Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: [0.9.1a] Kingdom of Royal Azalea v.2.0.0 || Major Update 03/03 [RYAZ]  (Read 61396 times)

creature

• Captain
    • View Profile

Across your fleet, yes, but the player-piloted ship is gonna be stuck with Zephyr Ray, which is what I'm pointing out.
As for the player ship, hmm... I can't say too much without spoiling the system, but if you're testing through the missions, depending on which mission you pick, you might come across a player ship that will cast a different spell. All of the ships in the simulation mission will do Zephyr Ray, for example. However, if you try and start a campaign, more often than not, you might find that you, the player, will be using spells other than Zephyr Ray. In my run, for example, I'm mostly stuck using White Destruction Field on my player ship, while I have a couple of other ships casting Seeker Orb and one which does Balanced Scales, for fleet support!

I suppose that's a bit of a clue right there!  ;D

miles341

• Ensign
    • View Profile

Hmm, well I haven't been able to try it out yet, as I want to finish my current run first, but I have an idea as to what determines which spell to use. Does it have to do with officer disposition perhaps? AKA, steady officers (and the player) get Zephyr Ray, reckless officers get White Destruction Field, timid officers get Balanced Scales? That would explain why most ships get Zephyr Ray - ships without officers default to it, and you usually don't have an officer in the simulation.

Doesn't really explain the part where you say that the player ship can have different spells, but that might have to do with the faction wide agressiveness setting?

If that is the case, then something like the Automatic Orders mod might even let you choose individual ship disposition and select the correct spell.

creature

• Captain
    • View Profile

Hmm, well I haven't been able to try it out yet, as I want to finish my current run first, but I have an idea as to what determines which spell to use. Does it have to do with officer disposition perhaps? AKA, steady officers (and the player) get Zephyr Ray, reckless officers get White Destruction Field, timid officers get Balanced Scales? That would explain why most ships get Zephyr Ray - ships without officers default to it, and you usually don't have an officer in the simulation.
Hoho! It seems we have a winner! ;D Indeed! For your officers, the spells which they use are determined by their personality!

Reckless officers use White Destruction Field, since they get up-close into the enemy blob
Aggressive officers use Aether Rain to pick off one ship at a time
Steady officers use Zephyr Ray to force enemy ships to overload
Cautious officers use Seeker Orb for long-range fire support
And Timid officers stay safe in the back, using Balanced Scales to equalize your entire fleet's Flux gauges every 40 seconds!

Congratulations! May I use your username as the discoverer of this secret?

And you are quite right that it does not explain how the player decides which spells to cast! Well, in campaign at least - since in missions, it is possible to set special officers with personalities, and if you use that ship there, you can, as the player, "have" that personality.

So, with that, here is a follow-up secret:

Since the player does not have "personality" (in the campaign), how do you determine which spell you use?
Finder: None yet!
Clue: It's a different system which determines a 'personality' for the player. Easymode: Yes, your 'personality' can change.
Secret: ??
[close]

And lastly, I haven't tried this system with the mod that changes your officer personality! Maybe it'll work?

Edit: No, it's not factionwide aggressiveness, since it can be possible for a player not to join a faction.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2020, 09:19:02 PM by creature »

miles341

• Ensign
    • View Profile

May I use your username as the discoverer of this secret?

Sure you can!

As to the player ship spell change, perhaps it's what you put the majority of your level up points into? Mostly combat gives White Destruction Field, mostly Industry gives Balanced Scales etc, with equal points giving Zephyr Ray? That might explain how you could be "stuck" using a particular spell, as you would have to level up to have a chance to change it.

creature

• Captain
    • View Profile

Sure you can!

As to the player ship spell change, perhaps it's what you put the majority of your level up points into? Mostly combat gives White Destruction Field, mostly Industry gives Balanced Scales etc, with equal points giving Zephyr Ray? That might explain how you could be "stuck" using a particular spell, as you would have to level up to have a chance to change it.
Ah, you've got a good read on me! That's exactly right too! Let me just write out the exact specs - you'll see the secrets unlocked on the front page!

ZeCaptain

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile

Corsganis in the Light of Ball system seems to be missing the "population" building. Also the starting blueprint package for kingom of Azera seems to be lacking alot of things. Also most of the systems added by this mod seem to lack stablepoints.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2020, 01:42:51 AM by ZeCaptain »

CountV

• Ensign
    • View Profile

The ships don't appear to have any autofit variants.

creature

• Captain
    • View Profile

Thank you for the reports!

The ships don't appear to have any autofit variants.
I'll check out why this is happening - there are certainly variants for every ship, as they are assigned to the faction's fleets.

Corsganis in the Light of Ball system seems to be missing the "population" building. Also the starting blueprint package for kingom of Azera seems to be lacking alot of things. Also most of the systems added by this mod seem to lack stablepoints.
Sorry, it seems I messed up when copying over the industries for these planets! It's not possible to change the systems one they have been generated so I'll try to make a dynamic generator for these missing items come the next patch!

Fructose

• Ensign
    • View Profile

Really liking the mod so far. There's just something so satisfying about broadsiding with an Invincible and watching it melt anything within range from behind a rainbow of shields. All of your mods (even the "forbidden" one) have become essential for my playthroughs, and I can't wait to see what you have in store next! Keep up the good work!

By the way, I think the tooltip for the Gambeson hull mod is incorrect (or I'm missing something). It says it makes all damage types do equal damage to the ship's armor, but given the actual percentages (-50% to HE, +50% to KE and Frag), wouldn't the damage numbers be 150% HE, 100% KE, and 75% Frag?

creature

• Captain
    • View Profile

Really liking the mod so far. There's just something so satisfying about broadsiding with an Invincible and watching it melt anything within range from behind a rainbow of shields. All of your mods (even the "forbidden" one) have become essential for my playthroughs, and I can't wait to see what you have in store next! Keep up the good work!

By the way, I think the tooltip for the Gambeson hull mod is incorrect (or I'm missing something). It says it makes all damage types do equal damage to the ship's armor, but given the actual percentages (-50% to HE, +50% to KE and Frag), wouldn't the damage numbers be 150% HE, 100% KE, and 75% Frag?
I'm very glad you like the mods! At the moment, updates will probably be going on a hiatus, since I'm hooked on another game, but rest assured, I have some new stuff coming for all three. Probably starting with Aria, then Royal Azalea, and then going back to Yuri.

And yeah, you're right! :P That was a mistake on my part. Expect it to change to -100, +50, +75, just as the description says!

FranzDenKaiser

• Ensign
    • View Profile

Hi, I was just wondering, how do you find Queen Angeliza-class battleships? I really want to pilot one in the campaign as my sort of "unstoppable mega ship of doom and terror".

I absolutely adore the mod by the way, from the references to British imperial-era foreign policy, to the very unwieldy way that the battleships move (kind of like how they DID move IRL) it has been an absolute blast.

creature

• Captain
    • View Profile

Hi, I was just wondering, how do you find Queen Angeliza-class battleships? I really want to pilot one in the campaign as my sort of "unstoppable mega ship of doom and terror".
Hey, glad you enjoy the mod!

The Queen Angeliza is available at high-population/high-ship production Royal Azalea colonies. It's just very rare. Good luck!

stormelemental13

• Ensign
    • View Profile

Just wanted to say I really enjoy the mod and look forward to seeing what you do with the three factions Caprice/Azalea/Aria.

Massaraksh

• Ensign
    • View Profile

I was under the impression that certain ships like the Alliance are supposed to come with marines already built-in, but you still have to install the hullmod on them, then reboot the game.
If that's supposed to happen, marines should be removed from the "armaments" section, since not even restarting adds them.

creature

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Kingdom of Royal Azalea v.1.0.1 || Secrets Unlocked 06/18!! [RYAZ]
« Reply #29 on: February 11, 2021, 03:50:16 AM »

RYAZ 2.0 is coming very soon, and here are some teasers of what's to come!

Arlwight-class Fast Battleship vs a Conquest-class Battlecruiser, demonstrating the new specialized hullmods that greatly affect the stats of each ship
[close]

New class of ships: Dimension Divers, demonstrated by the Brigand-class
[close]

Playtesting RYAZ 2.0, a short gameplay clip of an IBB battle with a player-made, late-game, (mostly) Royal Azalean fleet
[close]

Just wanted to say I really enjoy the mod and look forward to seeing what you do with the three factions Caprice/Azalea/Aria.
Thank you very much for your kind words! RYAZ 2.0 is coming soon, as you can see from the teasers above! Then I'll give YRXP some much needed love!

I was under the impression that certain ships like the Alliance are supposed to come with marines already built-in, but you still have to install the hullmod on them, then reboot the game.
If that's supposed to happen, marines should be removed from the "armaments" section, since not even restarting adds them.
Ah, no the ship that comes with built-in marines is both types of the Arlwight Fast Battleship, not the Alliance cruiser!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4