Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 106

Author Topic: [0.97a] Arma Armatura v3.0.5 BETA [2/8/24]  (Read 653090 times)

Oni

• Captain
    • View Profile

Getting the WingCom modspec and building it into other massive carriers leads to some insane squadron sizes. ...
... Might be a good idea for only the squadron Leader to get a portrait?  ???

IGdood

• Commander
    • View Profile

Getting the WingCom modspec and building it into other massive carriers leads to some insane squadron sizes. ...
... Might be a good idea for only the squadron Leader to get a portrait?  ???

Nah I like the current system of every pilot getting a portrait  ;D

Farya

• Commander
    • View Profile

Maybe assign portraits to wingmates once they level up enough for promotion instead? Or simply don't show these in Wingcom description. you have squadron intel menu for that.

dk1332

• Commander
    • View Profile

Found an odd bug with certain playable fighters.
Encountered a small persian league traitor with some few of the new fighters. Completely wiped them out but a single destroyer escaped. On the pursuit screen, 2 of the dead fighters (broadsword AA and Xphon AA) was counted as "alive". Upon pursuing them they just disappeared on the battle map. And after the battle they escaped and pretty much what most surviving bounty ships does and retreated to a planet. Am I the only one who encountered this?

shoi

• Admiral
    • View Profile

Huh..I have an idea what could be causing that, will look into it.

cbxzcm

• Ensign
    • View Profile

Great work on the 2.01 update!

It's been running smoothly, but yesterday was the first time encountering this exception:

2480730 [Thread-3] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.NullPointerException
java.lang.NullPointerException
   at data.scripts.util.armaa_pilotTracker.processSpecialStrings(armaa_pilotTracker.java:243)
   at data.scripts.util.armaa_pilotTracker.advance(armaa_pilotTracker.java:118)
   at com.fs.starfarer.title.Object.L$Oo.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.A.new.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatEngine.advanceInner(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatEngine.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatState.traverse(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$1.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Pep

• Ensign
    • View Profile

Would a  minimod that makes the wanzers from diable avionics playable using the arma system be possible??

shoi

• Admiral
    • View Profile

Great work on the 2.01 update!

It's been running smoothly, but yesterday was the first time encountering this exception:

2480730 [Thread-3] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.NullPointerException
java.lang.NullPointerException
   at data.scripts.util.armaa_pilotTracker.processSpecialStrings(armaa_pilotTracker.java:243)
   at data.scripts.util.armaa_pilotTracker.advance(armaa_pilotTracker.java:118)
   at com.fs.starfarer.title.Object.L$Oo.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.A.new.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatEngine.advanceInner(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatEngine.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatState.traverse(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$1.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Thanks! I have a fix ready to go, just waiting on one thing to get some clarification on and then I should be able to post it. In the meantime you can try to make a backup of armaas jar in the jars/ folder, and replace it with this one . It SHOULD fix the issue, since others ran into this and haven't said otherwise when I provided it.

Would a  minimod that makes the wanzers from diable avionics playable using the arma system be possible??
Like, is it possible, or can I make one? (If it's the former the answer is yes)

Farya

• Commander
    • View Profile

Shouldn't strike craft have zero fuel consumption when transported by a carrier? Also might be nice to be able to disable built-in wings/Wingcom on kats if you don't want them for some stat boost. Like when you already have many hangars and just want your officers to fly around in mechas but can't afford stronger individual kats yet.

6chad.noirlee9

• Captain
    • View Profile

will that fix help wth the invisible ship launch?
edit: edit: maybe were just falling with style LOL.  make a bubble, make the space in front of it smaller and just fall forward

shoi

• Admiral
    • View Profile

This should fix the invisible launch bug, and the NPE from pilot chatter that occurs at the end of battles some times.
Sorry for the delay. I'm pretty sure the jar I linked earlier contains a fantastic bug that prevents strikecraft from landing, so I tried to get this out asap. Hopefully this eliminates these issues without introducing new ones  :'(
V2.02
--------------------
- Blocked Front Shield Emitter from being installed on Valkazard's Counter Shield Torso
- Fixed invisible launch bug
   - strikecraft should properly mirror the angle of the bay launched from instead of always launching at 90 degrees
- Strikecraft distribution should be a bit less heavily weighted on a single carrier on deploy
- Fixed laser blade not properly accounting for bonus beam/energy weapon damage outside of EWM
- Can now dock at carriers by targetting them and activating autopilot
- Fixed NPE caused by WINGCOM chatter (hopefully)
- Increased break chance for all strikecraft (0.5->0.7)
- Fixed strikecraft sometimes not dying properly

=raiding=
- Added functionality for custom ground support values: ground_support_custom in modSettings
- Reduced Ground Support Bonus for all pilotable cataphracts
   - Generic support(hullId unspecified): 15->5
   - Einhänder: 25->11
   - Aleste: 15->8
   - Leynos: 15->8
   - Valkazard: 25->15
   - Pilot level(if any) is added to ground support value
- Cataphracts can be damaged during raid deployments
   - Base chance to incur damage scales by ratio of attacker vs defender strength
   - Higher attack strength and pilot level reduces actual damage received, while higher defender strength increases it

Obsidian Actual

• Commander
    • View Profile

- Added functionality for custom ground support values: ground_support_custom in modSettings

OH WE BE CATAPHRACTIN' UP IN HERE NOW

EDIT: Really appreciate the extra effort you take to accommodate private-use modders. Xie Xie!
« Last Edit: March 10, 2022, 02:12:43 PM by Obsidian Actual »

Agalyon

• Commander
    • View Profile

Thanks for the bug fixes! I think you forgot to roll the version number in the download though.

[EDIT] I ran into the invisible fighter bug again (sort of.) When a fighter went to repair at a carrier it did the bug thing and started floating uncontrolled but only for a few seconds. It teleported to the carrier and worked correctly after that, so no real consequence. The original bug hasn't happened again for me though, great work!
« Last Edit: March 11, 2022, 01:51:11 AM by Agalyon »

dk1332

• Commander
    • View Profile

Got a CTD after a battle with pirates on the newest version of the mod. Seems like its connected to the promotion system of the wingcom pilots. I cannot post the code here due to my desktop isn't connected to the internet. Are you on the discord server? I can send you a photo of the error.

Edit: Saw the same error posted by another person on the player_tech_support channel, I'mma try the .jar file you uploaded.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2022, 04:01:34 AM by dk1332 »

shoi

• Admiral
    • View Profile

I made a bunch of stealth updates, that jar should work as well as the main download links (hopefully..make sure its the second one  :'()
« Last Edit: March 11, 2022, 04:12:32 AM by shoi »
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 106