Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 45

Author Topic: Starfarer 0.52a (Released) - Patch Notes  (Read 316967 times)

Upgradecap

• Admiral
  • CEO of the TimCORP
    • View Profile
Re: Starfarer 0.52a (In Development) - Live Patch Notes
« Reply #150 on: April 08, 2012, 07:24:10 AM »

Hey i know this is a reach... but i was wondering if you could add the ability to make new sectors. The modding community would go nuts if you did.

Sectors, as in a new starsystem or as in a whole new part of the galaxy?

If the former, that's going to come soon,
If the latter, :o

craftomega

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: April 08, 2012, 10:13:37 AM »

Hey i know this is a reach... but i was wondering if you could add the ability to make new sectors. The modding community would go nuts if you did.

new starsystem

DO WANT!!!! Like a said modding community would go nuts.

Thana

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: April 08, 2012, 12:24:03 PM »

Ummm... You can already mod a new starsystem into the game as the Ironclads mod shows. On the other hand, if you're talking about having multiple star systems in the game, we all know that's coming down the road and if you can mod the single star system in the current game I don't see any reason to believe you couldn't those in the larger game to come.

craftomega

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: April 08, 2012, 01:34:50 PM »

Ummm... You can already mod a new starsystem into the game as the Ironclads mod shows. On the other hand, if you're talking about having multiple star systems in the game, we all know that's coming down the road and if you can mod the single star system in the current game I don't see any reason to believe you couldn't those in the larger game to come.

Im talking about "multiple star systems"

stonehand

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: April 08, 2012, 05:39:24 PM »

as in 2 or more stars? (suns) in the same system
so the planets would be effected by both or more gravity wells?
just trying to work out what you mean by: "multiple star systems"

or

other systems that you get to by hyperspace or gates or what ever?
« Last Edit: April 08, 2012, 05:42:19 PM by stonehand »

craftomega

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: April 08, 2012, 08:17:50 PM »

other systems that you get to by hyperspace or gates or what ever?

this

Cryten

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: April 08, 2012, 09:50:30 PM »

www.starfarer.com

Under
What will you discover in the ongoing development of the world of Starfarer?

Point 6:
Explore hundreds of star systems to find habitable worlds, rich resource deposits, and lost technology

You just need to wait for the feature to be worked on.

PsychoWolfen

• Ensign
  • For the Steel Wolves
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: April 08, 2012, 10:27:47 PM »

Cant wait to see that new feature worked on, going to be very interesting seeing how it needs to be balanced out.

One thing confused me however

Increased chance of uncrewed ship to be sabotaged by the enemy (instead of captured) to 90% (up from 50)

Increased chance of for each weapon of a surrendering ship to be sabotaged to 80% (up from 50)

I do remember playing new files and i had noticed that ships did get sabotaged if they were uncrewed but that was only if i engaged was it sabotaged. Does this mean that if fleets do have non-combat ready ships or do. Do we still get sabotaged or does that sabotaged weapons come into play?

Also as a follow up question does that mean that if ships are boarded though battle that the spoils become effected as well or is that the ship itself that loses its weapons?

Thana

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: April 09, 2012, 12:56:23 AM »

What's your question, then? We all know it's coming, it has always been part of the design specs for the game. It's not yet in in this version or, judging by the release notes, the next one, but there is absolutely zero doubt that it's coming. I honestly don't understand the source of the confusion here.

craftomega

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: April 09, 2012, 09:25:33 AM »

What's your question, then? We all know it's coming, it has always been part of the design specs for the game. It's not yet in in this version or, judging by the release notes, the next one, but there is absolutely zero doubt that it's coming. I honestly don't understand the source of the confusion here.

there was no quesstion.....

new starsystem

DO WANT!!!! Like a said modding community would go nuts.

arwan

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: April 09, 2012, 05:45:11 PM »

Star date 65738.8 we returned to fractal softworks forum after once again seeing an update in our system as to new information. Yet again this was not the information we were looking for. For now we are still stranded in system. Unable to find a way out, none of our interstellar drives are working we have even tried conventional drive systems to no avail. There appears to be some sort of warp field or bubble holding us in this local space. For now we are unable to ascertain its origin, meaning or the intentions of those who placed it here. We shall continue to look for clues to answer these questions. Also we shall continue to look for more possible ways to escape from this sector of space.

This sector is anything but quiet as well. There are quite a few space faring ships in this system. And they seem to be able to enter and exit the local space at free will. They also seem to be able to pass threw the barrier without any effort whatsoever on there part. It does not appear as though they are doing anything at all to pass threw according to our sensor scans they have no technology as sophisticated as ours. After all we have been able to remain undetected during our entire stay in this sector. though I know the crew wishes I would break our silence and start open communication with these people, I have decided not to due to the level of violence in the sector I fear if we were to open communication with them we would only ultimately be drawn into there conflict if not become a direct target for any and all who wanted our ship for there own. And that is one danger I will not place upon this ship so long as it’s possible to avoid.

Though I sure hope we are able to break threw the barrier soon or I may be unable to quell the crew and prevent just that from accruing. For now we shall just endeavor forward in our pursuits to further understand this sector of space.

Computer… end Captains log recording.

(star date calculator here http://trekguide.com/Stardates.htm#Today)

also creative ideas for this post came from this http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Remember_Me_(Star_Trek:_The_Next_Generation)
« Last Edit: April 09, 2012, 06:01:21 PM by arwan »
Alex
You won't be able to refit fighters and bombers at all. They're designed/balanced around having a particular set of weapons and would be very broken if you could change it. Which ones you pick for your fleet -out of quite a few that are available- is the choice here, not how they're outfitted.

JP161

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: April 09, 2012, 06:33:38 PM »

Fort some odd and totally unknown reason I'm having vivid flashbacks of ST TNG & Voyager and Stargate, Starship Andromeda, Firefly.. Even minuscule amounts of Star Wars.

??? What's going on ???

Anysy

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: April 09, 2012, 07:24:12 PM »

Andromeda.. Now theres a ship that could be done justice in this engine

Iscariot

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: April 09, 2012, 08:05:29 PM »

No mentions of B5? Guh, so unknown and underrated.

The idea is that the various tech levels represent different - not "better" - ways to do things.

icepick37

• Admiral
  • Go.
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: April 09, 2012, 08:21:40 PM »

How about Eureka Seven! Homing lasers could be fun, haha.
“I [may] not agree with a word that you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it”
- Voltaire
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 45