Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 106

Author Topic: [0.97a] Arma Armatura v3.0.5 BETA [2/8/24]  (Read 654110 times)

hydremajor

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a] Arma Armatura 1.4.8RC3 (5/28/2021)
« Reply #270 on: June 16, 2021, 04:38:46 AM »

Huh there's a thought

what about physical shields ?

The trick here would be to make it so if a EMP weapon is used and hits the shield, the EMP arc doesn't go and hit systems on the mech, so you'd have to first destroy/damage the shield before EMP weapons would be effective

As a trade off the weapons would be somewhat less effective, either due to a lack of accuracy OR a slower firerate because the mech has to absorb the recoil with a single arm ?

shoi

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: June 16, 2021, 01:06:01 PM »

Wait

If THAT is possible, what of stuff like the Zeong's detachable arms and finger guns ?

yeah. would it look good? probably not for smaller stuff, but it could work on the a frigate+ sized thing

Huh there's a thought

The trick here would be to make it so if a EMP weapon is used and hits the shield, the EMP arc doesn't go and hit systems on the mech, so you'd have to first destroy/damage the shield before EMP weapons would be effective

As a trade off the weapons would be somewhat less effective, either due to a lack of accuracy OR a slower firerate because the mech has to absorb the recoil with a single arm ?

it'd be easy enough to do, but the only way I see it working in broad terms (I.E. AI knows what to do with it) would be making it a custom right click. but at that point, isn't it just a worse damper field?

Killsode

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: June 16, 2021, 09:15:09 PM »

Huh there's a thought

it'd be easy enough to do, but the only way I see it working in broad terms (I.E. AI knows what to do with it) would be making it a custom right click. but at that point, isn't it just a worse damper field?

I think this could possibly work for an alternative for the altagrave, a more tanky variant with a slab of disposable armor.

(for example ^)
a dumb slab of armor that the mech moves when aiming? slower by base but gets a speed boost when the shield is destroyed? IE, scy-nations modular armor.
The AI should get enough use out of it if just simply facing towards the enemies gives you enough cover.

Pep

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: June 18, 2021, 02:00:13 PM »

Wow, this mod is something else! Playable fighters are super fun!! Do you plan to add more regular ones that are more vanilla adjacent? Like a playable xyphos?? (Btw, i think you did great trying to keep them close to the lore, but imo  the small mechs while vanilla friendly are not vanilla adjacent, hope this make sense)!!

Aleste is soooo much fun, i think the einhander might need a nerf though, it scales to absurd levels especially with lhase skills. Anyway excitrd to see what thr new mech is like!!

kikta

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: June 18, 2021, 05:50:13 PM »

I guess we shouldn't be able to get curvy lasers, otherwise, it yields some interesting results... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BAke0lVnzEU&ab_channel=kikta%E2%80%9CSirKikta%E2%80%9D
(got one from research station and then bought 8 at prism port)

shoi

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: June 19, 2021, 12:34:09 AM »

I guess we shouldn't be able to get curvy lasers, otherwise, it yields some interesting results... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BAke0lVnzEU&ab_channel=kikta%E2%80%9CSirKikta%E2%80%9D
(got one from research station and then bought 8 at prism port)
Yeah, haha.. they're very pretty , but certainly not balanced for regular play :'(

Wow, this mod is something else! Playable fighters are super fun!! Do you plan to add more regular ones that are more vanilla adjacent? Like a playable xyphos?? (Btw, i think you did great trying to keep them close to the lore, but imo  the small mechs while vanilla friendly are not vanilla adjacent, hope this make sense)!!

Aleste is soooo much fun, i think the einhander might need a nerf though, it scales to absurd levels especially with lhase skills. Anyway excitrd to see what thr new mech is like!!

thanks..re: other fighters, everyone seems to love mod bloat...so why not

hydremajor

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: June 19, 2021, 02:13:35 AM »

thanks..re: other fighters, everyone seems to love mod bloat...so why not

As a side note, you could probably make it its own side-mod
complete with A.I. wingmen following close to your own ship

Heck having a squad of mechs instead of just the one could be fun...

shoi

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: June 19, 2021, 02:25:13 AM »

As a side note, you could probably make it its own side-mod
complete with A.I. wingmen following close to your own ship

Heck having a squad of mechs instead of just the one could be fun...

if this is what you're looking for, you might like the new one in dev... ;)

Dr.Rumba

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: June 21, 2021, 12:01:48 AM »

This is AMAZING I love mechs! Any ETA on the next update or just whenever its done? Im very excited! May I also suggest adding mechs with blunt, sword, and energy type melee weapons of the frigate variety, don't want to over burden you just spit ballin.

shoi

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: June 21, 2021, 06:38:00 PM »

Thanks! It'll probably be a few weeks, plus or minus some if I decide to succumb to feature creep. Some more melee stuff (and the oft requested physical shield(s)) is probably on the docket at some point in the future if I can find a good way for it to work with AI.

Dr.Rumba

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: June 21, 2021, 09:45:48 PM »

LOVE YOU! I'm not exaggerating in the slightest when I say I'm absolutely grateful that you've created such a mod and allowed me to realize my mech dreams in this game; it scratches an itch nobody has been able to reach in a while. It might sound like I'm exaggerating, but this weird 2D spes shap game really hits the spot and then this mod is just another blessing on top.

Please keep doing what you are doing and don't give up the mod, but also don't become a bedroom goblin over modding. THANK YOU!

6chad.noirlee9

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: June 23, 2021, 10:52:51 AM »

Spoiler
Thanks! It'll probably be a few weeks, plus or minus some if I decide to succumb to feature creep. Some more melee stuff (and the oft requested physical shield(s)) is probably on the docket at some point in the future if I can find a good way for it to work with AI.
[close]

Real excited for the update.

I'm about to start editing my first starsector video (I changed my username on here to match my youtube personality name)

The intro video actually showcases the aleste!
It has: built in hardened armor/shields
Aux thrusters
Reinforced bulkheads
7 capacitors
10 vents
1 reaper
1 small arc emitter

Currently using the plasma flamer and the laser sword

I'll send a message with the link when I'm done, ifnyou want me to
edit: edit: maybe were just falling with style LOL.  make a bubble, make the space in front of it smaller and just fall forward

Jinnigan

• Ensign
  • as our gallop meets the earth
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: June 25, 2021, 01:02:24 PM »

This thing showed up as a 0 ordnance small energy weapon. It should probably be in as a ~25-30ordance large energy weapon. Or taken out of the loot pool since it appears to be a station weapon? well, hope this helps

« Last Edit: June 25, 2021, 01:49:09 PM by Jinnigan »

shoi

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: June 26, 2021, 02:44:28 AM »

Spoiler
[close]

Real excited for the update.

I'm about to start editing my first starsector video (I changed my username on here to match my youtube personality name)

The intro video actually showcases the aleste!
It has: built in hardened armor/shields
Aux thrusters
Reinforced bulkheads
7 capacitors
10 vents
1 reaper
1 small arc emitter

Currently using the plasma flamer and the laser sword

I'll send a message with the link when I'm done, ifnyou want me to

sure :)

re the curvy laser, i rushed last release out and forgot to stop it from dropping. it's been rebalanced and probably going to be something you get from...well, I still have to figure that part out.

JUDGE! slowpersun

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: June 26, 2021, 01:00:26 PM »

sure :)

re the curvy laser, i rushed last release out and forgot to stop it from dropping. it's been rebalanced and probably going to be something you get from...well, I still have to figure that part out.

It does look cool though.  But definitely overflowing into regular weapons pool with current version, funny to watch pirates to sometimes drop them in fights.
I wasn't always a Judge...
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 106