Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Author Topic: very important question for all you starsector experts  (Read 994 times)

shrek_luigi

• Ensign
  • im green as ****
    • View Profile
very important question for all you starsector experts
« on: June 22, 2020, 05:15:18 PM »

how come captain trek's mod guide recommends not installing TSC or CMC mod-factions? suffice to say, I am a big fan of green ships & it's very disappointing that I must exclude them in my pursuit for space superiority. I also like the flavour of TSC loadouts, with all its loopy drone weapons and powerful sheppys...what the hell man
« Last Edit: June 22, 2020, 05:17:21 PM by shrek_luigi »
@Shrek_luigi: While I applaud your choice of flagship, please don't circumvent the profanity filter.

MesoTroniK

• Admiral
  • I am going to destroy your ships
    • View Profile
Re: very important question for all you starsector experts
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2020, 05:46:22 PM »

Well I can give you off the top of my head for example a single good reason to not install Tyrador Safeguard Coalition... It isn't updated for the latest version of SS.

Avanitia

• Commander
  • Local Egg Demon
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2020, 05:51:17 PM »

Well I can give you off the top of my head for example a single good reason to not install Tyrador Safeguard Coalition... It isn't updated for the latest version of SS.

And as it didn't get update for 0.9.1a - its balance isn't up to date, 0.9.1a update also increased ship prices, so anything from Tyrador is way cheaper compared to vanilla or mods updated to 0.9.1a. Also it suffers from content bloat, it adds a lot of ships to vanilla factions, while nice they feel really common.

As for CMC - it's more of an example mod on how to mod AFAIK. I saw people using weapons from it due to them being pretty useful in some builds, but not the ships.
You haven't played Starsector unless your storage has one thousand Vulcans in it.

shrek_luigi

• Ensign
  • im green as ****
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2020, 06:03:58 PM »

Haha I didn't even notice, yikes. Hadn't played it since 0.9 but was thinking about it earlier & feeling reminiscent

And as it didn't get update for 0.9.1a - its balance isn't up to date, 0.9.1a update also increased ship prices, so anything from Tyrador is way cheaper compared to vanilla or mods updated to 0.9.1a. Also it suffers from content bloat, it adds a lot of ships to vanilla factions, while nice they feel really common.

As for CMC - it's more of an example mod on how to mod AFAIK. I saw people using weapons from it due to them being pretty useful in some builds, but not the ships.

Yea my favourite aspect of that mod was the weaponry--the large "kinetic hephaestus" that speeds up as you continue firing is so much fun lol
@Shrek_luigi: While I applaud your choice of flagship, please don't circumvent the profanity filter.

Aereto

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2020, 06:43:23 PM »

At least there's substance as to why CMC starts with just one system: their RnD into ballistic high-tech conversion of vanilla ships didn't do too well. Their weapons, on the other hand, is a testament of making do with ballistic weapon slots and give it the high-tech love.