Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Author Topic: Anilyze derelict mission bug  (Read 598 times)

Mondaymonkey

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Anilyze derelict mission bug
« on: May 30, 2020, 11:37:50 AM »

Weird thing just happen.

I noticed, that mission is generated on star system Dis (If I remember correct a name). But I did not accept it, just remembered that Dis system contain a derelict ship "on some distance away". Mission was withdrawn.

Few month later I was flying near that system, so jumped in and quickly loot a ship. Then I think would be nice to know if there some kind of bounties posted near before returning home, so I build a makeshift com relay and found, that "analyze derelict" mission is posted in exactly same system I currently was, so accepted. Again "on some distance away". I was scouting system for a few month with neutrino detector on, but didn't find anything. That makes me suspicious, as system even is not large. So I maximized sensor range via CC - nothing in system. Same thing in a devmode. No objects other than planets and that com relay. I suspect it could be like that:

1. Mission was generated on that derelict. But I did not know it exist, because of no com relay.
2. I scavenged a mission objective derelict. But mission remain. Yet invisible.
3. I build a com relay and accept a mission on derelict that no longer exist.

Is that possible?

I was scared to death, so loaded a last save quite distant in time, to be said. Can not reproduce a bug now. But I am not drunk enough for a hallucinating. Yet.
I dislike human beings... or I just do not know how to cook them well.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Anilyze derelict mission bug
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2020, 11:40:15 AM »

Hmm. It's not possible the way you're describing, but it might be possible for something to remove the derelict while the mission is active. Is this vanilla or with mods?

Mondaymonkey

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2020, 11:43:50 AM »

Bunch of mods:
Spoiler
{"enabledMods": [
  "$$$_lightshow",
  "timid_admins",
  "chatter",
  "lw_console",
  "deconomics",
  "interestingportraitspack",
  "lw_lazylib",
  "leadingPip",
  "MagicLib",
  "PulseIndustry",
  "swp",
  "Terraforming and Station Construction",
  "transfer_all_items",
  "US",
  "lw_version_checker",
  "WEAPONARCS",
  "shaderLib",
]}
[close]

But I doubt any of these able to remove any objects. Could be wrong, tho'.

EDIT:

Almost forgot: that is a last natural derelict ship in a whole sector. Might be important?
« Last Edit: May 30, 2020, 11:49:42 AM by Mondaymonkey »
I dislike human beings... or I just do not know how to cook them well.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2020, 12:36:37 PM »

Ah, you know what, this is actually simpler than what I was thinking. Regardless of the mission being visible or not, if it's "posted" and you salvage the target in the meantime, it wouldn't get cancelled, so you can still accept it (and then be unable to complete it). Thanks for the report, fixed!