Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8

Author Topic: [0.95.1a-RC6] Pearson Exotronics  (Read 105386 times)

tomatopaste

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a-RC8] Pearson Exotronics - v0.5.2 20/7/20
« Reply #15 on: July 22, 2020, 05:46:23 PM »

i think all they are missing now are utility ships.

With a Freighter, Tanker and Troop Transport i feel the AI won't have to rely on Vanilla Ships for carrying their fuel, supplies and marines. Specially with Nex invasions and raids.

I like this mod a lot, hope you continue to add more ships to make it a full roster.

Making botes takes a while since I try and put as much effort in as possible for each, so doing logistics ships isn't on the table at the moment while I work on other stuff. I don't think it's a great priority anyway, since it's a vanilla friendly faction, and it would make sense for them to use workhorse ships like phaetons, buffalos and valkyries. They also draw on midline ships like heron and drovers for carrier options as well, but I'm planning on phasing those out when Pearson has a bigger roster.

Unnamed_Shadow

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 24, 2020, 07:23:36 PM »

i noticed that New Caledonia has Farmland as a building, but their is no Farmland at all in the actual planet. As such it just spends heavy machinery with nothing in return.

tomatopaste

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 25, 2020, 03:37:21 AM »

i noticed that New Caledonia has Farmland as a building, but their is no Farmland at all in the actual planet. As such it just spends heavy machinery with nothing in return.

Whoops, another fix to do, thanks

Chikanuk

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 27, 2020, 10:40:09 AM »

Burrows drones on richmond feels kinda useless. They didnt attack, have zero engagement range and since they always stay behind -their zap system rarely work even on SO ships. And it wont help vs most of missiles, cuz again - range and they stay to far behind.

tomatopaste

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 27, 2020, 04:45:05 PM »

Burrows drones on richmond feels kinda useless. They didnt attack, have zero engagement range and since they always stay behind -their zap system rarely work even on SO ships. And it wont help vs most of missiles, cuz again - range and they stay to far behind.
Yep, that's a known problem since they use the same support AI as the xyphos fighter, except they don't have long range weapon. I've actually changed the Burrows to use proper interceptor AI with zero attack range, and they're extremely effective now.

I'll post some tentative patch notes here
Code
========v0.5.3========
-fixed Iuchar planet name mismatch
-balanced fleet point values
-fixed commissioned crews hullmod being available in refit
-commission bonus hullmod now provides flat armour bonus to ships
-fixed shroud shipsystem AI
-fixed Adelaide not having farmland
-changed drone targeting AI scripts, now will not attempt to shoot over the ship when prioritising enemy ships, but can
track missiles and fighters if they move behind
-corona shipsystem AI tweaked to be less afraid of keeping the beam active in the presence of certain missiles, should
ignore dumb-fire missiles that will not collide
-fixed zero flux speed boost on corona ships permanently disabling
-buffed kiruna max speed 135 -> 160, is now a viable frigate for its cost, comparable to tempest
-fleet point values adjusted to align with vanilla
-hammond inbuilt burrows drone wing now uses interceptor AI instead of support, is much more aggressive and useful
-general drone AI will now prioritise selecting targeted ship when searching for enemy ships to target
-variant tweaks

tomatopaste

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 29, 2020, 02:59:03 AM »

Pearson Exotronics - v0.5.3
Download
Bug-destroying and polish patch
Changelog
========v0.5.3========
-fixed Iuchar planet name mismatch
-balanced fleet point values
-fixed commissioned crews hullmod being available in refit
-commission bonus hullmod now provides flat armour bonus to ships
-fixed shroud shipsystem AI
-fixed Adelaide not having farmland
-changed drone targeting AI scripts, now will not attempt to shoot over the ship when prioritising enemy ships, but can
track missiles and fighters if they move behind
-corona shipsystem AI tweaked to be less afraid of keeping the beam active in the presence of certain missiles, should
ignore dumb-fire missiles that will not collide
-fixed zero flux speed boost on corona ships permanently disabling
-buffed kiruna, is now a viable frigate for its cost, comparable to tempest
    -max speed 135 -> 160
    -removed delicate machinery hullmod
-fleet point values adjusted to align with vanilla
-hammond inbuilt burrows drone wing now uses interceptor AI instead of support, is much more aggressive and useful
-general drone AI will now prioritise selecting targeted ship when searching for enemy ships to target
-variant tweaks
-added compatibility for "industrial evolution" ship reverse-engineering and duplication features
-fixed pressing F in combat cycling drone systems of all ai ships (oops)
-friendly fire detection prevents drones from firing longer ranged weapons over friendly ships for cheese avoidance
[close]

BreenBB

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a-RC8] Pearson Exotronics - v0.5.3 29/7/20
« Reply #21 on: July 29, 2020, 09:20:24 AM »

Really nice idea and sprite work, your mod looks really promising, and visually it fits vanilla style perfectly.

Although I got crash in combat with remnants recently, I got a Kingston battleship and deployed it into combat, and seems it caused by it judging from log:
Spoiler
4360180 [Thread-4] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.NullPointerException
java.lang.NullPointerException
   at data.scripts.shipsystems.ai.PSE_DroneShroudSystemAI.advance(PSE_DroneShroudSystemAI.java:55)
   at com.fs.starfarer.loading.specs.M$1.super(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.ai.BasicShipAI.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatEngine.advanceInner(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatEngine.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatState.traverse(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$1.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748)
[close]

I didn't experienced any crashes before I bought Kingston, and I even fight some pirates before with it, and about more specifics, it was piloted by AI with officer, not as player flagship, and I updated recently mod from 0.5.2 version to 0.5.3 without starting new game.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2020, 09:27:43 AM by BreenBB »

Khornaar

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 29, 2020, 01:16:37 PM »

I've only played this mod a couple of hours, but i absolutely love it.

For now i've mainly flew Serrano cruiser, and noticed some weird behavior with a Corona subsystem. When drones converge for "megabeam" formation, despite them being behind raised shield, they quickly die to enemy fire. I think drone "hit-box" sticks outside the shield. Is it a bug or a balance feature (because that cruiser kinda OP)?

Also none of the colonies in Adelaide system have any administrators assigned, kinda impossible to be commissioned without that. I've added PeExo to already existing game through a console command, maybe it's different if i start a new game with PeExo enabled.

« Last Edit: July 29, 2020, 03:27:52 PM by Khornaar »
Non-native English speaker. Please, excuse me if I butcher it.

tomatopaste

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 29, 2020, 04:52:33 PM »

I've only played this mod a couple of hours, but i absolutely love it.

For now i've mainly flew Serrano cruiser, and noticed some weird behavior with a Corona subsystem. When drones converge for "megabeam" formation, despite them being behind raised shield, they quickly die to enemy fire. I think drone "hit-box" sticks outside the shield. Is it a bug or a balance feature (because that cruiser kinda OP)?

Also none of the colonies in Adelaide system have any administrators assigned, kinda impossible to be commissioned without that. I've added PeExo to already existing game through a console command, maybe it's different if i start a new game with PeExo enabled.

The missing administrators is probably an oversight i made, I'll have to look into that. Starting a new game will generate the administrators as normal, but that obviously defeats the point.

The cruiser drone deaths there are actually intentional balance. They'll always die to area-of-effect weapons like flak and so on, that's not something i can fix. They'll always lag behind when moving, so when trying to kite backwards the drones are more vulnerable, and since kiting is annoying to play against, it makes it easier to shoot the drones down.

Really nice idea and sprite work, your mod looks really promising, and visually it fits vanilla style perfectly.

Although I got crash in combat with remnants recently, I got a Kingston battleship and deployed it into combat, and seems it caused by it judging from log:
Spoiler
4360180 [Thread-4] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.NullPointerException
java.lang.NullPointerException
   at data.scripts.shipsystems.ai.PSE_DroneShroudSystemAI.advance(PSE_DroneShroudSystemAI.java:55)
   at com.fs.starfarer.loading.specs.M$1.super(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.ai.BasicShipAI.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatEngine.advanceInner(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatEngine.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatState.traverse(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$1.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748)
[close]

I didn't experienced any crashes before I bought Kingston, and I even fight some pirates before with it, and about more specifics, it was piloted by AI with officer, not as player flagship, and I updated recently mod from 0.5.2 version to 0.5.3 without starting new game.

That looks like a nullpointer crash when checking the fleetmember of another ship, but I'm not sure why a ship would have that null. Regardless, I've added a check for that and the issue should be fixed.

I'll put out a micro-patch when I've fixed the admin thing. Otherwise, glad to hear you're enjoying the mod :D

BreenBB

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 29, 2020, 11:11:41 PM »

About that crash, seems it was completely random, I didn't experienced it for now, also about Serrano, as said Khornaar, drones die quickly in focus formation, even if I don't kite back, when I played it in simulation against Dominators, Kingston drones lives much better because of shield, maybe good idea add to Serrano drones tiny fighter sized shield too?

Also I found funny behavior with Combat Chatter and Automatic Orders mods, these mods treated deployed drones as ships, not as fighters, with Combat Chatter drones at low HP or death says things like "Tell my wife and kids I love them." or other human-like phrases, and with Automatic Orders once drone get damaged below 50% it says damage threshold reached below 50 and retreating, but drone actually work as intended.

Chikanuk

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 29, 2020, 11:39:24 PM »

Yeah, this is a huge drawback. They need to say "Tell my drone wife and drone kids I love them."

tomatopaste

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 30, 2020, 01:13:11 AM »

About that crash, seems it was completely random, I didn't experienced it for now, also about Serrano, as said Khornaar, drones die quickly in focus formation, even if I don't kite back, when I played it in simulation against Dominators, Kingston drones lives much better because of shield, maybe good idea add to Serrano drones tiny fighter sized shield too?

Also I found funny behavior with Combat Chatter and Automatic Orders mods, these mods treated deployed drones as ships, not as fighters, with Combat Chatter drones at low HP or death says things like "Tell my wife and kids I love them." or other human-like phrases, and with Automatic Orders once drone get damaged below 50% it says damage threshold reached below 50 and retreating, but drone actually work as intended.
I've had a closer look at the Denmark, and I see the issue, so I've increased the shield radius to comfortably shield the drones. I won't add shields to the drones since that would only make them unnecessarily tanky.

The Combat Chatter and Automatic Orders issues aren't something that I can fix, they'll happen because the drones are technically ships, but otherwise don't have an effect on gameplay.

Yeah, this is a huge drawback. They need to say "Tell my drone wife and drone kids I love them."

:D

Chikanuk

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 30, 2020, 01:54:53 AM »

Did you have plans about droneship with build-in bombers? This is pretty rare thing even in modeverse and imho, will be nice addition to roster.

shrek_luigi

• Ensign
  • im green as ****
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 30, 2020, 04:55:33 AM »

I am a huge fan of Green Ships, excellent work OP
@Shrek_luigi: While I applaud your choice of flagship, please don't circumvent the profanity filter.

Khornaar

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 30, 2020, 05:49:59 AM »

The Combat Chatter and Automatic Orders issues aren't something that I can fix, they'll happen because the drones are technically ships, but otherwise don't have an effect on gameplay.
https://i.imgur.com/l23ejHc.png
I'm not sure if it's connected to that problem, but drones count as ships in the reinforcement screen, and since they have cost of 1, they eat all fleet points in no time.

Also, would it be possible to add small (~0.5 sec) cooldown to Corona subsystem drone formation change? If i hold "F" just a millisecond too long, drones switch to the wrong formation.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2020, 10:55:59 AM by Khornaar »
Non-native English speaker. Please, excuse me if I butcher it.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8