Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 106

Author Topic: [0.97a] Arma Armatura v3.0.5 BETA [2/8/24]  (Read 653181 times)

Brainwright

• Admiral
    • View Profile

Dang, I want this mod just so I can play the ships that look like shoot-em up bosses.

• Ensign
    • View Profile

Please check this (https://i.imgur.com/lDPybiO.gif). So is this really normal? The strikeCraft does not land on a ship and Supply action is not done.

shoi

• Admiral
    • View Profile

That's definitely not normal, i've never seeen that happen before. You can send me the translated version and I can try to debug it.

• Ensign
    • View Profile

That's definitely not normal, i've never seeen that happen before. You can send me the translated version and I can try to debug it.
Some people say that as long as these "strikeCraft"s have officers or pilots, they can land normally, I'm not sure,but I think it's probably right.Here is the link to the file I translated.(2.05:https://drive.google.com/file/d/1hHqPlGKPLcd60nGCPaBM1ssYAoz1DI2U/view?usp=sharing).I did not use IDEA to compile your source code, but use a tool to directly replace the corresponding string in the CLASS file of ur original JAR, there should be no problem, enter the game without any errors.Btw,when your mechs are loaded with missiles And the missile runs out of ammunition,they will return to the mother ship to resupply when they are in good condition or  other weapons have plenty of  ammo.

Brainwright

• Admiral
    • View Profile

By the way, is there a readme or something?  I can't find any instructions for the new systems, and I still haven't figured out how to make NPC strike craft dock.

SpaceDrake

• Captain
  • Piloting space mecha for fun and profit(?)
    • View Profile

By the way, is there a readme or something?  I can't find any instructions for the new systems, and I still haven't figured out how to make NPC strike craft dock.

This was discussed a few pages back; currently, there's no way to force computer-controlled strikecraft to dock, because that would basically require coding a new map command. If you want to get your NPC buddies to dock fairly often, make sure they're using low-ish count missile weapons in slots that support it.

• Ensign
    • View Profile

Hey, buddy. Did you find the cause of that weird Bug :)

shoi

• Admiral
    • View Profile

Instructions for what? WINGCOM is documented in game in the intel screen and on the main page. Strikecraft stuff is pretty self-explanatory (but I am the developer, so let me know if there is something that isnt :D) Like SpaceDrake said, they dock when they need to

Quote from: 0202
Btw,when your mechs are loaded with missiles And the missile runs out of ammunition,they will return to the mother ship to resupply when they are in good condition or other weapons have plenty of  ammo.
While this isn't optimal, its the same behavior that vanilla fighters have (well, I guess not 100%, since fighters continue to attack on "engage" until you flip it, so maybe I can add another condition such as having no target)

Also, regarding the bug: I wasn't able to reproduce it.

I tried with both the ship AI controlled with and without an officer, as well as being directly controlled.
Maybe there is something I am missing?

• Ensign
    • View Profile

This is too strange,it may be because of my Chinese mod?I can't understand. There was no mistake,and I didn't modify any data.And about missile,I think you're on the right track,please do it ,thanks.Have you ever tried landing a "strikeCraft" on a non-flagship unit. (Even if it's not a carrier)?
« Last Edit: April 24, 2022, 09:28:21 AM by 0202 »

shoi

• Admiral
    • View Profile

Does the landing bug always happen for you? I'll keep trying to see if I can get it to happen on my end.

• Ensign
    • View Profile

Does the landing bug always happen for you? I'll keep trying to see if I can get it to happen on my end.
NOT me,some players from a Forum (https://www.fossic.org/thread-4765-2-1.html)  .    And about "strikeCraft", Have you ever tried landing a "strikeCraft" on a ship which you have not direct control (Even if it's not a carrier)?
« Last Edit: April 24, 2022, 09:38:15 AM by 0202 »

hydremajor

• Captain
    • View Profile

NOT me,some players from a Forum (https://www.fossic.org/thread-4765-2-1.html)  .    And about "strikeCraft", Have you ever tried landing a "strikeCraft" on a ship which you have not direct control (Even if it's not a carrier)?

Do they have another mod running besides AA ?

could be the reason

Brainwright

• Admiral
    • View Profile

I once landed on an allied Drover.  Would like to test whether space stations work.

• Ensign
    • View Profile

I once landed on an allied Drover.  Would like to test whether space stations work.
  Thank you for your advice.

• Ensign
    • View Profile

Do they have another mod running besides AA ?

could be the reason
Of course, they loaded a lot of mods . I don't know if any other mods are causing the problem
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 106