Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 106

Author Topic: [0.97a] Arma Armatura v3.0.5 BETA [2/8/24]  (Read 653381 times)

shoi

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a] Arma Armatura 1.4.8RC3 (5/28/2021)
« Reply #240 on: May 28, 2021, 02:43:31 PM »

Small update. I'm too lazy to post the link twice, so you can grab it on the front page.
-Added landing beacon to Einhander
-Fixed alternating weapon bug with Garegga's Pulse laser
- Aleste:
   -Laser Blade:
      -Laser Blade attacks are now swings instead of stabs; should generally be easier to connect with
      -First strike with Laser Blade now slightly knocks back the user
      -Added Hit and swing fx
      - Burst Damage is dealt on first strike

V1.4.8RC2
--------------
- Stopped recordbreaker from always being in the title screen battles
- Added more details on what fighter-related skills apply to Strikecraft to Strikecraft hmod desc
- Strikecraft will no longer kill themselves if the carrier they are on retreats
   - will retreat as well
- Fixed crash caused by Strikecraft retreating while on carrier

- Refit rate should be properly clamped and no longer go below 30%
- Max Refit Time Penalty (w/ missiles equipped) 30%->35%
- Refitting at carrier now reduces that carriers replacement rate
- Reversed LPC removal from indies/persean/pirates
- Adjusted CR bar color to match native UI
- Added combat UI notification on CR loss for strikecraft when CR <= 40%
- adjusted starship legends hull damage impact on rating for aleste & einhander to account for repairs to hull
-added minor turret angle offsets to all weapons - should improve accuracy esp. against smaller objects like fighters and missiles

-Einhänder:
-DP: 8->11
-Phase Cost & Upkeep: 0.08->0.1
-Phase Damper Cooldown: 2->3
-Cr/Deployment ->40%
-Fixed bug where permanent time dilation would be applied when player-piloted einhander was destroyed in certain scenarios

-Garegga:
-DP: 8->9

-Garegga(TT):
-Added glow sprite to pulse lasers
-System: Plasma Jets -> Silversword
-Fixed incorrect turret arcs

-Aleste:
-Added glow sprite to Rynex Pulse Rifle
-DP: 5->6
-Ground Support Bonus: 25->15
-Stake Driver:
-Burst Size: 2->6
-Ammo: I forgot->18
-Stake Driver proj is now bit more visually prominent
-Minor fx/sfx tweaks to Laser Blade

snip
This update should fix your issue..or well I think it should , sinc I couldn't replicat, but I recall running into it beforehand. Limited ammo Aleste's should return to carrier as soon as they run out of all ammo, tho, but otherwise they should not. I think there was an issue with the landing override still being used by AI

Re: Melee weapons
I'll probably try to make it so I can rig two laser swords being used at once without breaking every animation first, then save extra stuff for other new mechs. The spear idea, for example, should be pretty easy to achieve. I also thought about some kind of Rocket Punch thing, though I suppose that's not really a melee weapon

Katsumi

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: May 28, 2021, 05:04:55 PM »

This update should fix your issue..or well I think it should , sinc I couldn't replicat, but I recall running into it beforehand. Limited ammo Aleste's should return to carrier as soon as they run out of all ammo, tho, but otherwise they should not. I think there was an issue with the landing override still being used by AI

Just gave it a test, and whatever you changed seems to have fixed it. My Aleste's are behaving normally now, with no change to their officers or fittings. Radical. ^.^

New sword animation is rad as heck, too!

Kenshkrix

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: May 29, 2021, 05:16:15 PM »

Just started using this mod, pretty great so far and I haven't run into any significant problems yet.

I did notice an insignificant problem, however, which is that the ship systems don't utilize ship system range modifications (such as from the Systems Expertise skill).

JUDGE! slowpersun

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: May 30, 2021, 11:43:37 AM »

Just started using this mod, pretty great so far and I haven't run into any significant problems yet.

I did notice an insignificant problem, however, which is that the ship systems don't utilize ship system range modifications (such as from the Systems Expertise skill).

Probably because the mod I guess only considers the pilotable mechs as frigates/ships in the campaign layer, but considers them fighters in the battle mode.  Thus, mod doesn't apply such bonuses (though whether this is intentional by Shoi or a bug, I couldn't say).
I wasn't always a Judge...

shoi

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: May 30, 2021, 02:47:42 PM »

The fighter-frigs and altagrave definitely benefit from systems expertise, so I can only guess as to what Kenshkrix is talking about. Probably SILVERSWORD, which I don't think would fit in any of the categories to benefit from sys expertise without me adding some code to it

Kenshkrix

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: May 30, 2021, 10:38:36 PM »

The KARMA system is unaffected by modified ship system range, to be more specific.
I noticed because I was testing extreme modifiers to the MutableShipStats to figure out what they do.
Most of the ship systems in the game (and mods) don't have an appreciable 'range' component, so the ones that do were more obvious during that part of the testing, it's not exactly important but I just figured I'd mention it anyways.

shoi

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: May 31, 2021, 01:54:27 AM »

AH! I see. I was under the impression the skill was an if-else kind of deal.

how I 'checked' was just seeing if charges increased for altagrave and the other ships, which they did; but I never thought to check anything else.Sounds like this is wrong, though? I'll go and get that fixed, then.

Killsode

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: June 02, 2021, 03:32:29 AM »

hmmmm, what could be wrong here?

found this funny little guy after updating and looting a research station. doesnt cause any crashes and i just found this amusing. I dont think i have any mods that would cause this so its probably worth checking.

shoi

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: June 02, 2021, 08:26:52 AM »

yeah, wip weapon that I forgot to remove from release.

IonDragonX

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: June 02, 2021, 11:04:46 AM »

48.000 EMP damage every 10s? Whoa!

hydremajor

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: June 03, 2021, 12:18:53 AM »

IF you want some inpiration for mech design, might I suggest Hardcore Mecha on Steam ?
sidescrolling mech game that plays kinda like metal slug

Comes with a tech tree for its mechs in the simulation mode

6chad.noirlee9

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: June 04, 2021, 02:52:59 PM »

.......not saying I dont absolutely love the balancing and new animations, but I think in the future you should use the old version of the sword for a *veryspecial pilotable something because ALTHOUGH SUPER OVERPOWERED it was really a ton of fun to use.

Aside from that, I REALLY like the changes and the valken x is magnificent!  ......now to go buy a new microphone
edit: edit: maybe were just falling with style LOL.  make a bubble, make the space in front of it smaller and just fall forward

Harpuea

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: June 05, 2021, 03:54:11 PM »

Loving the new Aleste! It almost got everything I ever wanted for a pilotable mech! Various armaments, beam sabers, and new and improved Docking AI. Very nice. Do you mind if I steal some of the improvements you made for the Docking AI?

Katsumi

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: June 05, 2021, 06:19:02 PM »

Well, I hope you put it on something in the future, because I was playing around with it and it's rad.

shoi

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: June 05, 2021, 08:24:45 PM »

Loving the new Aleste! It almost got everything I ever wanted for a pilotable mech! Various armaments, beam sabers, and new and improved Docking AI. Very nice. Do you mind if I steal some of the improvements you made for the Docking AI?

Wouldn't be possible without you! By all means, go ahead.

.......not saying I dont absolutely love the balancing and new animations, but I think in the future you should use the old version of the sword for a *veryspecial pilotable something because ALTHOUGH SUPER OVERPOWERED it was really a ton of fun to use.

Aside from that, I REALLY like the changes and the valken x is magnificent!  ......now to go buy a new microphone

Thanks! The old version will return at some point, although it probably won't be as a sword.

IF you want some inpiration for mech design, might I suggest Hardcore Mecha on Steam ?
sidescrolling mech game that plays kinda like metal slug

Comes with a tech tree for its mechs in the simulation mode

sure, will check it out

48.000 EMP damage every 10s? Whoa!
yeah, its pretty nuts at the moment, though the EMP isnt even the worst thing about it
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 106