Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 106

Author Topic: [0.97a] Arma Armatura v3.0.5 BETA [2/8/24]  (Read 653961 times)

ColdMorn

• Ensign
    • View Profile

Getting the same renderSlotCovers crash as above, this time with  the Altagrave-RS. Am on JRE8, if that helps.
Btw, love the Wingcom feature.

shoi

• Admiral
    • View Profile

- einhander, einhander P, valkazard can now capture points

Okay, now to be contrarian: I'm actually not sure I like this. For my part, I was fine with the previous implementation of strikecraft not being able to point capture, period, and with how strong these units are otherwise, I felt like not being able to point capture was a fair trade for being able to repair mid-fight. It also gets a little squiffy game-feel-wise for why these units can do it but not others of their size, but then how points are "captured" anyway is far more gameplay-centered than ~lore~ anyway.

The inability to capture points wasnt ever really a balance decision but moreso a consequence of the implementation for mimicking fighter characteristics. The only reason those 3 are different is because they were changed to be identified by frigates for AI purposes, which brings about the side effect of being able to capture points. I honestly prefer it this way more, because it completely circumvents my hacky attempts that keeps the other strikecraft from capping points (which they also can ignore via a specific method I have no way to work around with the current state of the API)

As for why they can do it, I guess *insert anime prototype bs*
consider it a tradeoff for being treated as a full-scale ship as opposed to a regular fighter, which is a massive boon in and of itself (See: Karleen soloing ziggurat)

I -could- just do the same thing with Aleste and Leynos, though. The only reason I didn't was because I wasn't sure how badly it'd impact their survivability - but they aren't too far off from frigates statswise (not to mention they can repair anyway) and it'd also eliminate the slightly cheesy nature of the vaunted dual-blade dual-reaper aleste.

Getting the same renderSlotCovers crash as above, this time with  the Altagrave-RS. Am on JRE8, if that helps.
Btw, love the Wingcom feature.
AAAAA

Redownloading should fix this. sorry :'(
« Last Edit: March 21, 2022, 05:01:18 PM by shoi »

ShogunTrooper

• Ensign
    • View Profile

So, I downloaded the most recent version, but there seems to be a problem. I get the "Fatal: Fatal: ship_systems.scv missing" message.

After checking the starsector.log, this is what came up:

31888 [Thread-3] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.loading.SpecStore  - Applying data from ship_systems.csv to [armaa_mpdamper]
31888 [Thread-3] WARN  com.fs.starfarer.loading.SpecStore  - Ship system [armaa_overshield] from ship_systems.csv not found in store
31888 [Thread-3] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.loading.SpecStore  - Applying data from ship_systems.csv to [armaa_karma]
31889 [Thread-3] WARN  com.fs.starfarer.loading.SpecStore  - Ship system [armaa_oboost] from ship_systems.csv not found in store
31889 [Thread-3] WARN  com.fs.starfarer.loading.SpecStore  - Ship system [armaa_oboost2] from ship_systems.csv not found in store
31889 [Thread-3] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.loading.SpecStore  - Applying data from ship_systems.csv to [armaa_lowgradeemp]
31889 [Thread-3] WARN  com.fs.starfarer.loading.SpecStore  - Ship system [armaa_phaseteleporter] from ship_systems.csv not found in store
31890 [Thread-3] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.loading.SpecStore  - Applying data from ship_systems.csv to [armaa_piladrone]
31890 [Thread-3] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.loading.SpecStore  - Applying data from ship_systems.csv to [armaa_claw]
31890 [Thread-3] WARN  com.fs.starfarer.loading.SpecStore  - Ship system [armaa_valken_defender] from ship_systems.csv not found in store
31890 [Thread-3] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.loading.SpecStore  - Applying data from ship_systems.csv to [armaa_piladrone_ex]
31891 [Thread-3] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.loading.SpecStore  - Applying data from ship_systems.csv to [armaa_piladrone_alta]
31891 [Thread-3] WARN  com.fs.starfarer.loading.SpecStore  - Ship system [armaa_piladrone_shield] from ship_systems.csv not found in store
31891 [Thread-3] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.loading.SpecStore  - Applying data from ship_systems.csv to [armaa_tshell]

So, was there some stuff added or missing in the new version, or is that issue on my end? This is the only Mod that has any "XY from ship_systems.csv not found" notes in the file, all the others load perfectly fine. And I didn't have this problem with previous versions.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2022, 06:57:26 PM by ShogunTrooper »

shoi

• Admiral
    • View Profile

Did you just overwrite the mod folder when you updated, or deleted and then added the new version?

ShogunTrooper

• Ensign
    • View Profile

Did you just overwrite the mod folder when you updated, or deleted and then added the new version?
I just replaced it with the up-to-date version.

...in hindsight, that might have caused some hiccups. I still got the old versions backed up, just in case, so I'll see if overwriting them, rather than outright replacing them, fixes it.

Obsidian Actual

• Commander
    • View Profile

When it comes to StarSector mods, never just overwrite a folder. Delete it entirely and re-extract the new one in its place.

ShogunTrooper

• Ensign
    • View Profile

When it comes to StarSector mods, never just overwrite a folder. Delete it entirely and re-extract the new one in its place.
I mean, I did that. Then I got the error message that files were missing.

EDIT:
Okay, I reinstalled the game and the mod (As well as Tahlan Shipworks. As that later caused another error, so it needed a reinstall too.), and now it launches without any issues.

First time I ran into that. Not sure what caused the issue in the first place, since delete/replace was my standard method, but now it works.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2022, 12:06:42 AM by ShogunTrooper »

Turdicus

• Ensign
    • View Profile

Hello, just want to report a crash log I received and recreated twice. I think its AA causing it but it might be VIC. Here is the log. Hope it helps, and thank you for the amazing work!

java.lang.ClassCastException: com.fs.starfarer.combat.systems.EmpArcEntity cannot be cast to com.fs.starfarer.api.combat.DamagingProjectileAPI
   at data.hullmods.armaa_strikeCraft$StrikeCraftDeathMod.modifyDamageTaken(armaa_strikeCraft.java:953)
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.combat.listeners.CombatListenerUtil.modifyDamageTaken(CombatListenerUtil.java:67)
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.combat.listeners.CombatListenerUtil.modifyDamageTaken(CombatListenerUtil.java:59)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.entities.Ship.applyDamage(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.systems.EmpArcEntity.doDamage(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.systems.EmpArcEntity.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatEngine.advanceInner(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatEngine.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatState.traverse(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$1.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

shoi

• Admiral
    • View Profile

that was fixed in the last update, redownloading should do it  :)

Kitfox88

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile

Not sure what's up but I found a BP for the Curvy Laser as a large synergy weapon and I'm also fighting REDACTED fleets with it. It's uh, a little scary to say the least.

Deageon

• Commander
    • View Profile

Not sure what's up but I found a BP for the Curvy Laser as a large synergy weapon and I'm also fighting REDACTED fleets with it. It's uh, a little scary to say the least.
Intended. Have fun :)

Kitfox88

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile

Intended. Have fun :)

Got it, time to homing laser some stuff  8)

shoi

• Admiral
    • View Profile

EDIT: I did want to bring up one thing: it seems like the Arma market now virtually never spawns an Einhander or Altagrave, and even Leynoses are pretty freaking rare. Is this intentional (and I'm guessing the Ein Plus comes from Elsewhereâ„¢), or is RNG just being RNG? I remember pre-2.0 Altagraves felt like they showed up fairly often, at least.

I did change things up with the submarket since with the previous implementation, there would always be at least 3 Alta's in stock (which i didn't like personally, since it goes against the """""""""lore"""""""", and being able to stack them easily is kind of cheesy with the mechanics of their system), and I also adjusted rarities so that the normal fighters are more common than the mechs. The rarity on leynos and aleste is probably too high (.7 and .8, respectively, and iirc 1 is the maximum value)

it was even worse beforehand :P. There was a mod combination where you could effectively spawn them infinitely and most likely kill your GPU. Current version is a lot less intensive on that front, but if it feels a bit too strong-ish let me know.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2022, 08:00:39 PM by shoi »

• Ensign
    • View Profile

hello,can I get your permission to translate this to Chinese ? dude. And i will upload this mod to a forum in china (everthing is free). I just wish more people can play this great mod. thank u really.

shoi

• Admiral
    • View Profile

Sure thing!

In other news - new update is out, just more bug fixes. Check first page.
v2.05
-------------------

- fix special strings (such as faction names) not properly appearing during chatter

- Added clarification that wingcom needs crewed fighters to function

- Added info for if player has no squadrons on intel screen

- reduced rarity of leynos slightly

-fixed bug that allowed altagrave ex to appear in illegal arms dealer event
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 106