Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Author Topic: Quick Missions question  (Read 529 times)

TheDTYP

• Commander
    • View Profile
Quick Missions question
« on: May 25, 2020, 08:41:52 AM »

I was just reading the "True and Accurate History of the Persean Sector" and I was wondering if there is any intention to do a pass over the non-campaign missions in the next update? I certainly wouldn't mind playing as Andrada in the fighting after the destruction of Opis or fighting against Loke or something under the guise of "Historical Simulations." Plus, it would be a good outlet for lore for fanatics like myself.

Grievous69

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Quick Missions question
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2020, 12:11:21 PM »

As much as I'd like a bit more work put into missions (some really special ones, a way to make custom ones in-game and so on), I really think Alex should first focus on finishing the campaign stuff and getting the game to 1.0 hopefully and then IF he feels like adding more missions. Because it's honestly not something crucial that the game needs, it would just be an extra.
Please don't take me too seriously.

intrinsic_parity

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2020, 12:15:15 PM »

TBH, I was hoping for real missions in the campaign with lore tie-ins/implications. I think that might also be slightly more likely than an update of the missions in the menu.

TheDTYP

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2020, 01:44:19 PM »

As much as I'd like a bit more work put into missions (some really special ones, a way to make custom ones in-game and so on), I really think Alex should first focus on finishing the campaign stuff and getting the game to 1.0 hopefully and then IF he feels like adding more missions. Because it's honestly not something crucial that the game needs, it would just be an extra.

I totally see what you're saying. I only bothered suggesting it because I figured it was a (relatively) easy thing to implement. Like a day's work balancing different ship combinations and writing out the descriptions for each mission? I'm sure I'm completely underestimating the workload, I was just saying if he is looking for one last thing to throw into the next update at the last minute, I would love to see something like this.

TBH, I was hoping for real missions in the campaign with lore tie-ins/implications. I think that might also be slightly more likely than an update of the missions in the menu.

I'm pretty sure this is the meat of the next update. Apparently story and lore-related stuff is the main focus this time around.