Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 106

Author Topic: [0.97a] Arma Armatura v3.0.5 BETA [2/8/24]  (Read 653414 times)

shoi

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Arma Armatura v2.0 - Playable Fighters, wings with personality
« Reply #630 on: March 01, 2022, 02:55:35 AM »

no, i was docked to a station, when the energy blaster is removed, no new option appears. i worked around this by using the default autofit option you have to go back to the start of the list, as that would allow me to cycle through it once again.
weird. I can't reproduce it at the moment, but i'll keep messing around with it to see if I can recreate the issue. Thanks for the report!

Valkazard is broken, I love it

that's no good..i had better nerf it.. :P

Necrodamis

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #631 on: March 01, 2022, 05:42:08 AM »

Valkazard is broken, I love it

I hope we can keep it as is, but super rare, it's such a fun craft and a real glass cannon

Pep

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #632 on: March 01, 2022, 06:02:24 AM »

Actually, speaking of nerfs, I think the broadsword AA is a tad bit too fast. I was actually surprised how strong it is, I was in a huge battle and it went around popping frigates with relative impunity for a good portion of the time I had it deployed. I think swapping the arm to the fighter version used by talons would be good too.

6chad.noirlee9

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #633 on: March 01, 2022, 06:39:18 AM »

im having a pretty serious error with the (PLEASE DONT CHANGE IT, IT TAKES SO MUCH SKILL TO USE IT IS NOT OVERPOWERED AT ALL) new valkazard.  not sure if the other suits/fighters have this issue

anyway, after reloading to attempt a battle for the second time, or perhaps something else triggers it?- anyway, the valkazard doesnt spawn, i spawn in the little shuttle that shows up when you switch ships and it docks with nothing (straight into the void) and i cant control the invisible entity it just rockets across the map

anyway, im about to reload the game and see if that fixes the issue
edit: edit: maybe were just falling with style LOL.  make a bubble, make the space in front of it smaller and just fall forward

6chad.noirlee9

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #634 on: March 01, 2022, 06:45:02 AM »

PLEASE DONT CHANGE THE VALKAZARD IT IS PERFECT
it can die incredibly easy, which balances out its power.  a single well placed broadside/mainbattery from most heavy cruisers, and even several destroyers, is more than enough to obliterate it in one go (even with maxed combat skills) even when the enemy ship has no officer
the only thing i would change is make it so either arm can use any of the valkazard weaponry, and perhaps set it up so that certain weapons become weaker if you use two of them (there is a mod that has something in it called interferences or something where when you use more than one weapon with that designation it nerfs the ship.  you could make something so that each of the especially strong weapons will have this issue if the same weapon is in both hands, for the ones that you limited to a certain arm.  a reasonable nerf that doesnt take away from the overall majesty of the mobile suit, and really makes sense)

really love what youve done and can see the hard work you put into everything.  WELL WORTH THE WAIT

heres hoping someday you and the guy from archean order get together and make a masterpiece of some kind
edit: edit: maybe were just falling with style LOL.  make a bubble, make the space in front of it smaller and just fall forward

Necrodamis

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #635 on: March 01, 2022, 06:47:46 AM »

im having a pretty serious error with the (PLEASE DONT CHANGE IT, IT TAKES SO MUCH SKILL TO USE IT IS NOT OVERPOWERED AT ALL) new valkazard.  not sure if the other suits/fighters have this issue

anyway, after reloading to attempt a battle for the second time, or perhaps something else triggers it?- anyway, the valkazard doesnt spawn, i spawn in the little shuttle that shows up when you switch ships and it docks with nothing (straight into the void) and i cant control the invisible entity it just rockets across the map

Reading this reminded me of another little bug I found: the battle I was going through wasn't going how I wanted it to, so I called in some reenforcements. The ship I called in was a Remnant cruiser with one hangar in it, at the time my valkhazard was landed on my carrier to rearm and resupply. As soon as the new cruiser came in my ship was teleported info it's hangar. Rearm resupply continued as normal, but I don't think you should be able to teleport from ship to ship

6chad.noirlee9

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #636 on: March 01, 2022, 06:58:02 AM »

reloading the game fixed it, however, i have another bug
the dang strafe function keeps switching to default, and it is almost impossible for me to pilot small ships that way
not a big deal, may have nothing to do with armaa

Everpro

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #637 on: March 01, 2022, 10:24:36 AM »

I was getting this error when trying to use this mod.

ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.RuntimeException: Error loading [graphics/armaa/ships/valkazard/armaa_valkazard_armr.png] resource, not found in [/home/ever/Desktop/starsector/./mods/SS-armaa-2.0,/home/ever/Desktop/starsector/./mods/LazyLib,/home/ever/Desktop/starsector/./mods/MagicLib,../starfarer.res/res,CLASSPATH]

Apparently the game was looking for a image named armaa_valkazard_armr.png instead of  armaa_valkazard_armR.png.

shoi

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Arma Armatura v2.01 - Playable Fighters, wings w/ personality
« Reply #638 on: March 01, 2022, 12:31:26 PM »

Quick fix
V2.01
--------------------
- Fixed crash form mousing over wingcom
- Fixed crash from mousing over Silversword
- Fixed crash caused by enemy fleet having a null faction(fleet commander?) or something
- Fixed crash for nonexistent portrait for hvb
- Fixed case sensitivity issue with a sprite

reloading the game fixed it, however, i have another bug
the dang strafe function keeps switching to default, and it is almost impossible for me to pilot small ships that way
not a big deal, may have nothing to do with armaa
It's probably a vanilla thing? Well I should say its probably not an armaa thing. I haven't done anything as far as controls go.

a few people have mentioned this to me. It's a bug with the travel drive cancelling too soon, I think. I'll look into it

Actually, speaking of nerfs, I think the broadsword AA is a tad bit too fast. I was actually surprised how strong it is, I was in a huge battle and it went around popping frigates with relative impunity for a good portion of the time I had it deployed. I think swapping the arm to the fighter version used by talons would be good too.

yeah, so I actually did screw up and had the speed a bit too high. It's been bumped down.

Reading this reminded me of another little bug I found: the battle I was going through wasn't going how I wanted it to, so I called in some reenforcements. The ship I called in was a Remnant cruiser with one hangar in it, at the time my valkhazard was landed on my carrier to rearm and resupply. As soon as the new cruiser came in my ship was teleported info it's hangar. Rearm resupply continued as normal, but I don't think you should be able to teleport from ship to ship

...hmmm, will check on this too
« Last Edit: March 01, 2022, 12:44:37 PM by shoi »

Oni

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #639 on: March 01, 2022, 05:27:26 PM »

Hmm... could you please walk me through how we assign Officers, heck, how Wingcom is supposed to work in general?

I'd like to first make sure that the problem isn't just me being dumb.  :P

So when you assign an officer to a ship with wingcom and an empty slot, you should just see this. Details, no squad info.

(I had to switch characters here since the previous officer already had a wing, so I just wanted to sanity check and make sure things were being generated properly)
Once you assign a wing, pilots are generated for the fighters. If you mouse over the hullmod again, you will see them listed.

Other way to verify they've been created is opening the intel menu, and looking for the 'Squadron Manager' tab, which will list every officer with a squadron. That tab also has an 'info' tab that details a bit more about the mechanics behind wingcom.

aaand this is what you get with the same setup, but if the wing is automated (0 crew). I am usually pretty light on mods so I havent used the hiigarian mod, but if you're not getting anything, im guessing the wing you assigned was maybe automated? Let me know if this helps :)
So it's for small craft that have the hullmod and not carriers in general... seems to work fine for the Arma ships when I start with them.

So I guess it WAS just me being dumb.  :o
Is the Wingcom Suite buildable or is it added automatically to any qualified hull?

shoi

• Admiral
    • View Profile

So it's for small craft that have the hullmod and not carriers in general... seems to work fine for the Arma ships when I start with them.

No, it also works on carriers as long as they're > frigate size and innately have at least  1 fighter bay.
If you want to quickly verify (and you have console commands)
You can enter addhullmod armaa_wingCommander and then toss it on a condor or mora or something, and it should work the same.

Is the Wingcom Suite buildable or is it added automatically to any qualified hull?
Besides the ships that start with it built in, it can be found through exploration like other rare hullmods :)

Necrodamis

• Ensign
    • View Profile

Just stumbled across the Valken (p) in my new playthrough with the pirate faction. One of its weapons, I'm guessing its melee weapon, is super loud. Not like painful loud, but it's way louder than any other sound in the game or my desktop lol

Pep

• Ensign
    • View Profile

Just got one shot by a MIRV, can confirm valk is fine as is lol

shoi

• Admiral
    • View Profile

Just stumbled across the Valken (p) in my new playthrough with the pirate faction. One of its weapons, I'm guessing its melee weapon, is super loud. Not like painful loud, but it's way louder than any other sound in the game or my desktop lol

latest patch fixes that, though I added it in a little afte the link initially went up. Sorry!

Necrodamis

• Ensign
    • View Profile

latest patch fixes that, though I added it in a little afte the link initially went up. Sorry!

No worries :) I got the patch shortly after you released it and I can confirm that it worked
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 106