrons of a partocular number of carriers and strikecrafts?

I think you have to generate the squadron by hovering your mouse over the hullmod in the fitting screen, if I understand your post correctly.

Brainwright

• Admiral
    • View Profile

You cannot combine multiple ships to make a squadron.  You can only make a squadron from fightercraft assigned to a carrier ship or a WINGCOM equipped ship with an officer.

Each member of the squadron will be randomly generated, but their name and portrait can be customized.

AshStyles

• Ensign
    • View Profile

Sorry if this has been asked a lot but I haven't seen it in search or ctrl f'ing for info. Can anyone tell me tips on how to actually find the WINGCOM hullmod? Is it not available in any market? Noob to the game.

shoi

• Admiral
    • View Profile

Liking this mod a good deal.  Most of the content is even fairly balanced within the vanilla parameters.

Gotta ask, though, shouldn't the AA Valkyrie be able to launch cataphracts?  I've only used it in sim, but it doesn't deploy cataphracts like other carriers do.

It's a logical bug with how i'm checking for valid carriers most likely. Will look into it. Thanks!

Sorry if this has been asked a lot but I haven't seen it in search or ctrl f'ing for info. Can anyone tell me tips on how to actually find the WINGCOM hullmod? Is it not available in any market? Noob to the game.

It can be found via exploration and has a chance to appear in the market added by AA if the player doesn't already know it (New Meshan)

Argon

• Ensign
    • View Profile

Made an account only for this but I'm sure it has been reported already.
For some reason after changing one of the smaller mechs that come with their own wings and try to change their loadout weapon groupings the game crashes.

Killsode

• Captain
    • View Profile

Made an account only for this but I'm sure it has been reported already.
For some reason after changing one of the smaller mechs that come with their own wings and try to change their loadout weapon groupings the game crashes.

can you post the crash log?

zhj376212792

• Ensign
    • View Profile

Cool

zxc112233

• Ensign
    • View Profile

Hello. My WINGCOM suite is not gaining any relation/xp for officers under it. I have been running a custom Xyphos with an officer for several ingame months with no changes to WINGCOM, even with good combat stats.

IGdood

• Commander
    • View Profile

Hello. My WINGCOM suite is not gaining any relation/xp for officers under it. I have been running a custom Xyphos with an officer for several ingame months with no changes to WINGCOM, even with good combat stats.

Exp gain is fastest when you let them do pursuit options in autobattle

CountV

• Ensign
    • View Profile

I noticed an issue with the Valkazard, Einhander and Einhander (P) preventing regular friendly ships and autofire weapons from firing over them even though friendly projectiles pass over them like they do for all strikecraft.

I suspect it's due to the change made to treat them like frigates for the hostile AI to better prioritize them, which might also result in friendly standard(non-fighter) ship AI also thinking that there's a regular frigate in the way and trying not to commit friendly fire.

speeder

• Captain
    • View Profile

@shoi

I have two suggestions using the new-ish industry blueprint feature:

1. Have Armaa market sell ground defense mechs. (idea is you buy blueprint so you can build the defensive mechs like Arma own market have, or a version of it).

2. Create a Armaa space station, that is focused on spamming mechs, have it available on Armaa world itself (maybe a unique "fortress" version of it) plus have it for sale as blueprint too! :D

rawkhawklives

• Ensign
    • View Profile

I am making a Star Wars strikecraft mod and it requires your ARMAA code to function. Your mod is literally the only reason I can even make my own strikecraft mod, that and the KnightChase's Mayasuran Navy for its splendid Viper ship graphic. Do I have your permission to release a mod, with an ARMAA dependency, using your fake_fighter and associated ship tags and travel drive? I have no intention of using any of your graphical assets. Full credit to you for your original work, of course. I have not released it to anyone and do not intend to if I do not receive your permission. Thank you for your consideration.
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 106