Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 106

Author Topic: [0.97a] Arma Armatura v3.0.5 BETA [2/8/24]  (Read 653011 times)

GFYguy

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Arma Armatura v2.0 - Playable Fighters, wings with personality
« Reply #615 on: February 28, 2022, 06:38:33 AM »

Removing the body hullmod from the valkhazard in the new update doesn't replace the hullmod, any idea why?

Necrodamis

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #616 on: February 28, 2022, 06:53:13 AM »

I started a new playthrough with the AA Pirates option and I've been loving the speed and raw power of the valkhazard, but I've found a bug that happens when it takes off from a carrier in your fleet when the battle starts: the carrier and valkhazard work perfectly fine, however when you take off from the carrier it resets your autofire options. I'm not sure of this is specific to just the initial take off, if it happens after resupplying mid battle, or happens to other ships with landing override/that take off from carriers in the start of the battle. I've got a couple Alests in my fleet controlled by AI and from watching them it looks like the weapons groups are unchanged, but idk for sure

Farya

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #617 on: February 28, 2022, 07:19:32 AM »

I don't have any problem with adding faction-specific stuff. A playable talon might not be very enjoyable, though  ;D
That could be some really custom modded Talon. With SO and twin railguns or something. Though making a flyable bomber instead might be great too. I want to send the hammer or reaper down the Onslaught rear.

DeltaDarems

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #618 on: February 28, 2022, 08:33:43 AM »

Not making a squadron?

I have a leynos ship that I got by buying it from the pirate ship maker, I assigned my class 1 officer to the Leynos but whenever I go into the squadron manager there's nothing showing on the info tab

Does my officer have to be a certain level to make a squadron?

Space_Lettuce_OG

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #619 on: February 28, 2022, 10:45:26 AM »

I gotta say, I really like the wing pilot system a lot!
I like how they got stats, and level up, and you can even promote them into officers, which is an awesome way for the player to get officers.
Promote from within, rather than hire outsiders.
 GJ Shoi!

Oni

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #620 on: February 28, 2022, 11:42:26 AM »

Hmm... I'm guessing that a lot of Modded fighter craft aren't going to be compatible with the new WINGCOM system.

I'm pretty sure my 'Hiigaran Descendants' ships aren't showing up. There are mod compatibility instructions, but....  :-\

shoi

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #621 on: February 28, 2022, 01:42:52 PM »

Not making a squadron?

I have a leynos ship that I got by buying it from the pirate ship maker, I assigned my class 1 officer to the Leynos but whenever I go into the squadron manager there's nothing showing on the info tab

Does my officer have to be a certain level to make a squadron?

No, any officer works. It should be pretty straightforward, and if there are any reasons why one isn't created it should be listed on the hullmod. Are the fighters you're using crewed? If they have a crew size of 0 (aka no pilots) then a squadron won't be formed, for obvious reasons. You can post a SS of the setup so I can check myself if you want.

Removing the body hullmod from the valkhazard in the new update doesn't replace the hullmod, any idea why?
I know this can happen if you use "strip" in space and not docked, since cores can only be swapped at markets. Otherwise removing the hullmod individually should work. Was this the case for you?
I like how they got stats, and level up, and you can even promote them into officers, which is an awesome way for the player to get officers.
 GJ Shoi!

Hmm... I'm guessing that a lot of Modded fighter craft aren't going to be compatible with the new WINGCOM system.

I'm pretty sure my 'Hiigaran Descendants' ships aren't showing up. There are mod compatibility instructions, but....  :-\
That's compatibility for the pilotable fighters, not LPCs. The only LPCs that shouldn't work are ones that don't take on any crew. You can post a screen of the LPC in question and I can see about figuring out why its not working if that's not the case.

Pep

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #622 on: February 28, 2022, 06:51:33 PM »

GJ Shoi!

Me too! Definitely love the out of the box thinking with this mods mechanics. I would love a playable bomber, though that might be kind of boring

Necrodamis

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #623 on: February 28, 2022, 07:24:16 PM »

Ok so I did some more testing in my free time, and I figured out that the issue of resetting autofire options seems to be limited to the valkhazard and the Aleste is unaffected. This seems to only be an issue if you spawn in the valkhazard and your carrier vessel at the same time, not spawning the carrier THEN the valkhazard; additionally, this only seems to be a problem in actual battles, I couldn't replicate the bug in sim battles and the issue doesn't seem to be present if you have to repair/rearm in battle.

shoi

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #624 on: February 28, 2022, 08:12:53 PM »

Sorry, I missed your first post. When you say reset, do you mean that turns off all autofire weapons?

Necrodamis

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #625 on: February 28, 2022, 08:18:54 PM »

Sorry, I missed your first post. When you say reset, do you mean that turns off all autofire weapons?

No worries, it wasn't very in depth anyhow :p

Yeah basically. All but whatever weapons groups you have selected when taking off initially. So if it defaults to group 1, but you have autofire for group 1 on, then it will keep autofire on for group 1, while disabling that setting for all other groups. This can be worked around by using Ctrl + whatever weapon group number, but I'm not sure if it's intended or not so I figured I should report it as a bug

Oni

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #626 on: February 28, 2022, 08:57:13 PM »

...That's compatibility for the pilotable fighters, not LPCs. The only LPCs that shouldn't work are ones that don't take on any crew. You can post a screen of the LPC in question and I can see about figuring out why its not working if that's not the case.
Hmm... could you please walk me through how we assign Officers, heck, how Wingcom is supposed to work in general?

I'd like to first make sure that the problem isn't just me being dumb.  :P

shoi

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #627 on: March 01, 2022, 01:29:51 AM »

No worries, it wasn't very in depth anyhow :p

Yeah basically. All but whatever weapons groups you have selected when taking off initially. So if it defaults to group 1, but you have autofire for group 1 on, then it will keep autofire on for group 1, while disabling that setting for all other groups. This can be worked around by using Ctrl + whatever weapon group number, but I'm not sure if it's intended or not so I figured I should report it as a bug
Hmm, yeah, I think that's a bug. IIRC, calling .beginLanding() in the API turns off all autofire weapons, and I added some code to get around that, but it might not be in the script that does the takeoff hax at the start of battles. I'll look into it!

Hmm... could you please walk me through how we assign Officers, heck, how Wingcom is supposed to work in general?

I'd like to first make sure that the problem isn't just me being dumb.  :P

So when you assign an officer to a ship with wingcom and an empty slot, you should just see this. Details, no squad info.

(I had to switch characters here since the previous officer already had a wing, so I just wanted to sanity check and make sure things were being generated properly)
Once you assign a wing, pilots are generated for the fighters. If you mouse over the hullmod again, you will see them listed.

Other way to verify they've been created is opening the intel menu, and looking for the 'Squadron Manager' tab, which will list every officer with a squadron. That tab also has an 'info' tab that details a bit more about the mechanics behind wingcom.

aaand this is what you get with the same setup, but if the wing is automated (0 crew). I am usually pretty light on mods so I havent used the hiigarian mod, but if you're not getting anything, im guessing the wing you assigned was maybe automated? Let me know if this helps :)

GFYguy

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #628 on: March 01, 2022, 01:59:53 AM »

I know this can happen if you use "strip" in space and not docked, since cores can only be swapped at markets. Otherwise removing the hullmod individually should work. Was this the case for you?
no, i was docked to a station, when the energy blaster is removed, no new option appears. i worked around this by using the default autofit option you have to go back to the start of the list, as that would allow me to cycle through it once again.

anhkhoa3302

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #629 on: March 01, 2022, 02:19:12 AM »

Valkazard is broken, I love it
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 106