Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.9.1a is out! (05/10/19); Updated the Forum Rules and Guidelines (02/29/20); Blog post: GIF Roundup (04/11/20)

Author Topic: [0.9.1a] Idoneus Citadel Exiles  (Read 367 times)

Scarlet-MagicianX26

• Ensign
  • Mainly a writer, but does some translation work.
    • View Profile
[0.9.1a] Idoneus Citadel Exiles
« on: May 23, 2020, 05:51:52 AM »

Idoneus Citadel Exiles

Requires LazyLib, MagicLib, GraphicsLib
Download here

Info
This is an updated re-release of Sundog's classic mod, abandoned a few versions ago in 0.65. For those not in the know, ICE was a very complicated mod that used a lot of coding wizardry to work, but due to that same complexity, it stopped being updated. The guys over at Fossic/the CN community, however, picked up the slack in trying to make the mod work, and as such, they have managed to create a stable working version for 0.9.1a, which is the version you see before you now.

Most of the stuff that was originally present in ICE has been brought forward, with various texture and sound updates. There are also a few new ships and other content added, reworks to various hullmods and weapons, while the campaign events now work within Starsector's current existing intel framework.

Ships
Spoiler
(shamelessly taken from Sundog's old post)
Apocrypha
Command Ship
Abraxas
Battlecruiser
Shalom
Colony Ship

Kelpie
Blade Cruiser
Voidreaver
Elite Cruiser
Eidolon
Support Cruiser
Shiekwraith
Support Destroyer
Soulbane
Elite Destroyer

Nightseer
Elite Frigate
Athame
Drill Frigate
Specter
Frigate
Seraph
Support Frigate
Palantir
Recon Frigate
[close]

Credits
Spoiler
Sundog - Lead, Scripting, Art, Design

Deathfly - Lead, Scripting, Design

AnyIDElse - Lead, Scripting, Art, Sound, Design

Histidine - Scripting, Design

Cycerin - Sound

ShadowLight - Sound

Jaylyn - Art

R.U.A - Art

A_PIAO_JUN - Art

fire_turtle - Art

ZeroXenon - Translation

Scarlet-MagicianX26 - Translation

Thanks

Alex, David, and everyone else at Fractal Softworks - For making Starsector

LazyWizard - For LazyLib and the Netbeans set-up tutorial

DarkRevenant - For ShardLib or ZZ GraphicsLib

Trylobot, Ashy Raven - For the excellent ship editor

kazi, MesoTroniK, Debido, Chaos Farseer, HELMUT, Gotcha!, mendonca, CopperCoyote, zoe_zucchini, lililili, fire_turtle, Seal

and many others

- For various reasons, from giving invaluable feedback to the MagicLib
[close]

Young man, strive to be the best, so that you can cry against the endless apathy of the world. For until our story ends by the touch of death, let it be weaved into the grandest tapestries of life.
==|==

Sundog

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: [0.9.1a] Idoneus Citadel Exiles
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2020, 02:30:38 PM »

To everyone who helped resurrect this mod, thank you!

TimeDiver

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2020, 03:05:16 PM »

The Soulbane looks mighty familiar...

Yeah, I know it got re-colored into the final boss for Ship/Weapons Pack's Arcade Mode mission...
« Last Edit: May 23, 2020, 03:07:26 PM by TimeDiver »

MesoTroniK

• Admiral
  • I am going to destroy your ships
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2020, 08:56:30 PM »

I played a couple mission battles, not enough to offer any serious / detailed feedback but it is good to see those cool boys ICE again.

But one thing I think I can point out is that the Scatter PD rocket? Really could use a rework, it seems exactly the same as I recall the original one being. But now a days? There is a way to make it so much cleaner looking and even play a bit smoother and be more compatible with certain types of scripts so here is what I would recommend changing:
- Instead of applying damage to get rid of the rocket? Remove the entity instead.
- Instead of spawning a prox fuzed projectile when it blows? Call spawnDamagingExplosion from the API instead.

So removing instead of destroying, and direct spawning the AOE damage? Will allow you to have total and complete control over the visuals, and also have them explode right away when time instead of basically waiting two frames. This will both look cleaner and run better (it really spams too much vfx right now), and also play better with various exotic scripted defenses notably the things on the super ships in Black Rock Drive Yards but that is far from the only example.

Anyways keep up the good work and I hope to see this mod continually refined and improved upon :)

THEASD

• Ensign
  • *Confused Cat Noise*
    • MSN Messenger - anyidelse@qq.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2020, 07:53:14 AM »

Missing Credit(s):

Tenshi - Spiritual Support
I want to use AnyIDElse as my profile name, but it was occupied :(