Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: New Battleship Class with Apogee design  (Read 3313 times)

Darkreaver1980

• Ensign
    • View Profile
New Battleship Class with Apogee design
« on: June 11, 2011, 10:04:43 AM »

Hi there,

i dont know why, but i allways end up playing Hornets Nest and Nothing personal because of the awesome Apogee cruiser. I actualy managed to win Hornets Nest just with the Apogee and the freigther and i also beated nothing personal after trying like 30 times :D I think i like the Apogee because it looks like a high tech space ship, its weapon are also very highly advanced, like the antimater blaster and because of the long, stylish design, i reminds me somewhat of the earth cruisers in star control 2 :D

It realy would be awesome to see a high tech battleship with a similar/close design as the Apogee, we already have these bulky looking balistic battleships so it would fit pretty well. i would suggest to give the new battleship very powerfull shields and high tech weapons like lots of energy slots, lasers and blasters (how about 4 antimater blaster turrets  ;D  ;D  ;D), high flux capacity but weak armor/hull and allmost no point defenses....and slow/medium speed.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2011, 10:11:31 AM by Darkreaver1980 »

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: New Battleship Class with Apogee design
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2011, 10:26:38 AM »

I think you can pretty much count on a high-tech battleship :) Just what it'll look like is mostly up to David, but loadout-wise I think it'll be quite like what you describe.

Also, you beat "Nothing Personal"? Already? I am sad.

Avan

• Admiral
  • Pioneer of Starfarer Modding
    • View Profile
    • DevDB forums
Re: New Battleship Class with Apogee design
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2011, 10:50:44 AM »

I just beat it too with my apogee refit (for equal OP)

The apogee appears to be something of a high-tech side of the midline ships, but not a true high-tech class ship, based on its design aesthetic. Would be cool to see more of them.