Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 106

Author Topic: [0.97a] Arma Armatura v3.0.5 BETA [2/8/24]  (Read 653031 times)

TrickyTidy

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] ArmaA Robotics
« Reply #30 on: November 07, 2020, 03:48:21 PM »

Didn’t get a chance to explore what happened because I had to step out but my game crashed after installing the new mod. Something about missing a trail fx probably on the homing lasers. Just thought you should know.

Thanks for letting me know! I did a quick double check and don't see anything missing in the files, so just to double check do you happen to have MagicLib and installed?

EDIT: Nevermind, I see what the issue is. Fixed!

Awesome! Love the new updates to the mod. Keep up the great work 

shoi

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 09, 2020, 12:55:48 PM »

Small Update. AI controlled Einhänder will now attempt to return to carriers instead of fighting to CR death.
Save Compat.
V1.1.1
---------
Einhänder:
-Increase turn rate 100->110
Offense Mode: Speed+Manuverability:40%->50%
Corrected system desc; stated 30% dmg increase, replaced with more accurate description
Juno DMG: 100->110;
DP: 7 -> 6
-Juno hit fx with system active reduced in intensity
-misc fx adjustments
- AI controlled Einhänder will autonomously return to carrier at low CR
---------
Bihänder:
-System: Damper-> Production P-Damper
-HP: 700
-Armor: 150->200
Replaced Micromissile -> Homing Laser
---

Download v.1.1.1 for 0.9.1a

Awesome! Love the new updates to the mod. Keep up the great work

Mr_8000

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 09, 2020, 06:40:16 PM »

Upon deploying the Einhänder (seemingly only when I'm not currently piloting it), I crash. Here's the relevant part of the log.

Spoiler
35511 [Thread-4] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.NullPointerException
java.lang.NullPointerException
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.tasks.CombatTask.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.tasks.CombatTaskManager.createAssignment(Unknown Source)
   at data.scripts.plugins.armaa_EinhanderHaxPlugin.advance(armaa_EinhanderHaxPlugin.java:75)
   at com.fs.starfarer.title.Object.float$Oo.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.oOOO.B.super(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatEngine.advanceInner(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatEngine.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatState.traverse(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$1.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
[close]

This even happens in the mission accessible from the main menu.

Edit: Also occurs if switching from the Einhänder to another ship, but not when toggling autopilot.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2020, 07:04:03 PM by Mr_8000 »

shoi

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 09, 2020, 09:33:45 PM »

Upon deploying the Einhänder (seemingly only when I'm not currently piloting it), I crash. Here's the relevant part of the log.

Spoiler
35511 [Thread-4] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.NullPointerException
java.lang.NullPointerException
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.tasks.CombatTask.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.tasks.CombatTaskManager.createAssignment(Unknown Source)
   at data.scripts.plugins.armaa_EinhanderHaxPlugin.advance(armaa_EinhanderHaxPlugin.java:75)
   at com.fs.starfarer.title.Object.float$Oo.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.oOOO.B.super(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatEngine.advanceInner(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatEngine.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatState.traverse(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$1.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
[close]

This even happens in the mission accessible from the main menu.

Edit: Also occurs if switching from the Einhänder to another ship, but not when toggling autopilot.

Quick update, thanks for letting me know. Should fix things!

V1.1.2

---------
-Fixed crash when deploying AI-controlled Einhänder in certain order
-Fixed crash when deploying Einhänder without any weapons assigned to the Pila
« Last Edit: November 09, 2020, 10:28:02 PM by shoi »

Mr_8000

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 10, 2020, 10:55:14 AM »

Thank you for the continued efforts on this mod. That said, I have more issues to report:

-The Pila UWS refuses to fire anything I put on it, even the default tactical laser it receives from autofit
Edit: on further inspection, it seems the wing itself doesn't actually receive the weapon
Spoiler
[close]

-The production phase-d field system lacks a description
« Last Edit: November 10, 2020, 03:48:24 PM by Mr_8000 »

shoi

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 10, 2020, 04:17:13 PM »

I ran into that issue before, but I thought I fixed. It's working in my current version, which is weird. Here's another fix with the missing desc. Sorry about that :( Let me know if this fixes it for you!

There is still an issue where some weapons (biggest one that comes to mind is the Antimatter Blaster) can be equipped, but won't be fired because the drone just doesn't have enough flux to sustain it. It's intentional since I though dual AMB would be pretty cheese, but I'm not 100% sure on what I want to do about it. I could probably make it usable but impose another penalty of some sort for high flux weapons, but atm it just wont shoot, so for now it's a good idea to run any weapons you equip in the simulator beforehand to make sure the drones can sustain it.

V1.1.3
------------
DOWNLOAD V1.1.3
-small fx adjustment on Einhänder + Bihänder
-Add system desc for P-Damper Field (Bihander ver)
-Fix bug where Pila would never equipped their assigned weapon due to bad logic
« Last Edit: November 10, 2020, 04:23:00 PM by shoi »

Mr_8000

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 10, 2020, 04:25:35 PM »

Seems to be working fine now, much appreciated!

Mr_8000

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 11, 2020, 07:23:00 PM »

Alright I'm back again, I've noticed the kouto wing seems to be either missing a weapon, or the change wasn't reflected right in the patch notes.
Spoiler
[close]
(note the first weapon lacks a name)
Looking at the files, "armaa_kouto_torso" appears to have been a weapon at some point, it's also unique in the fact that it's missing the SYSTEM tag. I've dug up my old version, seems that it used to be a "Micro Missile Pod" at some point.

While I'm at it, the homing laser is missing a primary role.

Finally, I'm curious as to why the vulcan built ins differ from the standard vulcan. Were they too strong as-is, or was it for a different reason?

Edit: While testing for the missing weapon, I saw that the Valken wing doesn't appear for use in missions. Not really a big deal, since it appears in the campaign, but odd nonetheless.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2020, 07:48:59 PM by Mr_8000 »

Harpuea

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] ArmaA Robotics 1.1.3
« Reply #38 on: November 13, 2020, 03:03:50 AM »

Wow. Very nice! It seems that auto pilot is not working if you set hullsize to fighter. I am working on something similar and I ran into the problem of losing auto pilot as well. For me the soft breaks mentioned by MesoTronik is more playable right now. Especially if you want to have multiple fake fighters in the fleet, they need auto pilot. Oh well.

How did you get the Einhander bits to be selectable on the ship refit screen? That's really cool, I'll take a look. Thanks for the mod.

shoi

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 13, 2020, 12:41:03 PM »

Alright I'm back again, I've noticed the kouto wing seems to be either missing a weapon, or the change wasn't reflected right in the patch notes.
Spoiler
[close]
(note the first weapon lacks a name)
Looking at the files, "armaa_kouto_torso" appears to have been a weapon at some point, it's also unique in the fact that it's missing the SYSTEM tag. I've dug up my old version, seems that it used to be a "Micro Missile Pod" at some point.

While I'm at it, the homing laser is missing a primary role.

Finally, I'm curious as to why the vulcan built ins differ from the standard vulcan. Were they too strong as-is, or was it for a different reason?

Edit: While testing for the missing weapon, I saw that the Valken wing doesn't appear for use in missions. Not really a big deal, since it appears in the campaign, but odd nonetheless.

Fixed all of these, thanks! I removed the missile weapon from Kouto, but didn't change the turret back to a Deco. I've added back the Kouto's system as well, so it should be a bit tankier now.

For the vulcans, I know for sure that I fiddled with the Valken's because it felt too good at interception (even though it -is- an interceptor, technically)
I did this pretty early on, so I might have to mess with it again to see if it was as bad as I thought.

Wow. Very nice! It seems that auto pilot is not working if you set hullsize to fighter. I am working on something similar and I ran into the problem of losing auto pilot as well. For me the soft breaks mentioned by MesoTronik is more playable right now. Especially if you want to have multiple fake fighters in the fleet, they need auto pilot. Oh well.

I don't really use autopilot, but I think the only way you can activate it is from the Command UI, right? If that's the case, you can still enable it for ships set to fighter hullsize with a BaseEveryFrameCombatPlugin.

Code

ui = engine.getCombatUI();
if(ui.isShowingCommandUI())
{
fighter.setHullSize(HullSize.FRIGATE);
}

right now  for the einhander this code is on a hullmod, so it works kind of jankily (you have to open the command UI, then unpause to be able to issue orders/activate autopilot) but the fix im cooking up should let you immediately do so as soon as the UI is up.

How did you get the Einhander bits to be selectable on the ship refit screen? That's really cool, I'll take a look. Thanks for the mod.

Liberal application of hax. The bit that shows up on the refit screen is a module that gets disabled and hidden with 100% damage resistance (fun fact, AI will ignore targets they can't actually hurt) as soon as combat starts. Straight out deleting it for some reason results in the Einhander deploying in the next round of combat as a husk, which is why you can sometimes see it being disabled at the start of a battle.  I think this won't be an issue come 0.95 though.

Mr_8000

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 13, 2020, 02:26:22 PM »

Is the valken supposed to be a wing of 3 or 4? Since the 1.1 patch notes claim it lost a fair bit of stats, but was supposed to be a wing of 4, while it's still currently only 3.

In regard to the vulcans, I was more so referring to the vulcan on the einhander, since it's kinda bad at stopping any kind of missile at all (compared to a normal vulcan).
« Last Edit: November 13, 2020, 02:32:13 PM by Mr_8000 »

shoi

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 13, 2020, 05:40:57 PM »

Oh..the fire rate on Einhander's vulcan is halved, so that's probably why. I never noticed that, but it's fixed! Just went ahead and reverted it to vanilla vulcan values

Re: Valken, it looks like I lowered the wing size, buffed it, then nerfed it again without raising it back to a wing size of 4. Bumped back up to 4. There's one more thing i have to address and ill push another update.

shoi

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] ArmaA Robotics 1.1.4
« Reply #42 on: November 16, 2020, 05:58:27 AM »

More balance adjustments, bugfixes + a few minor additions

V1.1.4
------------
DOWNLOAD V1.1.4
V1.1.4
---------
- Fixed damage bug with Starship Legends
- Added Nex Carrier(small) start
- Can now immediately issue orders to Einhänder instead of having to open Command UI and unpausing
- Fixed "bug" where Einhänder being the last living friendly remaining would result in an instant loss

Cataphract Complement:
-Each wing now grants a different ground support bonus:
Valken, Kouto: 4
Bihander: 16
Ilorin: 12

Einhänder:
-Phase Damper Field Time Dilation: 50%->60%
-Phase Damper Field Beam Resistance: 40%->50%
-Beam Coat Beam Resistance: 35%->40%
-Beam Coat tooltip stated total stacking beam resistance was 77% when it was in reality around 60%, corrected to reflect new values. Max resistance is 70%
-With these changes beam heavy enemies and burst PD beams shouldn't be as insurmountable, while remaining a threat
-AS Glaive size: Medium->Small, this will give it a more accurate (and reduced weapon health) HP for its physical size
-Increased texture scroll speed on AS Glaive's trail
-Added role for Homing Laser
-Vulcan Cannon: Chargedown: .1 -> 0.05, Damage: 35->25, Range: 350->250; Replaced projectile for vanilla vulcan_shot

Kouto:
-Added System: Overshield
-Shield Radius: 90->75
-Blank Torso Weapon-> Seeker Flares

Valken:
-Wing Size: 3->5
-IR Pulse Laser: Energy/Shot: 0->50
-Flux Dissipation: 25->60
-Adjusted sprite
-Vulcan Cannon: Chargedown: .1 -> 0.05, replaced projectile for vanilla vulcan_shot
-Refit Time: 10->9
-Changed Engine Style from lowtech to midline

Ilorin:
-Rocket Pod Ammo: 9->15
-Added System: Fast Missile Racks
-Minor description tweaks
-replaced midline tags with low tech

HereticKannon

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 17, 2020, 01:22:44 PM »

I'm really enjoying your mod, more mechs are always welcome as far as I'm concerned! The Einhänder is a blast to pilot even if I get dusted in it more often than I probably should.  As a heads up to anyone updating to 1.1.4 it might be incompatible with saves from 1.1.3, I got an error when I tried to load my save with the new version then it loaded right up when I reverted to 1.1.3. It might just be a problem I'm having though since I use a lot of mods. Wasn't a big deal in either case for me as I wasn't very far along in my current campaign so I'll just roll with 1.1.4. Thanks for all your work bringing these neat mechs into the game.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2020, 01:50:50 PM by HereticKannon »

shoi

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 18, 2020, 01:58:02 AM »

I'm really enjoying your mod, more mechs are always welcome as far as I'm concerned! The Einhänder is a blast to pilot even if I get dusted in it more often than I probably should.  As a heads up to anyone updating to 1.1.4 it might be incompatible with saves from 1.1.3, I got an error when I tried to load my save with the new version then it loaded right up when I reverted to 1.1.3. It might just be a problem I'm having though since I use a lot of mods. Wasn't a big deal in either case for me as I wasn't very far along in my current campaign so I'll just roll with 1.1.4. Thanks for all your work bringing these neat mechs into the game.

Oops, I did change the faction name in the last update for the nex start to fit the convention of other mods, that might have been the cause of the issue. Sorry about that!

About
The Einhänder is a blast to pilot even if I get dusted in it more often than I probably should.

Is there anything specific issues you have with using the Einhänder? I've been testing it for a long time so it's great getting different perspectives on how it performs.
Thanks for the feedback!
« Last Edit: November 18, 2020, 02:36:27 AM by shoi »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 106