Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 106

Author Topic: [0.97a] Arma Armatura v3.0.5 BETA [2/8/24]  (Read 653142 times)

SpaceDrake

• Captain
  • Piloting space mecha for fun and profit(?)
    • View Profile

Thanks! Yeah, I spent a lot of time working on valk specifically trying to make it interesting , so im glad you like it!

OFC! I appreciate hard work that goes into helping me enjoy things. :D

I remember increasing CR cost to 40% but not as to why, and tbh dropping it to 30% is definitely doable.

Well , even I'm dithering on it a little bit. The "problem" is that while 30% would allow the Valk to operate twice without malfunction risk at 70%, at 100% you're talking about a fighter-frigate that strong that can operate for three full fights, with the possibility of being repaired mid-fight, and I can definitely see that being a bit crazy, especially in a situation like a base defense. (Hell, I've already done a few base defenses where I could basically stay on the field forever.)

I think what I might actually suggest is bumping up the CR recovered per day a bit - right now, it takes 4 days to recover from one engagement, and that feels a little crazy, even for a high end prototype. It may be that, but it's also a fightercraft, essentially, so access for maintenance isn't going to be like having to run around fixing things on a frigate, even. By way of comparison, the hangar queen that is the Hyperion currently loses 40% per deployment and has a recovery rate of 8%, but somewhat more practical high-performance machines are a bit different, with the Tempest at 20%/10% and the Afflictor at a whopping 50% but then 25% per day. The impression I get is that while the Valk is a high-end machine with some crazy design behind it, it's meant to be at least somewhat more practical than a Hyperion.

Or, another little suggestion for feature creep : another bonus that you get for having a dedicated carrier in the fleet is that CR recovery is increased by 50% or so for strikecraft, due to having proper dedicated facilities to do it, rather than having poor shmoes out there in EVA suits while your Valk or Ein is strapped to a Hermes or whatever. I think that might feel a bit better, ultimately; you burn a lot of CR each deployment at minimum because of component stress, but it's relatively quick to recover, especially if you have ships dedicated to it.

There's no way to manually make AI controlled ones rearm outside of taking damage / running out of ammo that doesn't screw with other things (at least that I can think of at the moment, anyway) but most of my attempts was with issuing orders, like defend as some kind of prerequisite when I was trying to make it work.

Yeah, I was kind of afraid of that, or that it would require entering the truly dark magic realm of introducing new command types and command keybinds to handle the case. If we're wishing for horses, I would definitely say my new big wish is for a dedicated command/keybind to order folks to re-arm, but I fully understand that's probably a full order of magnitude more complicated than anything else that's gone into the mod so far. Still, if you figure out a way to do it that isn't quite so hideous on your workload, it's definitely the one thing that feels "missing" right now.

Anyway, thank you again, and if you want feedback on specific things, please feel free to ask!

---

Also, to finish off with another question: for the current system of protecting strikecraft from hyperstorms etc., is it checking for ships with the CARRIER tag specifically, or is just having bays enough? I noticed I didn't take CR damage when I had a Condor (tho ofc the hull protection doesn't seem to be working, as I reported), but when I tried to use just a Fidem from Alfonso's Luddic Enhancement mod (which doesn't have the tag), my strikecraft still took damage. If so, that informs fleet comps and also means it could be ideal for the user to mess with a few weird edge-cases in mods specifically (such as the Diable capitals not having CARRIER tags despite blatantly having the necessary equipment in-lore to dock and service strikecraft of Arma's sort).

hydremajor

• Captain
    • View Profile

on the theme of the 40% reduction, it might be to delay the player in pursuits since cargo haulers are basically defenseless against a tuned up cataphract...

OR to "force" the player to use mechs for their intended purposes so a player would be well advised to keep multiple mechs on standby for whatever situation may come up

I guess its a way like any other to put added stress on logistics

and speaking of wich I had another idea for a carrier mod

"Scramble Protocols"
uses the carrier's replacement rate when deployed with damaged cataphracts to repair them before deployment, drains carrier's replacement, will only use up to 100% replacement for repairs, carrier must recover spent replacement afterwards

Basically damaged mechs deploy docked with a carrier if it has that mod and replacement to spare for the repairs
« Last Edit: March 20, 2022, 01:28:26 AM by hydremajor »

Arthur_The_Ok

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile

This happened after I tried to take command of a Gunhazard during combat

6120192 [Thread-3] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.NullPointerException
java.lang.NullPointerException
   at com.fs.starfarer.E.D.ooOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.super(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.E.D.ooOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.<init>(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.E.C.super(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatState.addMessage(Unknown Source)
   at data.scripts.util.armaa_pilotTracker.advance(armaa_pilotTracker.java:94)
   at com.fs.starfarer.title.Object.L$Oo.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.A.new.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatEngine.advanceInner(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatEngine.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatState.traverse(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$1.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748)

Commodore Stephans

• Ensign
  • Paid Hegemony Shill
    • View Profile

Does anyone know how to disable the mechs in this mod? I like the idea of playing around with fighters but not the idea of mechs.
Your friendly local Hegemony naval officer and the Persean Sector's #1 gunrunner to the Luddic Path!

shoi

• Admiral
    • View Profile

This happened after I tried to take command of a Gunhazard during combat

6120192 [Thread-3] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.NullPointerException
   at com.fs.starfarer.E.D.ooOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.super(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.E.D.ooOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.<init>(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.E.C.super(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatState.addMessage(Unknown Source)
   at data.scripts.util.armaa_pilotTracker.advance(armaa_pilotTracker.java:94)

Thanks, will fix!

SpaceDrake

• Captain
    • View Profile

Does anyone know how to disable the mechs in this mod? I like the idea of playing around with fighters but not the idea of mechs.

You can simply remove the mechs from spawning by removing their relevant entries from the various .faction files in ss-arma/data/world/factions, and by avoiding any Nexerelin Arma starts with mechs in them.

This removes a lot of the mod's showcase ships and hard work, though. FWIW, the playable mechs still largely behave like small, fast frigates, albeit with some fighter-like properties. It doesn't turn the game into Armored Core or whatnot.

shoi

• Admiral
    • View Profile

More fixes
V 2.04
--------------------

- fixed crash by transferring command into ship with a wingcom officer
- raised threat level for: einhander, einhander P, valkazard
   - einhander, einhander P, valkazard can now capture points
- Fixed bug with AI strikecraft locking up if carrier was destroyed just before it finished landing
-fixed inconsistent built-in value on leynos

« Last Edit: March 20, 2022, 05:36:10 PM by shoi »

powerkillera

• Ensign
    • View Profile

After updating to 2.04, game crashes whenever I try to look at an Altagrave. Doesn't crash if I revert to 2.03.

70417 [Thread-3] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.NullPointerException
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.entities.Ship.renderSlotCovers(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.entities.Ship.render(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.entities.Ship.render(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.title.Object.M.super(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.title.Object.M.render(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.coreui.Oo0o.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.OoO0.renderImpl(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.Q.render(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.v.renderImpl(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.impl.StandardTooltipV2.renderImpl(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignState.render(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.BaseGameState.traverse(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

shoi

• Admiral
    • View Profile

Try redownloading. Tested with Altagrave as well as the C type without any issue. What Altagrave was it?

Necrodamis

• Ensign
    • View Profile

Found a new bug:

If you're playing the valkhazard and it goes to land to resupply, but if you try to fly away just before it lands, disabling autopilot it gets stuck in like a pocket dimension where it acts like you can control it with all the hud present, but you can't do anything and the game will even tell you this.

I managed to do this by accident after the ship I was in got destroyed so I went to hop into the valk but since I didn't want to sit through it reloading, I tried to cancel but I was too late; the battle ended before normal refit time would be completed. I assume this would be an issue with your other strike craft that can land, but I've only managed to do this once with the Valk so I'm not certain.

powerkillera

• Ensign
    • View Profile

Redownloading has fixed the Altagrave problem.
Was specifically the Altagrave [G]

Axetongler

• Ensign
    • View Profile

I've found two bugs, getting hit by motes from boss variant of ziggurat caused me to crash while piloting valk, and getting hit by some kind of flamethrower from "agni" thing from prv starworks also crashed me.
Ziggurat crash log:
Spoiler
java.lang.ClassCastException: com.fs.starfarer.combat.systems.EmpArcEntity cannot be cast to com.fs.starfarer.api.combat.DamagingProjectileAPI
   at data.hullmods.armaa_strikeCraft$StrikeCraftDeathMod.modifyDamageTaken(armaa_strikeCraft.java:953)
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.combat.listeners.CombatListenerUtil.modifyDamageTaken(CombatListenerUtil.java:67)
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.combat.listeners.CombatListenerUtil.modifyDamageTaken(CombatListenerUtil.java:59)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.entities.Ship.applyDamage(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.systems.EmpArcEntity.doDamage(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.systems.EmpArcEntity.advance(Unknown Source)
[close]
Agni crash log
Spoiler
   at data.hullmods.armaa_strikeCraft$StrikeCraftDeathMod.modifyDamageTaken(armaa_strikeCraft.java:953)
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.combat.listeners.CombatListenerUtil.modifyDamageTaken(CombatListenerUtil.java:67)
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.combat.listeners.CombatListenerUtil.modifyDamageTaken(CombatListenerUtil.java:59)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatEngine.applyDamage(Unknown Source)
   at scripts.spatterfire.prvPureflamePlugin.logicStep(prvPureflamePlugin.java:73)
   at scripts.spatterfire.prvBaseStickyEffectPlugin.advance(prvBaseStickyEffectPlugin.java:34)
[close]

shoi

• Admiral
    • View Profile

I've found two bugs, getting hit by motes from boss variant of ziggurat caused me to crash while piloting valk, and getting hit by some kind of flamethrower from "agni" thing from prv starworks also crashed me.
Ziggurat crash log:
Spoiler
java.lang.ClassCastException: com.fs.starfarer.combat.systems.EmpArcEntity cannot be cast to com.fs.starfarer.api.combat.DamagingProjectileAPI
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.systems.EmpArcEntity.doDamage(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.systems.EmpArcEntity.advance(Unknown Source)
[close]
Agni crash log
Spoiler
   at scripts.spatterfire.prvPureflamePlugin.logicStep(prvPureflamePlugin.java:73)
   at scripts.spatterfire.prvBaseStickyEffectPlugin.advance(prvBaseStickyEffectPlugin.java:34)
[close]

This should fix
More fixes
v2.041
--------------------
-fix damage crash from params that are neither DamagingProjectileAPI or beamAPI

Axetongler

• Ensign
    • View Profile

It worked! thank you for quick fix.

SpaceDrake

• Captain
    • View Profile

- einhander, einhander P, valkazard can now capture points

Okay, now to be contrarian: I'm actually not sure I like this. For my part, I was fine with the previous implementation of strikecraft not being able to point capture, period, and with how strong these units are otherwise, I felt like not being able to point capture was a fair trade for being able to repair mid-fight. It also gets a little squiffy game-feel-wise for why these units can do it but not others of their size, but then how points are "captured" anyway is far more gameplay-centered than ~lore~ anyway.

Also I'm still dithering on whether I should've brought up the 40% thing at all. :P I was actually trialing 40%/15% on my own end and it felt pretty good. I'll see how 30/10 feels. Game balance is friggin' hard, yo.

Still, thanks for all your hard work on this, shoi! Arma seems like a bit of a nightmare to maintain as it is without all of us coming in with our big dumb opinions.

EDIT: I did want to bring up one thing: it seems like the Arma market now virtually never spawns an Einhander or Altagrave, and even Leynoses are pretty freaking rare. Is this intentional (and I'm guessing the Ein Plus comes from Elsewhereâ„¢), or is RNG just being RNG? I remember pre-2.0 Altagraves felt like they showed up fairly often, at least.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2022, 03:27:40 PM by SpaceDrake »
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 106