Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 105

Author Topic: [0.97a] Arma Armatura v3.0.5 BETA [2/8/24]  (Read 645833 times)

SakuraMai_Enka

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a] Arma Armatura 1.4.3c
« Reply #105 on: April 06, 2021, 11:14:13 PM »

Hello, I really like this mod and am using it, sorry I am not an English user so I am trying to communicate with you using translation software.
I am still using version 1.4 and am not sure if this issue was fixed in 1.4.3C. However, I do not see a fix in the changelog.
When I try to use the "Bihänder" carrier, his purple beam weapon crashes my game.
When I try to use the 'Einhänder-Class Cataphract', his tactical system crashes my game.
I'm not sure if this is a personal problem for me. But I hope this problem is solved.
I have "GraphicsLib 1.5.0" "LazyLib 2.6" "MagicLib 2.6" installed.
The error message when it crashes is as follows
Spoiler
18158754 [Thread-3] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: com.fs.starfarer.api.combat.CombatEngineAPI.spawnEmpArc(Lcom/fs/starfarer/api/combat/ShipAPI;Lorg/lwjgl/util/vector/Vector2f;Lcom/fs/starfarer/api/combat/CombatEntityAPI;Lcom/fs/starfarer/api/combat/CombatEntityAPI;Lcom/fs/starfarer/api/combat/DamageType;FFFLjava/lang/String;FLjava/awt/Color;Ljava/awt/Color;)Lcom/fs/starfarer/api/combat/CombatEntityAPI;
java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: com.fs.starfarer.api.combat.CombatEngineAPI.spawnEmpArc(Lcom/fs/starfarer/api/combat/ShipAPI;Lorg/lwjgl/util/vector/Vector2f;Lcom/fs/starfarer/api/combat/CombatEntityAPI;Lcom/fs/starfarer/api/combat/CombatEntityAPI;Lcom/fs/starfarer/api/combat/DamageType;FFFLjava/lang/String;FLjava/awt/Color;Ljava/awt/Color;)Lcom/fs/starfarer/api/combat/CombatEntityAPI;
   at data.scripts.weapons.armaa_einhanderEffectC.advance(armaa_einhanderEffectC.java:266)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.entities.ship.super.J.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.systems.G.advanceLinked(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.systems.G.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.entities.Ship.fire(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.entities.Ship.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatEngine.advanceInner(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatEngine.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatState.traverse(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$1.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
[close]

Thank you for providing such a wonderful mod.
And I apologize for any grammar, order of words, etc. errors.
Thanks again for your dedication!

shoi

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Arma Armatura 1.4.1
« Reply #106 on: April 07, 2021, 12:49:50 AM »

Double post, but I made a mistake in the latest release that would cause a crash with certain mods. It's been fixed now, so if you happened to download prior to this message, you should redownload the updated version in the previous post, or here: https://tinyurl.com/y59a8k3x

When I download and extract this, it says its version 1.4, not 1.4.2, and it crashes on startup.  Do you still have this version?  Thank you.

That version is 1.4.2, the mod info just wasn't updated. can you post the crash log?

Hello, I really like this mod and am using it, sorry I am not an English user so I am trying to communicate with you using translation software.
I am still using version 1.4 and am not sure if this issue was fixed in 1.4.3C. However, I do not see a fix in the changelog.
When I try to use the "Bihänder" carrier, his purple beam weapon crashes my game.
When I try to use the 'Einhänder-Class Cataphract', his tactical system crashes my game.
I'm not sure if this is a personal problem for me. But I hope this problem is solved.
I have "GraphicsLib 1.5.0" "LazyLib 2.6" "MagicLib 2.6" installed.
The error message when it crashes is as follows
Spoiler
18158754 [Thread-3] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: com.fs.starfarer.api.combat.CombatEngineAPI.spawnEmpArc(Lcom/fs/starfarer/api/combat/ShipAPI;Lorg/lwjgl/util/vector/Vector2f;Lcom/fs/starfarer/api/combat/CombatEntityAPI;Lcom/fs/starfarer/api/combat/CombatEntityAPI;Lcom/fs/starfarer/api/combat/DamageType;FFFLjava/lang/String;FLjava/awt/Color;Ljava/awt/Color;)Lcom/fs/starfarer/api/combat/CombatEntityAPI;
java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: com.fs.starfarer.api.combat.CombatEngineAPI.spawnEmpArc(Lcom/fs/starfarer/api/combat/ShipAPI;Lorg/lwjgl/util/vector/Vector2f;Lcom/fs/starfarer/api/combat/CombatEntityAPI;Lcom/fs/starfarer/api/combat/CombatEntityAPI;Lcom/fs/starfarer/api/combat/DamageType;FFFLjava/lang/String;FLjava/awt/Color;Ljava/awt/Color;)Lcom/fs/starfarer/api/combat/CombatEntityAPI;
   at data.scripts.weapons.armaa_einhanderEffectC.advance(armaa_einhanderEffectC.java:266)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.entities.ship.super.J.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.systems.G.advanceLinked(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.systems.G.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.entities.Ship.fire(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.entities.Ship.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatEngine.advanceInner(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatEngine.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatState.traverse(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$1.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
[close]

Thank you for providing such a wonderful mod.
And I apologize for any grammar, order of words, etc. errors.
Thanks again for your dedication!

No problem! This was fixed in the latest update. It was an error with EMP Arcs caused by some background stuff being changed in .95a. If you update, it should work without any problems :)

th3boodlebot

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: April 07, 2021, 04:38:58 AM »

love this mod very nice additions and update was instant!
just started my first 95 run and have yours and pretty much all the other updated mods on
adventure!
dont ya love it?

Jet Black

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: April 07, 2021, 05:24:32 AM »

Power wise, how do these compare to the Diable Avionics wanzers?

speeder

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: April 07, 2021, 06:32:59 AM »

The ones you can pilot at least are VERY, VERY strong.

It would be cool if the cataphracts, wanzers and rosenritters were all compatible, and you could have diable avionics carriers shuttling cataphracts around, or rosenritter filled with wanzers and whatnot.

So mod author: would you consider talking to Tahlan and Tartiflette and making this happen?

shoi

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: April 07, 2021, 08:36:52 AM »

Power wise, how do these compare to the Diable Avionics wanzers?

They should be (I say should, because there is it at least 1 wing im aware of that's a little overtuned) weaker across the board without the restriction of needing a gantry to be readily replaced. Basically easier to kill, but faster to replace.

Like speeder said, the exception is Einhänder which is more or less a super fighter on drugs, and one of the other LPCs..Aleste, I think

The ones you can pilot at least are VERY, VERY strong.

It would be cool if the cataphracts, wanzers and rosenritters were all compatible, and you could have diable avionics carriers shuttling cataphracts around, or rosenritter filled with wanzers and whatnot.

So mod author: would you consider talking to Tahlan and Tartiflette and making this happen?

I don't think there's any special mechanic for Tahlan's RR stuff, is there? As for DA compatibility, it'd probably be a bad idea for the reason I mentioned above. They already have a lower replacement rate so letting them be affected by the gantry would make very spammable
« Last Edit: April 07, 2021, 08:38:27 AM by shoi »

speeder

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: April 07, 2021, 09:22:25 AM »

They could at least not disable the gantry.

If I remember correctly the gantry only works if all slots are occupied by wanzers.

Jet Black

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: April 07, 2021, 06:53:57 PM »

I've seen everything in this mod except the Altagrave. Is it incredibly rare? I'm a few days in and I just cant seem to find it.

speeder

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: April 07, 2021, 10:44:53 PM »

On discord some peopel told me that Altagrave "EX" at least requires Nexerelin, since Nexerelin isn't updated...

I gave myself an Altagrave with console command. Early game it is really, really good, can kill a ton of things.

Lategame not so much... it doesn't do enough damage to help in endgame fights... It can be helpful tanking a bit though, with shield mods.  Theretically it could be a great frigate hunter but often enemy AIs have frigates faster than Altagrave :(

DeltaPangaea

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: April 08, 2021, 03:59:08 AM »

Ahoy.

Great mod, I'm always a sucker for mechs. However two things I've come across don't exactly seem right.

Firstly, New Meshaan never seems to actually have any Arma things for sale. Always seem to have some Apogees though. I've never even seen an Altagrave. I've picked up Trihanders off Tritach, and have built Gareggas and Einhanders, and the Fighters are around the place everywhere, but neither hair nor hide of any of the three Altagraves.

Secondly, on the topic of Einhander, it seems entirely bugged the *** out in the Refit screen. Like the stats and capacitors/vents don't change to its from the previous ship's, I can't edit any of it, and they completely disappear when in the Hullmod screen. I guess it COULD be intentional, given their odd status as not-fighters, but yknow.

I went to check I had the latest version, and I've got b, but the download says the latest is c, but the changelog only goes to b, so I don't even know what.

Still, jammin' mod everywhere else.

cbxzcm

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: April 08, 2021, 08:29:37 AM »

I'm new to Starsector and I think this mod is cool.

Are there any other mods featuring mechs besides Arma Armatura, Tahlan Shipworks and Diable Avionics?

Jet Black

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: April 08, 2021, 02:11:09 PM »

Is that not plenty? lol

Chronia

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: April 08, 2021, 05:14:19 PM »

Are there any other mods featuring mechs besides Arma Armatura, Tahlan Shipworks and Diable Avionics?

Not that I'm aware of!

It would be pretty cool if there was some interpretably between them, I really like Arma's way of adding ground support modifiers, and Tahlan and Diable have similar ideas about needing a ship with support gantries, but they're not compatible with each other. (I get that there's design reasons the authors might not want to do this, but I think it would be neat).

dk1332

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: April 08, 2021, 07:58:35 PM »

There was a mod with Mobilesuits from Iron Blood Orphans but the original author has never updated it since 0.8.

DeltaPangaea

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: April 08, 2021, 10:09:21 PM »

Oh yes, and another issue I'd forgotten until now.

Manually firing the Trihander's pulse weapons doesn't seem to work when they're set to Alternating. Looking at the weapon charge bar, it looks like they don't actually have the time to reach full charge and fire before 'Alternating' switches to firing the other weapon, thus cancelling the first. Linked works fine, and Alternating works when they're set on autofire, it's just manual alternating fire that has a problem.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 105