Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 105

Author Topic: [0.97a] Arma Armatura v3.0.5 BETA [2/8/24]  (Read 645700 times)

ShpunkY

• Lieutenant
  • Just another piece of ***
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a] Arma Armatura 1.4.3c
« Reply #90 on: April 01, 2021, 12:43:12 PM »

« Last Edit: April 01, 2021, 01:41:52 PM by ShpunkY »

shoi

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: April 01, 2021, 03:10:38 PM »

False alarm seems you fixed it....

Say will you make mechs for every major stage of the game ?
like you can go through the whole game using nothing BUT mechs ?

'm not sure.

You can probably do pretty well with a pure mech fleet at this point, especially with the buffs to frigates and destroyers in .95a. The EX Altagrave is pretty absurd for tackling destroyer+ threats, and failing that, there are the regalia from Tahlan Shipworks that are in the cruiser weight class.

If you specifically mean, like...cruiser and capital sized mechs, though, I probably don't have the skill to tackle that yet. For Altagrave and the Garegga, my design process was basically "smash ship parts together with no clear goal" until I had something I kind of liked, and then refining that  over a period of time..which probably won't end well for large scale things  ;D.

We'll see, I guess.

hydremajor

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: April 01, 2021, 03:38:32 PM »

Seeing that most additions are named after bullet hell games
I'm wondering if some of the Shmups I played will get representation

R-Type
Axelay
Strikers 1945 2
XII Stag

I'd mention indie Shmups I played on steam but thats a stretch...

shoi

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: April 02, 2021, 12:02:46 AM »

There's already a R-Type reference!

This guy is based off the R-9A2 from Delta, complete with a notWave Cannon.

Jet Black

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: April 02, 2021, 11:02:05 AM »

Cant wait to play with this mod. Currently waiting on a few other mods to update for my next game! You are truly talented!

Harpuea

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: April 02, 2021, 10:43:34 PM »

Hello Shoi,

I have been working on something for personal playthrough for a while now. I really like your mod and think it would be of great benefit to yours as well. It's a hullmod that let ships land on other ships for repairs.

https://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=20415.0

https://i.imgur.com/sX3vdi7.mp4

The landing AI is based off Sundog's and Ed's code, similar to your repair drones. You can take all of my spaghetti code if you wish. Thank you for all the work you put into your mod.

shoi

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: April 03, 2021, 09:39:20 PM »

Thanks! That's pretty cool, will look into it.

dk1332

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: April 04, 2021, 02:57:27 AM »

Hey man, I got a question about the Einhander and Garegga.

Is it a fighter or a ship? I found a guy in an independent world that sells a production slot and one of the ships was the Einhander. Ordered one for 65,000 credits. When I received it, its stats is pretty much more or less fighter tier and died instantly against a simulator Cerberus.

And about the Garegga, the only Garegga models I can find are the Tri-Trachyon conversions. Does the standard model not spawn in markets?

shoi

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: April 04, 2021, 05:02:54 AM »

It's better to think of the Einhänder as a super fighter than a frigate. Even then, losing to a Cerberus - especially instantly - would be pretty bizzare. The only way I can imagine that happening is if it attacked the ship directly from the front without using its defensive system..and even then, i've never seen AI do that terribly when using it.

As for the Garegga, if you added the mod to an existing save, the only way you'd be able to come across it would be by finding the blueprint. In new saves there's a new system that's added with an independent market that sells everything.

This can be kind of a pain, so the next update will have them and most of the mod roster show up  in independent + black markets at a reduced rate, while they wil appear at the mod added planet at higher rates.

speeder

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: April 04, 2021, 03:59:24 PM »

What vehicle on this mod is the best one for a flagship?

The mod introduces, even if hard to find, any kind of "ace custom" vehicle? (some stronger version of a normal vehicle that has special features or something and is worth dumping story points in it to improve it even further)

shoi

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: April 04, 2021, 11:10:26 PM »

Altagrave EX is probably what you are looking for. You can't get it normally in 0.95a due to the lack of HVBs and nexerelin, but if you want to play around with it you can add it via console commands with "addship armaa_altagrave_ex_standard"

dk1332

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: April 05, 2021, 12:35:22 AM »

It's better to think of the Einhänder as a super fighter than a frigate. Even then, losing to a Cerberus - especially instantly - would be pretty bizzare. The only way I can imagine that happening is if it attacked the ship directly from the front without using its defensive system..and even then, i've never seen AI do that terribly when using it.

As for the Garegga, if you added the mod to an existing save, the only way you'd be able to come across it would be by finding the blueprint. In new saves there's a new system that's added with an independent market that sells everything.

This can be kind of a pain, so the next update will have them and most of the mod roster show up  in independent + black markets at a reduced rate, while they wil appear at the mod added planet at higher rates.

I think I got the possible reason why the Einhander lost to a sim Cerberus. I set it to "auto pilot". During one of my encounters with a pirate fleet, I tried to use it but had to switch to auto pilot due to irl reasons. I did get the "Auto Pilot Engaged" message on the top left of the screen. Needless to say, I saw it just drifted straight on its own. No movements or what-so ever. Is this intended as if the unit is only designed to be used by players?

It_that_watches

• Ensign
  • Effigy of Nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: April 05, 2021, 02:13:48 AM »

The Einhanders are kinda scary in my experience.
They remind me of the larger Neutrino Corp strike craft, not quite a frigate, moreso a corvette, for sure a grade above an ordinary fighter.

shoi

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: April 05, 2021, 03:48:16 PM »

I think I got the possible reason why the Einhander lost to a sim Cerberus. I set it to "auto pilot". During one of my encounters with a pirate fleet, I tried to use it but had to switch to auto pilot due to irl reasons. I did get the "Auto Pilot Engaged" message on the top left of the screen. Needless to say, I saw it just drifted straight on its own. No movements or what-so ever. Is this intended as if the unit is only designed to be used by players?

Yeah, seems like a bug. Should be AI capable as well. I'll look into it
« Last Edit: April 05, 2021, 05:04:28 PM by shoi »

#Negi

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Arma Armatura 1.4.1
« Reply #104 on: April 06, 2021, 09:46:35 PM »

Double post, but I made a mistake in the latest release that would cause a crash with certain mods. It's been fixed now, so if you happened to download prior to this message, you should redownload the updated version in the previous post, or here: https://tinyurl.com/y59a8k3x

When I download and extract this, it says its version 1.4, not 1.4.2, and it crashes on startup.  Do you still have this version?  Thank you. 
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 105