Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: game crashes upon launch  (Read 909 times)

ebolamorph

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
game crashes upon launch
« on: June 15, 2020, 10:34:41 PM »

after i launch the game from the launcher it locks up. Are there any fixes?

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: game crashes upon launch
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2020, 09:48:51 AM »

Hi - sorry about the trouble! Would you mind being a bit more specific about what the issue is? Does the game crash? If it crashes, what's the error message? Does it hang? If it hangs, what does the screen show when it hangs? In both cases, what are the contents of starsector.log (found in starsector-core)?

ebolamorph

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2020, 02:20:35 AM »

Hi - sorry about the trouble! Would you mind being a bit more specific about what the issue is? Does the game crash? If it crashes, what's the error message? Does it hang? If it hangs, what does the screen show when it hangs? In both cases, what are the contents of starsector.log (found in starsector-core)?

it gave me a generic java issue. I have since solved this by tweaking my mod list. However the game is clearly still having issues loading up given the brief hang it does before the bar starts to load when the game starts up

Morrokain

• Admiral
  • Megalith Dreadnought - Archean Order
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2020, 07:38:29 PM »

it gave me a generic java issue. I have since solved this by tweaking my mod list. However the game is clearly still having issues loading up given the brief hang it does before the bar starts to load when the game starts up

In general, its always help to give:

1) mod list
2) error log

- When reporting a bug. Even a generic java issue can be useful to modders trying to debug their projects - and it gives other users having the same problem a place of reference so they don't have to post.

Also, the launcher hanging upon start-up doesn't really indicate an issue when you're using mods. Some mods have lots of content to load and this will slow down the launcher. This is especially true the first time you run the game after changing your mod list or updating mods.

ebolamorph

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2020, 04:05:43 PM »

i have since isolated the issue to it being xenoarghs ai rebalance. i have reorganized my mod list and it runs well now, with only the occasional crash upon trying to load the game, and only if i click or move the mouse but otherwise working now