Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 106

Author Topic: [0.97a] Arma Armatura v3.0.5 BETA [2/8/24]  (Read 653864 times)

• Ensign
    • View Profile

thank U really :)

TheArchange

• Ensign
  • I want to understand the enemy.
    • View Profile

There are pilots like you in every generation, Pilot with the Three Strikes.

SpaceDrake

• Captain
  • Piloting space mecha for fun and profit(?)
    • View Profile

You know, as I mess around with it, I think my favorite thing about Arma 2.0 is how it brings back a lot of the original ideas Alex had about the use of fighters all the way at the start of the project, but updates the concept with an eye toward the reasons Alex did the big fighter rework in 2016 into the system we have today. ArmaA, strikecraft and WINGCOM now allow you to deploy wings forward with a high-performance vanguard ship taking the role of wing-leader, but this carries a fair bit of risk and its own difficulties - the wings basically have to stick to the wing leader for attacking, they still rely on an on-field carrier to re-arm (and must then travel back to the wing leader if the lead is still in combat, or just hang out while the lead gets refurbished), and the wing leader ships are now often a fair bit more pricey to maintain than the old fighter wings were and do take up what could be valuable fleet space for a full-size vessel. It's a neat balancing act and brings back a bit of that "original" flavor while remaining a fun and unique experience on its own.

Basically I really can't wait to see what's next for the mod. :V Dare I pray for something like Diable integration or something equally bonkers?

Mosthra

• Ensign
    • View Profile

Perhaps someone has asked about this. i don't know.
But Strikecraft (Cataphract) "Strikecraft blur the line between frigates and fighters.".
But is Strikecraft considered frigates or fighters? If I raise a skill that increases the stats of fighters, will Strikecraft benefit from that skill? Or is Strikecraft considered a frigates, a regular ship not fighters?
I'm wondering if my skills will work with Strikecraft.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2022, 04:50:26 AM by Mosthra »

SpaceDrake

• Captain
    • View Profile

But is Strikecraft considered frigates or fighters? If I raise a skill that increases the stats of fighters, will Strikecraft benefit from that skill? Or is Strikecraft considered a frigates, a regular ship not fighters?

For all skill purposes, pilotable strikecraft are considered frigates, yes. So Wolfpack will give you +50% operation time, etc. while the pilotable strikecraft won't benefit, IIRC, from the fighter buff portions of the two carrier-based skills (but any fighter/mech wings assigned to pilotable strikecraft via WINGCOM will benefit). The main difference between a strikecraft and frigate is that anything smaller/less advanced than an Einhander or Valkazard cannot capture points on the battle map, and ships will "treat" them like fighters and focus more PD weapons on them when available, and strikecraft can move "through" ships and terrain as a fighter can.

shoi

• Admiral
    • View Profile

Perhaps someone has asked about this. i don't know.
But Strikecraft (Cataphract) "Strikecraft blur the line between frigates and fighters.".
For the most part they're essentially frigates, save for the exceptions SpaceDrake mentioned.
The primary skill they are affected by that normally only affects fighters is the Point Defense skill(specifically the damage bonus), which has them take additional damage from all weapons employed by an enemy officer who has it.

Strikecraft don't get any fighter bonuses because they don't have any fighter wing to be attached to, which iirc is normally what would be used to get said bonuses from the captain of their source ship (per the API, you can assign ships to a wing, though I've never tried it before).

Basically I really can't wait to see what's next for the mod. :V Dare I pray for something like Diable integration or something equally bonkers?

someone else asked about this in the discord. i could make sub mod for it but I have to ask tartiflette for permission first, then maybe ill do it at some point

Mosthra

• Ensign
    • View Profile

Thank you both for your answers

SpaceDrake

• Captain
    • View Profile

Oh! I do have a Bug Report™, by the way.

So you can find a free Aleste set up for a sword build with Hardened Subsystems "built-in" for free (i.e. it doesn't count toward the build-in limit and it isn't supposed to cost any OP) at One Of The Spoiler Places In That System.

However, because of the way this has been implemented (just making that individual Aleste have it instead of using a .skin file to make it intrinsic to the hull), whenever you go into the build-in menu from the refit screen and then exit out (perhaps without building anything else in), the Hardened Subsystems hullmod loses its previous status and becomes a normal, non-built-in hullmod. This should be pretty easy to replicate on the fitting screen.

powerkillera

• Ensign
    • View Profile

So, strikecraft can, in fact, capture points.
The game does scream at you if you assign strikecraft directly, and it doesn't send strikecraft to try and capture points, but if you set a waypoint right next to a point and have an Aleste loiter near it for a moment, it does actually capture the point.

shoi

• Admiral
    • View Profile

only happens if you open up command ui. nothing i can do about it (for now)
Oh! I do have a Bug Report™, by the way.

So you can find a free Aleste set up for a sword build with Hardened Subsystems "built-in" for free (i.e. it doesn't count toward the build-in limit and it isn't supposed to cost any OP) at One Of The Spoiler Places In That System.

However, because of the way this has been implemented (just making that individual Aleste have it instead of using a .skin file to make it intrinsic to the hull), whenever you go into the build-in menu from the refit screen and then exit out (perhaps without building anything else in), the Hardened Subsystems hullmod loses its previous status and becomes a normal, non-built-in hullmod. This should be pretty easy to replicate on the fitting screen.

thanks, wil check
« Last Edit: April 01, 2022, 02:19:13 AM by shoi »

Mr_8000

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile

This is just a bug report of stuff I noticed in 2.05

-Various things are missing descriptions, the ones I noticed specifically are (by id):
(weapons)
armaa_altagrave_syrinx
armaa_altagrave_blade
armaa_kouto_torso_frig
armaa_einhander_plus_head
armaa_leynos_minigun_right (despite the id this is actually an aleste weapon)
There's also various fightercraft (LPC only) weapons that are missing descriptions, but personally I'm not the type to mind those.

(hullmods)
armaa_variableRifle (this might be intended, still gonna list it)
armaa_selector_gauss
armaa_selector_hellbore

armaa_flare_decoy (system) seems to have been copied improperly, the text repeats twice and lists ",Defensive,"

The watchdog has a typo in its tags, armaa_mobilearmo (missing "r").
The watchdog's weapon switching isn't functioning properly, it only swaps guns when both hullmods are missing. You cannot use both hellbores or guass unless stripping the hull until desired results. Most likely stems from having both switchers (LEFTSWITCH,RIGHTSWITCH) look for the same hullmods, unlike other craft where left/right gun hullmods are distinct.
Since I've listed the watchdog twice now, I don't like the AI's use of the system, it cannot properly chase ships since it leaves the system on even when the enemy is backing off.

Valkazard counter shield body incorrectly states shield arc is decreased by 0%.

Leynos right arm crusher hullmod sorts differently than the other switcher hullmods, it always favors the bottom of the list (of installed hullmods) instead of the top as the others do.

Wingcom suite has an extra percent symbol under the details tab ("skills over time%").

Now a bit of balance feedback, the Leynos left arm railgun is terrible. Compared to a standard railgun all it has is non-arcing EMP (worth very little) and worse DPS, and yet it costs more than double the flux per damage (efficiency 2.25 vs 0.9)

Finally a question, since the baseline altagrave has a "laser sword" in its left arm slot, are the (C) and (G) variants supposed to have nothing there? The (G) variant especially, since it alone has a movement system allowing for easier use of a melee weapon.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2022, 04:52:24 PM by Mr_8000 »

IGdood

• Commander
    • View Profile

Is this potentially AA related?

Happens right when I blow up the last enemy ship

java.lang.NullPointerException
    at com.fs.starfarer.combat.ai.FighterAI.pickManeuver(Unknown Source)
    at com.fs.starfarer.combat.ai.FighterAI.cancelCurrentManeuver(Unknown Source)
    at com.fs.starfarer.combat.tasks.CombatTaskManager.o00000(Unknown Source)
    at com.fs.starfarer.combat.tasks.CombatTaskManager.cancelDirectOrdersForMember(Unknown Source)
    at com.fs.starfarer.combat.tasks.CombatTaskManager.giveDirectOrder(Unknown Source)
    at com.fs.starfarer.combat.tasks.CombatTaskManager.giveDirectOrder(Unknown Source)
    at com.fs.starfarer.combat.tasks.CombatTaskManager.orderFullRetreat(Unknown Source)
    at com.fs.starfarer.combat.ai.admiral.BaseBattleStrategy.?O0000(Unknown Source)
    at com.fs.starfarer.combat.ai.admiral.BaseBattleStrategy.Object(Unknown Source)
    at com.fs.starfarer.combat.ai.admiral.B.?00000(Unknown Source)
    at com.fs.starfarer.combat.ai.admiral.AdmiralAI.advance(Unknown Source)
    at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatFleetManager.advance(Unknown Source)
    at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatEngine.advanceInner(Unknown Source)
    at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatEngine.advance(Unknown Source)
    at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatState.traverse(Unknown Source)
    at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
    at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
    at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher.o00000(Unknown Source)
    at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$1.run(Unknown Source)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748)

memeextremist

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile

hello, I just got your mod today and am getting this crash when hitting "manage" on a squad leader. I tried it twice, and same result. I thought I'd let you know. thanks! so far it's really fun

Code
65563 [Thread-3] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.NullPointerException
java.lang.NullPointerException
at data.scripts.campaign.intel.armaa_squadManagerIntel.createSquadView(armaa_squadManagerIntel.java:233)
at data.scripts.campaign.intel.armaa_squadManagerIntel.createLargeDescription(armaa_squadManagerIntel.java:534)
at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.comms.v2.EventsPanel.Ò00000(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.comms.v2.EventsPanel.updateUIForItem(Unknown Source)
at data.scripts.campaign.intel.armaa_squadManagerIntel.buttonPressConfirmed(armaa_squadManagerIntel.java:574)
at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.comms.v2.EventsPanel.actionPerformed(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.ui.OoO0.buttonPressed(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.ui.oooO.Ò00000(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.ui.oooO.processInput(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.ui.V.o00000(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.BaseGameState.traverse(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher.o00000(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$1.run(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Sgt.Schnitzel

• Ensign
    • View Profile

Alright so every single fighter i launch from a carrier that has wingcom immediatly has a critical malfuntion and sometimes just straight up explodes. I have no idea why thats happening :/

CrashToDesktop

• Admiral
  • Quartermaster
    • View Profile

Alright so every single fighter i launch from a carrier that has wingcom immediatly has a critical malfuntion and sometimes just straight up explodes. I have no idea why thats happening :/
Some interference with Modern Carriers? I know Modern Carriers has that functionality as a failsafe under certain circumstances.
Quote from: Trylobot
I am officially an epoch.
Quote from: Thaago
Note: please sacrifice your goats responsibly, look up the proper pronunciation of Alex's name. We wouldn't want some other project receiving mystic power.
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 106