Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 106

Author Topic: [0.97a] Arma Armatura v3.0.5 BETA [2/8/24]  (Read 653816 times)

hydremajor

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a] Arma Armatura 1.5.2c (8/30/2021)
« Reply #390 on: September 12, 2021, 12:19:34 PM »

Just making sure but:

Is it intended that LPCs can rearm/respawn at a Venture when it doesn't work with the Sheperd ?

TimeDiver

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: September 12, 2021, 01:52:15 PM »

shoi, is there any functional difference between 1.5.2d (from your Github) and the linked 1.5.2c in this thread, that would require updating?

There's a short changelog on said Github, but still sparse on overall details.

JUDGE! slowpersun

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: September 13, 2021, 02:06:15 AM »

yup, already got some new stuff in the works. probably wont take as long as the last update

Can you add/update (at least the destroyer mech) to include a co-pilot version of the wingcom system?  IE, it requires that you waste OP, but you can get a possible officer, as well as maybe an added ability that might not overlap with what you are already using (or not, not clear if wing com sub-officers get a single bonus from a small pool).  Destroyer just seems like it needs this as a trade-off for using it, but maybe it isn't as necessary for most other mechs.

Also, where is the rare TT mech wave motion gun blueprint?  Only to be outdone by the [REDACTED] gravity rift mine generating system... although why there aren't a few [REDACTED] mechs is a better question?

Whether Nex integration will eventually now be required is another question, I guess...?

Edit: spelling.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2021, 02:14:55 AM by slowpersun »
I wasn't always a Judge...

hydremajor

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: September 13, 2021, 02:32:40 AM »

why there aren't a few [REDACTED] mechs is a better question?

Why would you want that ?
You wouldn't get to play them at all since they can only fit A.I. cores for pilots/captain

at most you could enjoy a fight against a strike craft with the firepower of 2 lashers and the ability to respawn/repair infinitely while being able to just fly over you and groundpound your engines non-stop, doesn't sound like something I'd want anything to do with....

Killsode

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: September 13, 2021, 08:32:34 AM »

why there aren't a few [REDACTED] mechs is a better question?

Why would you want that ?
You wouldn't get to play them at all since they can only fit A.I. cores for pilots/captain

Well it could be a reverse engineered super hightech [redacted] version. Something like an altagrave with a phase-skimmer?

hydremajor

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: September 13, 2021, 09:01:22 AM »

it makes no sense in the lore, if the hegemony heard there was a company working with redacted tech they'd crawl all over 'em

just look at Tri-tach's constant butting heads with the hegemony

The only way you can get away with it is IF the company develloping thoses is in a working relationship with both the Hegemony and Tri-tach, that would give them SOME breathing room and opportunities to keep secrets from both factions by having said faction grant them research facilities in their respective owned space...

With Mesha acting as the public face of the company and headquarters, the funding probably goes to establishing a base to fall back to should things go sideways

Killsode

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: September 13, 2021, 10:54:56 AM »

good point. although if you really wanted to you could explain as a [redacted] conversion that was then recaptured and partially converted back? yeah, long stretch and a bit silly but as a unique supership i'd be enough if you also made some [redacted] drone conversions of a few fighter-LPC mechs too

Anycase, i'd be interested to see a full on phase mech, although maybe that'd have to be co-venture with tri-tach... or a tri-tach conversion of a mech?

hydremajor

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: September 13, 2021, 12:00:27 PM »

Quad Ion pulser Watchdog ?

shoi

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: September 13, 2021, 11:30:50 PM »

shoi, is there any functional difference between 1.5.2d (from your Github) and the linked 1.5.2c in this thread, that would require updating?

There's a short changelog on said Github, but still sparse on overall details.

besides the WINGCOM fix, can't say for certain what else is in there since its a pretty old one at this point. It wasn't intended for public consumption, so download at your own peril.

RE: remnant stuff, there are a lot of dumb ways to go about making it work but for now it's not a priority on things to do.

Just making sure but:

Is it intended that LPCs can rearm/respawn at a Venture when it doesn't work with the Sheperd ?
The only restriction with docking is no frigates or ships below a certain CR threshold. You probably shouldn't be able to land on ships whose only wing are built-in drones as well though.

yup, already got some new stuff in the works. probably wont take as long as the last update

Can you add/update (at least the destroyer mech) to include a co-pilot version of the wingcom system?  IE, it requires that you waste OP, but you can get a possible officer, as well as maybe an added ability that might not overlap with what you are already using (or not, not clear if wing com sub-officers get a single bonus from a small pool).  Destroyer just seems like it needs this as a trade-off for using it, but maybe it isn't as necessary for most other mechs.

Also, where is the rare TT mech wave motion gun blueprint?  Only to be outdone by the [REDACTED] gravity rift mine generating system... although why there aren't a few [REDACTED] mechs is a better question?

Whether Nex integration will eventually now be required is another question, I guess...?

The hullmod is wing command suite, so it doesnt make much sense for the destroyers to have it, unfortunately. I wouldn't say its needed either but there may be some type of skill-based bonus they will get down the line.

Abominable

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: September 14, 2021, 12:44:15 AM »

Guys I’m told the update is save compatible? I just overwrite the current mod folder or do i delete it and do a clean “install”?

Bruh I just start the installer and usually it picks up where the game's installed and automatically updates the game to its new version

Thank you!

JUDGE! slowpersun

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: September 15, 2021, 02:07:33 PM »

The hullmod is wing command suite, so it doesnt make much sense for the destroyers to have it, unfortunately. I wouldn't say its needed either but there may be some type of skill-based bonus they will get down the line.

Sorry, to clarify, I mean that the destroyer mech should require a literal "co-pilot" to run (a la Pacific Rim), adapted from the code for the wing command suite; basically as an additional tax for running the destroyer mech and getting it's special ability to block/fire back ammo, but the tradeoff would be that you get the possibility of the co-pilot promoting (plus maybe an extra skill if wingcom/copilots ever get a single officer bonus).  But up to you, it's your ball game.  This is definitely one of the best available mods!
I wasn't always a Judge...

Killsode

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: September 15, 2021, 06:14:31 PM »

Sorry, to clarify, I mean that the destroyer mech should require a literal "co-pilot" to run (a la Pacific Rim), adapted from the code for the wing command suite; basically as an additional tax for running the destroyer mech and getting it's special ability to block/fire back ammo, but the tradeoff would be that you get the possibility of the co-pilot promoting (plus maybe an extra skill if wingcom/copilots ever get a single officer bonus).  But up to you, it's your ball game.  This is definitely one of the best available mods!

i think the single pilot works fine for the destroyer sized mechs... but oh boy would i love to see a light cruiser sized mech,  that seems like a good place to put a gimmick/mechanic like that

6chad.noirlee9

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: September 16, 2021, 07:23:06 AM »

i think the single pilot works fine for the destroyer sized mechs... but oh boy would i love to see a light cruiser sized mech,  that seems like a good place to put a gimmick/mechanic like that

Yes all of this
edit: edit: maybe were just falling with style LOL.  make a bubble, make the space in front of it smaller and just fall forward

shoi

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: September 16, 2021, 11:11:42 PM »

quick fix for an issue that could pop up for existing saves.  lmk if you run into any issues

9-16-2021
V1.5.2e
-------------------
-Fixed bug that could lead to saves being unable to load
- Orders given to strikecraft to capture or assault objectives will now be immediately cancelled with a warning.
- fixed built-ins sometimes appearing in cargo after destroying ships that had swappable weapons
- Cataphract LPC Ground Bonus now applies to ships immediately instead of when docking at market(s)
-fixed hullmod mouse over crash for Cataphract LSM
-Fixe some formatting issues
-Fixed Curvy Laser projectiles striking friendly ships, removed debug messages generated

- WINGCOM SUITE:
    - fixed fighters performing worse as squad cohesion increased. oops

- Adjusted Gallant
    - Removed shields
    - Reduced Ammo to 1
    - Reduced Attack Run Range to 800
    - Increased HP to 450, Armor to 20
    - Increased turn speed

- fixed bug that would cause piloted strikecraft to lock up if switched command to another ship just as it landed

- fixed laser blade trails merging in certain cases, for real this time
https://tinyurl.com/ke7v2nnk
« Last Edit: September 17, 2021, 08:46:02 AM by shoi »

garfu

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a] Arma Armatura 1.5.2e (9/16/2021)
« Reply #404 on: September 17, 2021, 06:16:47 AM »

Using that version last night on a brand new save had me crash right after sector generation. I reverted back to 1.5.2c and am able to play fine. I have a whole bunch of mods though so it's prob something with that. I didn't test it on it's own. I guess this isn't a helpful comment... but something broke between c and e
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 106